Opening schools safely

Coffee talk.
holidaysmore

Re: Opening schools safely

Post by holidaysmore »

Speaking of Greek, not greek life apparently the owner of the Mad Greek died from 'Rona. Would come back to Lawrence once a month and then back to Greece and on one of his trips back to Lawrence he got it and then died in Greece. Yikes.

Zero way I could justify paying out of state, hell even in state tuition with all online learning. If I was a freshman I would either take a gap year or go all online and knock out your gen-ed courses for the cheap.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:58 am I think if I was a freshmen, I would just take the year off, work some job, save some money and hope 2021 is a better year for all. My neighbors daughter is a freshmen at Ksuck and she's living home and doing all online. What's the fvcking point?
This is a good take. To the extent going to a big school is worth the money, it's from the experience as much as anything else. Just punt until next year.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:16 am
shindig wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:58 am I think if I was a freshmen, I would just take the year off, work some job, save some money and hope 2021 is a better year for all. My neighbors daughter is a freshmen at Ksuck and she's living home and doing all online. What's the fvcking point?
This is a good take. To the extent going to a big school is worth the money, it's from the experience as much as anything else. Just punt until next year.
I think this idea is legit even without the pandemic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:12 am My daughter has an off campus apartment she shares with 3 other girls. He bestie and two other girls from Memphis. The Memphis girls moved in last week. One just tested positive.
Jeez, that sucks. Hope your daughter can steer clear, and she and her roomies end up ok.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:16 am
Or just take a couple online JUCO classes instead of paying for Ksuck classes. Seems silly to me because the quality is probably the same, not the cost. And then work at Starbucks or something and make some money and live at home.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 am and my mom like Yanni...so....
so, don't fuck the Greek life. They have cool architecture and art, and made incredible breakthroughs in math.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:13 am Speaking of Greek, not greek life apparently the owner of the Mad Greek died from 'Rona. Would come back to Lawrence once a month and then back to Greece and on one of his trips back to Lawrence he got it and then died in Greece. Yikes.

Zero way I could justify paying out of state, hell even in state tuition with all online learning. If I was a freshman I would either take a gap year or go all online and knock out your gen-ed courses for the cheap.
Right, I'd never take an important course or anything you cared about online. It's just not the same.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:13 am Speaking of Greek, not greek life apparently the owner of the Mad Greek died from 'Rona. Would come back to Lawrence once a month and then back to Greece and on one of his trips back to Lawrence he got it and then died in Greece. Yikes.

RIP mad Greek dude and everything, but jeez.

I wonder how many others he infected along the way.

Here’s your friendly reminder that 99.99% of travel is not necessary, and even more not necessary during a goddamn pandemic.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Where better than the college campus for these college age kids to be. They are at virtually no risk. They can party and vape and fornicate til their hearts content. All the while leaving the rest of behind to live our lives safely and freely.

Ship the kids off to campus and lock them in. Be doing the rest of us a service.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and rape...apparently

girl raped at one of KUs dorms last night
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:47 am and rape...apparently

girl raped at one of KUs dorms last night
"She was asking for it." - Lobster

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:44 am Where better than the college campus for these college age kids to be. They are at virtually no risk. They can party and vape and fornicate til their hearts content. All the while leaving the rest of behind to live our lives safely and freely.

Ship the kids off to campus and lock them in. Be doing the rest of us a service.
Even in this (very, very stupid) hypothetical world where the kids don’t, you know, go home...what about the faculty and staff?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:44 am Where better than the college campus for these college age kids to be. They are at virtually no risk. They can party and vape and fornicate til their hearts content. All the while leaving the rest of behind to live our lives safely and freely.

Can the college kids go boating too?!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

WTF. Come on.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The children are gonna booze, vape, fornicate and not physical distance without regard no matter where they lay their head. They might as well be doing it outside the reach of their loved ones.

Like the rest of you, I have been watching this firsthand all summer. All the while trying to bob and weave my way away from the fungus the college kids are spreading around with reckless abandon. Good riddance.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Boomers gonna boomer
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

How are they "AT" virtually no risk?
Haven't you been hearing/seeing/reading every day how there are multiple kids on multiple college campuses who are contracting and spreading the virus?

I take it you don't live in a college town. I take it you don't go places where college kids go.
If you do, then how are they leaving you to live your life safely and freely when if they have the virus they are always a threat to "freely" infect you and those who live with you and come in contact with you?

Don't get me wrong, I feel it's great if college kids are on a college campus living like college kids do - if they were virus free - in a "bubble" and/or ALL of them following smart "guidelines". Problem is, they're not.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I have a buddy who lives in west Lawrence, out by Corpus Christi Catholic Church and a lot of his neighbors are freaked out about all the students returning and spreading COVID, to the point, some won't even go to the grocery store now or go any near the campus or Mass street. Crazy sh$t.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Agree.
Hell, if I was an any year, i'd be like, "NO STUDENT BB TICKETS AND KEGGERS AT GUTTERS NAISMITH DORM ROOM HANGING OUT WITH DANNY? No thanks."
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:02 pm
Agree.
Hell, if I was an any year, i'd be like, "NO STUDENT BB TICKETS AND KEGGERS AT GUTTERS NAISMITH DORM ROOM HANGING OUT WITH DANNY? No thanks."
Yeah, I mean part of college is doing those things, otherwise you are paying a shit ton of money to sit at your computer all day in your parents basement. Fvck that. I told my neighbor her daughter should just take a couple classes at JuCo online and save money, but whatever, it's not my money. And she chose Ksuck over KU, so I shouldn't have wasted my time anyway.