NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:25 pm Ruggs will be wearing purple and gold.
I’d be happy for you. Just worry about Cousins getting him the ball in stride deep.
Ask the Aints about that.
Nice to get Jefferson. Solid WR. All around solid.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Whoa Love to Pack!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:04 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:34 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm

I’d be happy for you. Just worry about Cousins getting him the ball in stride deep.
Ask the Aints about that.
Nice to get Jefferson. Solid WR. All around solid.
Solid a good word. Seems an obvious Diggs replacement. Need the upcoming CB pick to work out
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fuck it.
Get Swift.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Fulton

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

By the way CnB. Your Vikes have nailed the draft so far.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Looks like KC got Clyde.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Crazy. The KC offense is going to be a pinball machine next year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Huh.
Wanted Swift but still, now we got a RB.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

So many Rbs to choose from. Obviously a good strategy at 32.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:14 pm Huh.
CEH is more of an Andy Reid fit. Comps been thrown around like Priest Holmes, Brian Westbrook and Maurice Jones-Drew.

They have a RB on a 4 year contract at $9M. Then they move on after that or exercise the option and they get a 5th and then let him go and start over.

This guy is a pinball. People bounced off him all year. Bama guys, Clemson guys, Auburn guys. All bounced off of him. He’s a beast.

He’s not too end speed fast, but he’s quick and tough to bring down. Perfect for this offense.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I honestly think Chiefs wanted to trade down. Just not a prospect there to make a team want to come up. So at that point. Draft best player for your system. They knew it was CEH.

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

For all the talk of how so many athletes come from bad backgrounds, most of those picks seemed to live in some really really nice homes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:04 am For all the talk of how so many athletes come from bad backgrounds, most of those picks seemed to live in some really really nice homes.
Yeah. A lot of those homes are not the athlete's homes. Could be agents, aunts and uncles and whatnot. There were probably a handful of athletes homes that seemed to coincide with coming up poor.

Burrow's seemed legit because I think my living room is better than what I saw.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:27 pm
CEH is more of an Andy Reid fit. Comps been thrown around like Priest Holmes, Brian Westbrook and Maurice Jones-Drew.

They have a RB on a 4 year contract at $9M. Then they move on after that or exercise the option and they get a 5th and then let him go and start over.

This guy is a pinball. People bounced off him all year. Bama guys, Clemson guys, Auburn guys. All bounced off of him. He’s a beast.

He’s not too end speed fast, but he’s quick and tough to bring down. Perfect for this offense.
I see it both ways - it's questionable to pass on McKinney, Baun, Epanesa, Fulton...guys that would be day one starters.

On the other hand, Edwards-Helaire is probably as close to an ideal fit for this offense as you'll find. Williams also is, from a skills standpoint, but he's also 28 and not durable.

You can now forget about (and spend nothing material on) the position for at least three years. That's not nothing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I get the pick.
I think we are set on safety - Thornhill was solid in his rookie year and we got Badger.
Blacklock would have been interesting -- can we keep Chris Jones?

I thought we might 'reach' a bit for Trevon Diggs but there's several corners that should be around at the end of round 2 tonight.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:27 pm

I see it both ways - it's questionable to pass on McKinney, Baun, Epanesa, Fulton...guys that would be day one starters.

On the other hand, Edwards-Helaire is probably as close to an ideal fit for this offense as you'll find. Williams also is, from a skills standpoint, but he's also 28 and not durable.

You can now forget about (and spend nothing material on) the position for at least three years. That's not nothing.
Yeah. I'm more than OK with the pick because it's CEH. KC was not going to get him with their 2nd round pick. They had to take him now. Veach said last night that Reid says he can be better than Brian Westbrook. That's high praise considering Westbrook averaged 1,600 yards per scrimmage over his prime of 5 years when he was with Reid. If you can get 1,600 yards from scrimmage on a cheap deal with Mahomes at QB, you'll be alright.

Chiefs are still in position to get Bryce Hall from Virginia (My prediction and Juan Thornhill's college teammate and a damn good player) or Trevon Diggs from Bama to get a CB. They will get a defensive back today. The other pick should be an interior OL.

Don't be surprised if they get a TE either.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A project TE makes sense late.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Swift probably would have been the 'safer' pick but CEH has a higher ceiling and fits better into the type of backs that Reid would prefer. You are splitting hairs when it came to Swift, CEH and possibly Taylor. Dream scenario would have been Gladney or Queen but the Chiefs didn't like either to stretch to move up and get them.

Potentially three picks left...corner, LB and then best available.
Holidaysmore - 2005