F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: F the NCAA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ESPN article was a little more helpful than AP article.

USC has some recruiting restrictions that NCAA accepted. They are fined 1% of basketball budget (who the hell knows where that is going). And Bland has a 3-year show cause?

OK, sign me up for: recruiting restrictions. 1% of KU basketball budget. Kurtis Townsend getting a 2 year show cause. No postseason ban.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:50 am What were the deets KU the USC case that made it more egregious than us?
The coach also took money to help direct players to Dawkins, was arrested, pled guilty.

USC basically had to admit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am ESPN article was a little more helpful than AP article.

USC has some recruiting restrictions that NCAA accepted. They are fined 1% of basketball budget (who the hell knows where that is going). And Bland has a 3-year show cause?

OK, sign me up for: recruiting restrictions. 1% of KU basketball budget. Kurtis Townsend getting a 2 year show cause. No postseason ban.
yes please.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am ESPN article was a little more helpful than AP article.

Is there any question that all of us would take this?

Gimmie this no matter how much KU is guilty of or not. Take this deal and walk now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Gimmie this no matter how much KU is guilty of or not. Take this deal and walk now.
Recruiting time? Whatever, Kansas recruits itself.

Money is just money.

Upgrade the coaching staff.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Is this just the NCAA firing a few shots as they retreat?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man, the longer the KU case holds out, the better for KU. The NCAA as we know it is growing more irrelevant by the minute.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

true, except for the uncertainty that follows the drag-out
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Recruiting time? Whatever, Kansas recruits itself.
Not lately apparently.

Remember the days when we had 2 or 3 top 25-30 players in most classes? Back when adidas could still help us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

D2 transfers and juco guys woo!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lost in the shuffle (I think), is that yesterday the NCAA finally and unanimously approved the one free transfer rule for all sports.

But, still, F the NCAA.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

Will know the outcome of our violations...in a year...

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/college-spo ... caa-board/
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol...what a joke
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We want TyTy.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Can Snacks just take on the show cause?
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

vega wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:59 pm Will know the outcome of our violations...in a year...

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/college-spo ... caa-board/
Mind-blowing.
What haven't they figured out yet? Just a black eye on them and makes me (and I am sure others) question their competence and have to assume an independent ruler on this would find fault in their handling of the situation.

When I heard about it, I meant to comment about Emmert's extension coming right after the major tourney fuck up.
The fact that the Board of Governors voted unanimously to give him an extension tells you all you need to know about the ENTIRE clown show known as the NCAA "leadership".
As if we didn't already know it was a total not funny joke.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

But isn't that ruling coming from someone seperate from the NCAA?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’ve said this many time but the delays are the punishment
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:08 pm I’ve said this many time but the delays are the punishment
Josef K. U.
It is enough to know we are under arrest. We will be climbing tenement steps to hidden court rooms for years.