March Madness 2022

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: March Madness 2022

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:10 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:08 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:59 amIf we get to the Elite Eight and lose to Auburn then I will consider it an excellent season.
With the favorable bracket and being the 3rd best resume in the tourney, it's hard for me to consider anything less than a F4 as an excellent achievement.

This is a region we/Bill need to win save for a bunch of injuries (knocks on wood).
We all know that the resume of this team is more impressive than the ability of this team.

It took a hot steak to end the regular season and Big 12 tourney and a favorable bracket for me to feel like the ceiling on this time was higher than Round of 32/Sweet Sixteen so I'll still stick with getting beyond that as my measure of satisfaction. The limited skill level of the team and the weaknesses they have didn't magically change due to 4 wins and a nice bracket. If anything, knowing that both DMac and Mitch are gimpy right now has only made them more vulnerable than ever.
While I generally agree, this team is vulnerable to such a particular type of opponent. When the path to the Final Four doesn't really present that type of opponent, expectations change.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Auburn looked like a 1 seed not too long ago. I am not overlooking them.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:59 amIf we get to the Elite Eight and lose to Auburn then I will consider it an excellent season.
With the favorable bracket and being the 3rd best resume in the tourney, it's hard for me to consider anything less than a F4 as an excellent achievement.

This is a region we/Bill need to win save for a bunch of injuries (knocks on wood).
We all know that the resume of this team is more impressive than the ability of this team.

It took a hot steak to end the regular season and Big 12 tourney and a favorable bracket for me to feel like the ceiling on this time was higher than Round of 32/Sweet Sixteen so I'll still stick with getting beyond that as my measure of satisfaction. The limited skill level of the team and the weaknesses they have didn't magically change due to 4 wins and a nice bracket. If anything, knowing that both DMac and Mitch are gimpy right now has only made them more vulnerable than ever.
I get it, and mostly agree. But, we're here now, and the path to the Final Four is not daunting, so it changes.

2011 would not have hurt nearly as bad if 3 other #1 seeds were awaiting us in the Final Four.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:42 pm

While I generally agree, this team is vulnerable to such a particular type of opponent. When the path to the Final Four doesn't really present that type of opponent, expectations change.
Are you considering Jabari Smith a perimeter player? Because Evan Mobley destroyed our guys a year ago.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm Auburn looked like a 1 seed not too long ago. I am not overlooking them.
It's not an overlooking thing, it's just being realistic. As draws go, this one was exceptionally favorable to our strengths and weaknesses.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Are you considering Jabari Smith a perimeter player? Because Evan Mobley destroyed our guys a year ago.
Yes. Completely different play styles.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm

True, but just a guy that we don't have the top-end talent to compete with.

(I think Wiscy comes out of the bottom half, anyway)
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Especially when it comes to crunch time. Smith loves to play in the midrange out to the 3 point line. When the game gets tight down the stretch, instead of going closer and taking over, he seems to like to float around the 3 point line more and more.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:12 pm

Especially when it comes to crunch time. Smith loves to play in the midrange out to the 3 point line. When the game gets tight down the stretch, instead of going closer and taking over, he seems to like to float around the 3 point line more and more.
Rashard Lewis
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:06 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm Auburn looked like a 1 seed not too long ago. I am not overlooking them.
It's not an overlooking thing, it's just being realistic. As draws go, this one was exceptionally favorable to our strengths and weaknesses.
24th adjustedO and 8th adjustedD for Auburn.

Duke is 7th adjustedO and 44th adjustedD.

Nova 8thO and 29thD

Of the 2 seeds who we haven't played, they seem the most capable of making it a low scoring game which is not our strength. I personally think they have a better chance to make the final 4 than Duke or Nova.

Maybe the last week has me love drunk with our team, but I honestly think if we play well there are only 2 or 3 teams who can beat us. Gonzaga. Arizona. Kentucky. That's it. I really think we can backdoor a national title this season if we shoot well from 3. Primarily CB Och and JW. Plus, if somehow we are going to get 10pt per night Remy once these lights get bright like he appears to enjoy then I am optimistic of our chances. Plenty of years we are clearly the best team and don't win. Maybe this year we can be the flip side of that equation. Consistent play from veterans. And guys who have won mutliple close games this season together.

I wouldn't be shocked at a natty. I wouldn't be shocked at loss in our sweet 16 matchup.

BUT I am glad it's not UK as our 2. Or Purdue as our 3. I like our 3 and 4 seeds....we definitely have the best bracket i remember in recent history. A lot of years it feels like we get tough bracket matchups.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Auburn and Iowa are both top 15 teams.

As two coach and PhD mentioned, this team has over performed and has gotten away with some close calls that would have knocked us to a 2 or 3 seed.

A B12 regular season title and E8 is what I expected with this crew and would consider that easily a successful season.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:10 pm We all know that the resume of this team is more impressive than the ability of this team.
This is KU basketball.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Rex Chapman is bad at being a studio analyst.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:37 pm Rex Chapman is bad at being a studio analyst.
It’s almost like he has no original thoughts or ideas.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Rutgers ND is pretty fun
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Double OT in notre dame Rutgers game.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wow
Defense. Rebounds.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Oklahoma would’ve whipped either one of those teams.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:20 am Oklahoma would’ve whipped either one of those teams.
Maybe.
You are saying that based on what? Watching one game last night?

Just a quick fyi....

Notre Dame beat Kentucky. KU lost to Kentucky by 18.
Is Notre Dame > Kansas?

Rutgers beat at least 8 teams who are in the tournament.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Certainly wasn't his kid's fault they lost.
I love Ron but I'll say it, clearly he was having trouble with the English language when he tweeted this. :?

https://twitter.com/HARPER04_5/status/1 ... 0424883201
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.