Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm Draymond is an awesome overall player but can't shoot the basketball. Not better than Wiggins. Draymond is the one argument id take seriously here cause of his defense passing etc

Jordan Poole can get hot and score points. But Wiggins is better at every other aspect of the game. Jordan Poole is basically playing that sixth man scorer role. Hes overhyped right now. Theres tons of guys like him in the league

Klay Thompson is solid. But he missed 2 full seasons of basketball. He is not his former self. He is no longer the klay Thompson you guys are thinking of
Green leads the Warriors in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks per game in the playoffs and is the straw that stirs their drink at both ends of the court. If you daid Wiggins was the better shooter, I would agree with you. You didn't.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:31 pm For reference Spencer Dinwiddie is averaging 13.7pts per game in the playoffs, and just under 16 on the season (for Dallas).

Clarkson 17.5pts in the playoffs and 16pts on the season.

Poole is averaging 18.9pts per game in the playoffs, and 18.5pts on the season.

I think Poole is better than Spencer Dinwiddie and Jordan Clarkson.
Do you think DeRozan was the 5th best player in the NBA this season?

No doubt Wiggins has played great (or at least very good) defense on Luka but for everyone crediting Wiggins, they sure as heck better be appreciating Luka's greatness too.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
But probably in the top 15.
Easily top 20.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:52 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:31 pm For reference Spencer Dinwiddie is averaging 13.7pts per game in the playoffs, and just under 16 on the season (for Dallas).

Not top 5 (that would be Embiid Giannis Jokic Morant and then Booker or Doncic for me). I do think DeRozan was probably a top 10 player in the league "this season" though.

Randy mentioned Poole in comparison to Dinwiddie and Clarkson. Which was the reason I provided some stats.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

He's a lot closer to guys like Dinwiddie and Clarkson than he is to guys like DeRozan.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:57 am
No.
Easily top 20.
Maybe. Probably.
No particular order - strictly opinion based - I don't expect others to agree - 15/16 guys I might rate above him....

Embiid
Giannis
Luka
KD
Curry
LeBron
Jokic
Ja
Tatum
Booker
Paul
Young
Kawahi
Ant
Buckets
Kyrie
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"this season"

Kawhi didn't have a very good season this year ( 0 games played in fact ).
Nor did Ant ( Anthony Davis? ).
Nor did Kyrie.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:54 am "this season"

Kawhi didn't have a very good season this year ( 0 games played in fact ).
Nor did Ant ( Anthony Davis? ).
Nor did Kyrie.
Kawahi - Not sure why my dumb ass included him. I think it was because it's a habit.
Ant - Could be Davis or Edwards. Either would be highly debatable but........
Kyrie - I feel when he played, he was a better player than DeRozan.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kyrie played 29 games.
Barely 1/3rd of the season.

He doesn't qualify. And even if he did, his stats are similar to DeRozan's with DeRozan scoring more PPG on a higher FG% and more RPG with a better DEF RTG. Also Kyrie wasn't on the All Star team, DeRozan was.

Nikola Jokic -350
Joel Embiid +300
Giannis Antetokounmpo +575
Luka Doncic +15000
Devin Booker +15000
Jayson Tatum +15000
Stephen Curry +15000
DeMar DeRozan +15000
Ja Morant +20000

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls ... a-mvp-race
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am He's a lot closer to guys like Dinwiddie and Clarkson than he is to guys like DeRozan.
For the record, I don't think anyone compared Jordan Poole to DeRozan.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am He's a lot closer to guys like Dinwiddie and Clarkson than he is to guys like DeRozan.
I know, but at the same time there did seem to be some acception taken that Poole would be compared to Dinwiddie and Clarkson. Almost like it was an insult and he should be considered superior to those two.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I know, but at the same time there did seem to be some acception taken that Poole would be compared to Dinwiddie and Clarkson. Almost like it was an insult and he should be considered superior to those two.

I honestly have no idea why DeRozan was brought into the conversation, lol. I just used his name because he was the other one being thrown around when talking about top guys.
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:08 pm
Gotcha.

They're absolutely comparable. 6th man types that provide scoring. I do think Poole is better and has much higher market value at this point in time.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:50 am
randylahey wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm Draymond is an awesome overall player but can't shoot the basketball. Not better than Wiggins. Draymond is the one argument id take seriously here cause of his defense passing etc

Jordan Poole can get hot and score points. But Wiggins is better at every other aspect of the game. Jordan Poole is basically playing that sixth man scorer role. Hes overhyped right now. Theres tons of guys like him in the league

Klay Thompson is solid. But he missed 2 full seasons of basketball. He is not his former self. He is no longer the klay Thompson you guys are thinking of
Green leads the Warriors in rebounds, assists, steals and blocks per game in the playoffs and is the straw that stirs their drink at both ends of the court. If you daid Wiggins was the better shooter, I would agree with you. You didn't.
is it really even necessary to mention someone is a better shooter than draymond though? kind of a no shit common sense type of moment
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

when I made the original comparison of poole to dinwiddie or clarkson, it was not an insult. both of those guys are valuable players on playoff teams. i was comparing the role they play on their respective teams.

I do think poole has a higher market value and more upside than either. his stats are better, but he also plays in golden states system that offers him a lot of freedom spacing and scoring opportunity.

anyways it was in regard to people who suggested wiggins might be the 4th or 5th best player on golden state and suggested poole might be ahead of him. poole is a nice scorer, but clarkson or dinwiddie are a lot better comparisons to him than a guy like wiggins. wiggins is leagues ahead of poole at this point
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

but comparing guys ppg doesnt really mean much. people read too much into stats. if you compared russell westbrooks stats to any point guard in the past decade, some people would try to argue he was the best point guard of the last decade. anyone with common sense knows that wasn't the case
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:13 pm

is it really even necessary to mention someone is a better shooter than draymond though? kind of a no shit common sense type of moment
The general point was that Green has been in my opinion a better overall player, when factoring in all contributions, than Wiggins this postseason.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:52 am

No doubt Wiggins has played great (or at least very good) defense on Luka but for everyone crediting Wiggins, they sure as heck better be appreciating Luka's greatness too.
I am 100 percent appreciating luka's greatness too. that is half my argument about wiggins progression. that he is able to make life tough for a guy like Luka. I think Luka is arguably the best offensive weapon in the NBA right now
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:25 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:13 pm
The general point was that Green has been in my opinion a better overall player, when factoring in all contributions, than Wiggins this postseason.
yep twocoach, if you read i said Draymond is the one argument I would take seriously. draymond is a really good overall player and glue guy. he is very valuable to the warriors. but his individual offensive skillset/shooting is so bad... wiggins has always been a far superior talent. but if you watch wiggins play, his defense, rebounding, and playmaking have progressed really really far since he came into the league. wiggins is more athletic than about anyone, a much better scorer than draymond (no comparison) and wiggins has really turned himself into a complete well rounded player. getting traded to the warriors was the best thing that ever happened to wiggins.

I think wiggins is easily a better overall player than draymond at this point. and one person I would give a lot of credit to far that is... draymond. lol. some people hate draymond but he is a hell of a leader that pushes his teammates and holds them accountable. I knew draymond would be good for wiggins
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:57 am
No.
Easily top 20.
Maybe as high as top 6?

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/statu ... 1488678912