Joe Rogan

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Joe Rogan

Post by PhDhawk »

zsn wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am The difference between having on an anti-vaxer and a flat-earther is that a flat earther isn't trying to persuade people to do something dangerous that could hurt them or threaten their lives.
You left out an important phrase at the end of your statement “…..and lives of many others”

For every person who doesn’t get vaccinated (s)he is endangering her/himself as well as numerous others! This the reason why Joe Rogan is dangerous.
good point
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:15 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 am For every person who doesn’t get vaccinated (s)he is endangering her/himself as well as numerous others!
that may have been true 6-8-10-12 months ago. not so much anymore. now that we know for sure the vaxxed can carry it, get it and spread it just like the unvaxxed.
But it isn't just like the unvaxxed. It's still at a significantly lower rate.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:19 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:16 pm Dammit, no. The "fire in a crowded theatre" quip is not the law. It is very old dicta that has never been the law.
Please, no facts here.
I shouldn't have even dipped into this thread. You know a great discussion about 1st Amendment rights is going to come in a discussion about Joe Rogan and (I presume) Spotify.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:16 pm Dammit, no. The "fire in a crowded theatre" quip is not the law. It is very old dicta that has never been the law.
It doesn't qualify as disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:31 pm
The context was 1st Amendment, which is about inciting violence through speech. "Fire in a crowded theatre" has never been the law.

The answer to your question would depend on the specific state law and, of course, the facts of the situation.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:28 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:26 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:19 pm

Please, no facts here.
Your side is the one using that argument here
Hmm? What ‘side’?
Deplatform Joe Rogan side.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:15 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 am For every person who doesn’t get vaccinated (s)he is endangering her/himself as well as numerous others!
that may have been true 6-8-10-12 months ago. not so much anymore. now that we know for sure the vaxxed can carry it, get it and spread it just like the unvaxxed.
Depending on who/what you believe, there are people who are unvaccinated and taking up hospital beds (and have the need for doctors and nurses to treat them that could be attending to other people in need) - because they are unvaccinated.
If that's true, you don't think that "endangers" them and/or others?
Decent chance my bro-in-law would still be alive today and treating what killed him if that wasn't the case.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:39 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:31 pm
The context was 1st Amendment, which is about inciting violence through speech. "Fire in a crowded theatre" has never been the law.

The answer to your question would depend on the specific state law and, of course, the facts of the situation.
I stand corrected then.

Still a terrible example by Q.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:40 pm
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:28 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:26 pm

Your side is the one using that argument here
Hmm? What ‘side’?
Deplatform Joe Rogan side.
Where did I make this argument?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Hard to tell, you don't generally use anything to back up your points of view.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:12 pm Hard to tell, you don't generally use anything to back up your points of view.
I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️, I just never made the claim that Rogan should be de-platformed but you called that my ‘side’.

I was just pointing out that illy doesn’t concern himself with facts
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Rogan at the beginning of the pandemic. Very different.

https://twitter.com/daviddoel/status/14 ... YK4O6rn1QQ

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The mob going after Rogan's use of the-word-that-I-can't-say is troubling.

The notion that nobody can use that word is also bothersome to me.

I mean, I don't think goyim should never use the word kike if they're using it in a way that is anti-anti-Semitic, or just in the discussion of language, like here.

In fact, saying that you can't use that word even to point out someone's anti-Semitism seems to be trying to act like the word, and thus to an extent anti-Semitism, doesn't exist. And that I have a huge problem with.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

🤦🏻‍♂️
Deleted User 863

It's okay to say the N-word as long as you're making fun of republicans while using it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:16 pm It's okay to say the N-word as long as you're making fun of republicans while using it.
It depends. If it is "just making fun of", that's not ok. If it's pointing out their bigotry pejoratively, that's different. Not necessarily accurate, but also not at all racist.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm The mob going after Rogan's use of the-word-that-I-can't-say is troubling.

I mean, I don't think goyim should never use the word k*** if they're using it in a way that is anti-anti-Semitic, or just in the discussion of language, like here.

In fact, saying that you can't use that word even to point out someone's anti-Semitism seems to be trying to act like the word, and thus to an extent anti-Semitism, doesn't exist. And that I have a huge problem with.
I about fired a dude because I found a bunch of folders on the network with that name that belonged to him. Turned out it was his nickname.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:14 pm 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'll mark you down as caring about virtue signaling and not giving a shit about actual bigotry.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm The mob going after Rogan's use of the-word-that-I-can't-say is troubling.

I mean, I don't think goyim should never use the word kike if they're using it in a way that is anti-anti-Semitic, or just in the discussion of language, like here.

If you are in the public eye and say things that are recorded on a long enough timeline, you will eventually end up running afoul of someone.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris