Sweet 16 Thread

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Sweet 16 Thread

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:08 pm so, isu or miami?

i think i’d almost rather have miami
KU is a win over a 10 or 11 seed away from going to the final 4
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m changing my vote
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

What's with the cameras they use for coach interviews during timeouts?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They blur the background with subject recognition.

Not a fan.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:50 pm Wilson does too good of a job contortioning himself to get away from defenders to get a shot up. Go drive through that foul.
Was thinking the same during the game. He seemed to have some opportunities to just take it up strong and tried to finesse a bit too much. Was still the best player, but he's got another level he can get to... Which is part of why I am appreciating him now, because he gone
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Jeff Goodman looks even more douchey in person. That's almost impressive
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:16 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:50 pm Wilson does too good of a job contortioning himself to get away from defenders to get a shot up. Go drive through that foul.
Was thinking the same during the game. He seemed to have some opportunities to just take it up strong and tried to finesse a bit too much. Was still the best player, but he's got another level he can get to... Which is part of why I am appreciating him now, because he gone
I didnt think he had a chance of leaving but now, because I firmly believe NCAA tournament influences draft position, he very well could.

Give me three more wins and you, Braun, Remy, Ochai and DMac can leave the reigns to Lightfoot.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:00 pm They blur the background with subject recognition.

Not a fan.
the constant movement is annoying

it’s like a drone is holding the camera
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So Miami is a good offensive team who is awful at rebounding at both ends and to be honest, below average at defense.

They get to the basket for high percentage shots but dont defend the same.

No reason not to roll here.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:57 pm So Miami is a good offensive team who is awful at rebounding at both ends and to be honest, below average at defense.

They get to the basket for high percentage shots but dont defend the same.

No reason not to roll here.
Shocked we opened at 6pt favorites which is less than we were against Providence.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Come on guys. Miami beat Auburn by 18 and Miami beat ISU by 14 (KU beat them by 1 and 9).
In the "regular" season Miami beat UNC by 18 and Miami beat Duke.
Miami can beat Kansas.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well yea.
But we have a much greater chance at beating them.
Like close to 80 percent I'd bet.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I like our chances too.
You are spot on. According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index we have an 83.6% "chance" of beating them.
I'm just saying I feel we (as fans) would be foolish to take them lightly and to me, they are playing as well (if not better) than we are right now.
Meanwhile, I say fuck "the U" and lets go beat the crap out of them and head to New Orleans!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:34 am Come on guys. Miami beat Auburn by 18 and Miami beat ISU by 14 (KU beat them by 1 and 9).
In the "regular" season Miami beat UNC by 18 and Miami beat Duke.
Miami can beat Kansas.
They can. I don't think they will. KU is playing great defense and rebounding well and should be able to score on Miami.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

If the guys come out tight and Miami hits a few shots out of the gates, KU will lose...it's the recipe for a KU tournament loss almost every year.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL we've overcome that exact scenario numerous times.

The only way KU will lose is if Miami scores more points. There are an infinite number of ways that scenario could unfold.

But let's remember, miami is a 10 seed. For a reason. We are a 1 seed. For a reason.

We just need to find a way to win. We can do that numerous ways.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Miami is on the level of Oklahoma.
We had poor games against them and still won.

Miami also profiles well, unfortunately, to VCU 11.

Its the E8, it obviously isn't easy, but this is a team we should beat.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:11 am LOL we've overcome that exact scenario numerous times.

The only way KU will lose is if Miami scores more points. There are an infinite number of ways that scenario could unfold.

But let's remember, miami is a 10 seed. For a reason. We are a 1 seed. For a reason.

We just need to find a way to win. We can do that numerous ways.
Bro, I never said they've never overcome that scenario (Eastern Washington, Penn, Eastern Kentucky).

Almost every KU loss in the NCAA Tournament is that exact same scenario..Villanova (2016), Oregon, Stanford, WSU, VCU, UNI, etc...USC, Auburn, & Villanova (2018) were more blitzes, but still somewhat similar.

Sure, Miami is a 10-seed for a reason. St Peter's is a 15-seed for a reason, right? Seeds mean shit at this point...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If there is a formula to us loosing in the tourney, it’s prob us getting in an early hole and having to play catch-up?

Fortunately, Remy checking in just might be the antidote to that.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:49 am If there is a formula to us loosing in the tourney, it’s prob us getting in an early hole and having to play catch-up?

Fortunately, Remy checking in just might be the antidote to that.
white guys and other role players going unconscious from 3 and playing out od their heads.

luckily we weathered the Creighton storm.
Just Ledoux it