21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am
hasbeen wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:08 am Yes, Bobby definitely looks better than Yes so far, but it's early. My worry though is that Yes is the kind of player who needs the ball a good deal to really make an impact.

In hindsight, I'm kicking myself for assuming Lands wouldn't play much. Maybe he won't as much after Jalen comes back? Not sure, but he's really the perfect floor spacer for Dave, Och, and Remy. Also appears to be a much better playmaker than I thought.
He had some good scoring games against us.

Always room for a shooter. I think he's more talented than Isaiah Moss, who I wasn't a huge fan of outside of the shooting.
JCL should get good minutes all year. backing up braun/och. having that experienced and good of a shooter off the bench is a huge luxury
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:44 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am
hasbeen wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:08 am Yes, Bobby definitely looks better than Yes so far, but it's early. My worry though is that Yes is the kind of player who needs the ball a good deal to really make an impact.

In hindsight, I'm kicking myself for assuming Lands wouldn't play much. Maybe he won't as much after Jalen comes back? Not sure, but he's really the perfect floor spacer for Dave, Och, and Remy. Also appears to be a much better playmaker than I thought.
He had some good scoring games against us.

Always room for a shooter. I think he's more talented than Isaiah Moss, who I wasn't a huge fan of outside of the shooting.
JCL should get good minutes all year. backing up braun/och. having that experienced and good of a shooter off the bench is a huge luxury
He's Isaiah Moss. Which is fine!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Looks more dynamic than Moss
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

He's definitely more dynamic than Moss. I recall Moss on occasion hitting a floater but it was not something he looked to do. JCL looks competent and like he wants to create for others. I don't know how much we actually want JCL with the ball in his hands for longer than a catch and shoot with Dave, Remy, and Och on the team, but the defense has to account for him which will help.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

JCL looks longer than the 6’4” he’s listed at.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JCL is a "must guard" from three and is experienced enough that he will not be shooting us in our own foot with dumb mistakes. He is a perfect role player on the team and can fill in for anyone non-big on the roster for spot minutes. Good size, decent speed, very polished and hustles as witnessed by his save of a bad pass followed by the hustle back into play to drain a three. That was one of the few signs of life from the crowd in a game that was otherwise hard for the crowd to bust out some noise.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and he is 25 years old. a cagey veteran.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So I gushed on Och. I thought Clemence was also great tonight, also sky high confidence.

Everyone else was vanilla tonight. Remy too, missed two practices this week with injury and seemed to be on minutes restriction. Could have beat that team by 50.

I also can't wait for Jalen after the all of the staff's comments. I think we see him playing the 5 and we just run the shit out of teams.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Teeny ball!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We had this same argument last year, but especially this year with an even faster/quicker team, I just don't see how a lineup with Mitch is a better lineup than one with Jalen. They're the same height and Jalen's the better rebounder and can start the fastbreak himself.

The 2nd half tonight should show how lethal this team can be in transition.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Clemence has 17 points in 11 minutes this year.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:23 pm We had this same argument last year, but especially this year with an even faster/quicker team, I just don't see how a lineup with Mitch is a better lineup than one with Jalen. They're the same height and Jalen's the better rebounder and can start the fastbreak himself.

Agreed.

But I would say if we play a team like Texas or usc from last year I would like to see mcmack and clemence together.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:23 pm We had this same argument last year, but especially this year with an even faster/quicker team, I just don't see how a lineup with Mitch is a better lineup than one with Jalen. They're the same height and Jalen's the better rebounder and can start the fastbreak himself.

Agreed.

But I would say if we play a team like Texas or usc from last year I would like to see mcmack and clemence together.
Way too slow. Clemence can't play the 4 on D.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

So, looking to his sophomore and junior season -- do we want him to work on quickness so he can play 4 or bulk up so he can be more effective inside?
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I don't think he'll ever be quick enough to guard a 4 in today's game.

I'd like to see him be able to jump so he can actually dunk and block shots. As of now he's basically Kevin Pittsnogle... But obviously with room to grow/improve.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I sense a fundamental shift in how Self wants to overwhelm opponents.

Trying to out-run teams now, rather than out-big.

It makes me wonder how much longer he’ll try to start games by forcing the post to Dave.

Why not just get guards moving it instead, especially since forcing it to Dave makes him prone to spazzing out.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 am I sense a fundamental shift in how Self wants to overwhelm opponents.

Trying to out-run teams now, rather than out-big.

It makes me wonder how much longer he’ll try to start games by forcing the post to Dave.

Why not just get guards moving it instead, especially since forcing it to Dave makes him prone to spazzing out.
Last night we repeatedly forced the ball inside to Dave (initially) and then Mitch multiple times after Dave got yanked. I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe Self has had a sudden change in philosophy. The only thing new i have seen so far (and i like it) is a few attempts at posting up Och.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Have to wait until Jalen plays. Staff is repeatedly telling the media how much they want to run when Jalen gets back

Stony Brook played really small most of the night.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 am So, looking to his sophomore and junior season -- do we want him to work on quickness so he can play 4 or bulk up so he can be more effective inside?
I want to see him get quicker. He’s going to get stronger just by being here and maturing. Bill’s never had a player like Clemence here.

I think an nba team will give him a shot as a role player.