NFL Regular Season

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Regular Season

Post by pdub »

You can like him or you can not like him but he's a football player except when he's not playing football and the Chiefs could or could not win the Super Bowl who knows.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Chiefs are not the Pats (yet), but they are certainly in that luxury position that the Pats were in for a decade or so:

Mahomes/Reid is the new Belichick/Terrific Tom in terms of being the first choice of a talented cut free agent who may be on his last chance (or not). They can sign them for no cap hit and get rid of them a week later if needed. The machine keeps going and the upside is a possible baby without the labor pains.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm You can like him or you can not like him but he's a football player except when he's not playing football and the Chiefs could or could not win the Super Bowl who knows.
Exactly!

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm You can like him or you can not like him but he's a football player except when he's not playing football and the Chiefs could or could not win the Super Bowl who knows.
Thanks, Illy.

Tyrann Mathieu was labeled a bad teammate and a locker room problem at a point in his career and he seems to be a perfect fit in KC and a great leader so I dont put much into rumors of how guys were on other teams. I hope KC gives him a shot. The worst case is that he's not worth it and they release him after a few weeks while the best case is that he can pass protect better than CEH and is an invaluable piece in pursuit of another Super Bowl win.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Veach going to lose him for taking him to Five Guys instead of Flea Market.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

photoshop
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Different angle for proof:

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That one is real.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Clyde Edwards Despair. Chiefs getting Bell.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Can’t wait for his tweets mocking EB for not getting 25 carries a game......
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Two back system works much better for this KC system when one is a 5'8" rookie. Love this signing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ugh.
Dislike.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Regardless of who plays RB, you have to block.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm Ugh.
Dislike.
Curious as to why? He’s better than the backup now. He’s an excellent receiving back, still has the outstanding patience and has the smarts. Just not the athlete he was. He was in a shitty situation with Gase and the Jets.

If talent is out there, you acquire it. Better pickup than McCoy last year. And McCoy did good things.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm Ugh.
Dislike.
No way you can dislike this as a football move. Maybe as a disruptive personality in the locker-room but as a player pre jets Bell was unbelievable. Some one was going to get Bell on the cheap.... it might has well been the CHIEFS
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“as a disruptive personality”
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Come on pdub - you're being too much like me with the negativity.
The guy will be only as disruptive as he is allowed to be.
I'm confident he knows he's not going to be the king of the Chiefs. I'm confident he knows Reid (and Veach) isn't going to put up with bullshit.
I'm confident he knows he has a golden opportunity to be a solid contributor to the team that should win the Super Bowl.
Try and think of this as a positive - until it's a negative.
Yes, I'm the moron who also said he was "confident" the Dodgers are going to win the NLCS but hey.....
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:17 am “as a disruptive personality”
He can be painlessly let go.

And he has to know that if he can't make it work in this offense, with these coaches, he's probably out of the league before turning 30.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

And he has to know that if he can't make it work in this offense, with these coaches, he's probably out of the league before turning 30.
Bell has about 40 million reason to make the next 12 weeks count. Top talent with the need to perform, and another toy for the perhaps the greatest QB talent maybe of all time, all for the ripe sum of *check notes* peanuts. He can be benched or deactivated at any time, a la Shady last year. This is the lowest of risk of deals.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NiceDC wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 am

Bell has about 40 million reason to make the next 12 weeks count. Top talent with the need to perform, and another toy for the perhaps the greatest QB talent maybe of all time, all for the ripe sum of *check notes* peanuts. He can be benched or deactivated at any time, a la Shady last year. This is the lowest of risk of deals.
Not that it matters because like you say there's no risk with this move, but the notion that Bell is some kind of locker room distraction is, at best, being completely oversold by some. He's not a disruption at all and a 5 minute look into his past spells that out.

I read that Bell is currently more than 2 years younger and more than 1000 carries less than Shady McCoy was at the same time that KC signed him. This is just the rich getting richer at essentially no cost. I'm jealous.