Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:42 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:38 am In a perfect world, everyone would cast an informed verified vote.

We have a long way to go to to get there
You're just itching to go from voter ID requirements right to loyalty tests, arentcha.
Republicans tell Randy in their own words how they purposefully weaponize voter ID to suppress the voting of people less likely to vote for them, and he still doesn't get it.

Congratulations Randy, you're special kind of ignorant.

Stupid people like you are going to be the end of our democracy, because as long as the people threatening it agree with you, you don't care about inconvenient concepts like the constitution, fair elections, and the peaceful transfer of power.

After losing the 2020 presidential election by over 7 million votes, Trump called for termination of the constitution. And yesterday, this:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If EVERYONE is required to have ID to vote, and EVERYONE is provided ID, how could it possibly affect democrats more than Republicans?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:56 am If EVERYONE is required to have ID to vote, and EVERYONE is provided ID, how could it possibly affect democrats more than Republicans?
You're going to have to expand some on "provided."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Personally I think everyone should be provided an ID and given a vote. But if you are too stupid to have an acquired an ID yourself, if you've lived your entire life and not acquired an ID, are you really a person thats going to submit an informed vote? Doubtful
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:42 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:38 am In a perfect world, everyone would cast an informed verified vote.

We have a long way to go to to get there
You're just itching to go from voter ID requirements right to loyalty tests, arentcha.
Republicans tell Randy in their own words how they purposefully weaponize voter ID to suppress the voting of people less likely to vote for them, and he still doesn't get it.

Congratulations Randy, you're special kind of ignorant.

Stupid people like you are going to be the end of our democracy, because as long as the people threatening it agree with you, you don't care about inconvenient concepts like the constitution, fair elections, and the peaceful transfer of power.

After losing the 2020 presidential election by over 7 million votes, Trump called for termination of the constitution. And yesterday, this:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... wsrc%5Etfw
My only issue with your post is where you say Randy "still doesn't get it."

He does. See, it's right here:
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:47 am Unfortunately we have a political party committed to flooding our country with illegals that shouldn't be voting. Thats why voter ID matters
Voter ID matters, for political reasons. It's right there!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:59 am Personally I think everyone should be provided an ID and given a vote. But if you are too stupid to have an acquired an ID yourself, if you've lived your entire life and not acquired an ID, are you really a person thats going to submit an informed vote? Doubtful
Like I said, you're downright erect over going from voter ID to loyalty tests.

Disagree with me? Tell me how someone would establish, to your satisfaction, that they're submitting an "informed vote".

(It's here I'll note the irony of someone who forms their opinions exclusively from right-wing memes and shitposts, complaining about others being underinformed.)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If democrats truly beleive voter ID affects them disproportionately they are either worried that:

A) they are counting on illegitimate votes
Or
B) a big chunk of their votes are uneducated votes dependant on media influenced propaganda, cast by people who don't truly pay attention to policies or what politicians actually do in office

Republicans will tell you its A. Libertarians will tell you its B. And democrats will echo their parties cry of "voters suppression"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

An informed voter that voted for biden because he laid plans to increase taxes on the rich. Which they agreed with

An uninformed voter that voted for biden who had no clue he intended to tweak taxes, and then later complained about inflation

Stuff like that.

You can be an informed voter and cast a vote different than mine. As long as you have good reasons or causes you beleive in that lead to that vote, im fine with that
Last edited by randylahey on Wed May 17, 2023 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:07 am An informed voter that voted for biden because he laid plans to increase taxes on the rich. Which they agreed with

An uninformed voter that voter for biden who had no clue he intended to tweak taxes, and then later complained about inflation

Stuff like that.

You can be an informed voter and cast a vote different than mine. As long as you have good reasons or causes you beleive in that lead to that vote, im fine with that
So, again you fail to do the very simple thing you're asked to do.

If only "informed votes" should be counted, tell me how someone would pass this test, to your satisfaction.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:04 am If democrats truly beleive voter ID affects them disproportionately they are either worried that:

Or
B) a big chunk of their votes are uneducated votes dependant on media influenced propaganda, cast by people who don't truly pay attention to policies or what politicians actually do in office

Republicans will tell you its A. Libertarians will tell you its B. And democrats will echo their parties cry of "voters suppression"
So, ah...it's the Democrats who are racist, but you're now calling people without ID - a group that ABSOLUTELY is overrepresented by minorities - uneducated?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There is no way to distinguish between an informed and uniformed vote jfish. Every vote counts as 1. Its just wishful thinking that all votes would be informed votes
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But. If someone was fumbled their life so bad they haven't even acquired an ID at some point, they probably aren't the most informed about anything
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:12 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:04 am If democrats truly beleive voter ID affects them disproportionately they are either worried that:

Or

So, ah...it's the Democrats who are racist, but you're now calling people without ID - a group that ABSOLUTELY is overrepresented by minorities - uneducated?
No a single aspect of my post you quoted mentions race. If there is any racism here, its you making racist assumptions
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:16 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:12 am

Or

No a single aspect of my post you quoted mentions race. If there is any racism here, its you making racist assumptions
Dog whistles are silent. That’s sort of the point.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

well. chapter 1 of the playbook does read "if you do not see things my way, you are a rascist."

the playbook is never wrong.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:29 am well. chapter 1 of the playbook does read "if you do not see things my way, you are a rascist."

the playbook is never wrong.
Ok, what would YOU call a policy that obviously is disproportionately burdensome on minorities?

Whatever you’d like to call it, it’s simply not justified by the hard evidence, which has been tested many many many times over, including in recent years.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Not all minorities vote democrat. They are not required to do that and a lot of them don't
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If voter ID disproportionately affects democrats, maybe that exposes what kind of voters the democrats are targeting and exploiting for votes
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:39 am If voter ID disproportionately affects democrats, maybe that exposes what kind of voters the democrats are targeting and exploiting for votes
Why the scare words here? Targeting and exploiting? Yet another confession-by-accusation.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it seems that our definitions of the word "burden" are differing things.

that's cool.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"