KU St Joes Official Gamethread

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: KU St Joes Official Gamethread

Post by twocoach »

thekid6 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 pm When we play teams that jack 30+ 3's, Dave's issues will be magnified. Against teams that play slow and/or traditional, he will be much better. Give it time, but it will happen.
Agreed. He has skill and range but just needs to calm the fuck down and play confidently. Teams have had less practice and it shows.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If ever there was a reason to look at +/- averages, David is it this year. With five guards, this team has reach, scoring, speed, length and quickness that is elite. The traditional post-up games don't look too enticing to me at this point.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Udoka did not have a season where he came out and was playing at close to his ceiling. Took awhile for him to get going.

I wonder if there is something to guards being in a better position to start the year with the new age of ball and no sets being installed in noncon. Early on, just spread the court and get open shots--not great for a traditional big. Our offense certainly look(s)(ed) better with Jalen at the 5, but it could very well just be because this is closer to AAU ball for now.

We need Big Mac in our next game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:31 pm Udoka did not have a season where he came out and was playing at close to his ceiling. Took awhile for him to get going.

I wonder if there is something to guards being in a better position to start the year with the new age of ball and no sets being installed in noncon. Early on, just spread the court and get open shots--not great for a traditional big. Our offense certainly look(s)(ed) better with Jalen at the 5, but it could very well just be because this is closer to AAU ball for now.

We need Big Mac in our next game.
Well formulated hypothesis with factual reference.
Good post.