Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

I figured Psych would come back, but not with a feminine nom de plume.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There's no quicker route to a civil war than a bunch of democrats removing a republican from ballots in states across the country. It's an awful precedence, and nothing I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why do you hate the Constitution?

seriously though, if the threat of violence is all you’ve got…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This was put into the constitution to keep the last group of insurrectionists out of power.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:48 pm There's no quicker route to a civil war than a bunch of democrats removing a republican from ballots in states across the country. It's an awful precedence, and nothing I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime
In your lifetime? Are you two and a half?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:48 pm There's no quicker route to a civil war than a bunch of democrats removing a republican from ballots in states across the country. It's an awful precedence, and nothing I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime
Is your position then that all someone has to do to avoid consequences for committing a crime is to become a Republican and declare for a candidacy to public office?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Whah!!! Cry me a river.

Seeing a cult-leader try to prevent the peaceful transfer of power for the first time in our nation's ~ 240 year history because he's too much of a pussy to admit he lost by whipping up his sore loser cult members is nothing we thought we'd ever see in our lifetimes, either.

Play insurrectionist games, win insurrectionist prizes.

Must be a natural-born citizen of the United States Check

Must be at least 35 years old Check

Must have been a resident of the United States for 14 years Check

Must not have attempted an insurrection Fail
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

zsn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:26 pm
Is your position then that all someone has to do to avoid consequences for committing a crime is to become a Republican and declare for a candidacy to public office?
Yep
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

And btw, it's precedent, not "precedence", Einstein.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:32 pm
Game, set, match
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:32 pm
i wonder how many immigrants have better mastery of the English language than our dear randal
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Trump said it best.
He loves the under-educated
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

For the record, because we all make mistakes when we post, it doesn't feel right to point it out when someone does because...glass houses. But, when that someone, Randy, isn't bashful about going all "I told you so" proclaiming his intellectual preeminence regularly on subjects about which he obviously knows little about, it can be hard to resist.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Alex Wagner looks at an exchange from 1866, highlighted in the ruling by the Colorado Supreme Court, between Senators Reverdy Johnson and Lot Morrill about whether the 14th Amendment they were drafting would apply to presidents and vice presidents. In sum, yes it does.

Original records leave no question that the 14th Amendment applies to Trump
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Friend,
State Supreme Court judges ALL appointed by Democrats just REMOVED my name from the 2024 ballot in Colorado.
The Soros-funded Democrats who incited the lawsuit will immediately use this tyrannical ruling to challenge us in the remaining 49 states.
Crooked Joe and the Democrats know they can’t beat us at the ballot box, so their new plan is to nullify every single “Trump ballot” in the nation to keep Biden in the White House.
Make no mistake: WE WILL APPEAL THIS DECISION IMMEDIATELY.
We will take this fight all the way to the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT.
Please make a contribution to join the fight to keep my name on the 2024 ballot and peacefully defend YOUR right to vote.
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>
CONTRIBUTE OTHER AMOUNT >>
I hope to God that Americans everywhere are waking up to what’s happening to our country.
A ruling party is attempting to amass total control over America by rigging the election against its leading opponent who happens to be a political outsider committed to defending the needs and interests of hardworking Americans.
This is how dictatorships are born.
I ran for President to be a voice, a defender, and a champion for the American people.
And that includes protecting YOUR right to vote.
I will not let left-wing judges STEAL the votes of a MAJORITYof Americans.
We will win this battle, we will win the 2024 election, and we will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
If you’re doing poorly due to the very corrupt Democrats who would rather try and eliminate my name from the ballot than actually lift a finger to help our country, then please do not donate at this time. I mean it!
Please make a contribution to help us FIGHT BACK against the Soros-funded attempts to remove my name from the ballot and rob you of your vote.
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump
45th President of the United States
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:51 am Friend,
State Supreme Court judges ALL appointed by Democrats just REMOVED my name from the 2024 ballot in Colorado.
The Soros-funded Democrats who incited the lawsuit will immediately use this tyrannical ruling to challenge us in the remaining 49 states.
Crooked Joe and the Democrats know they can’t beat us at the ballot box, so their new plan is to nullify every single “Trump ballot” in the nation to keep Biden in the White House.
Please make a contribution to join the fight to keep my name on the 2024 ballot and peacefully defend YOUR right to vote.
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>
I hope to God that Americans everywhere are waking up to what’s happening to our country.
A ruling party is attempting to amass total control over America by rigging the election against its leading opponent who happens to be a political outsider committed to defending the needs and interests of hardworking Americans.
I ran for President to be a voice, a defender, and a champion for the American people.
We will win this battle, we will win the 2024 election, and we will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
If you’re doing poorly due to the very corrupt Democrats who would rather try and eliminate my name from the ballot than actually lift a finger to help our country, then please do not donate at this time. I mean it!
Please make a contribution to help us FIGHT BACK against the Soros-funded attempts to remove my name from the ballot and rob you of your vote.
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump
It's just so weird that Soros keeps coming up. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh well, back to some light reading, really into the vintage stuff right now.

AFTER THE GOLD RUSH

Unfortunately for Donald and Ivana Trump, all that glittered wasn't gold. But the reign of New York's self-created imperial couple isn't over yet. Donald's Midas touch may be tarnished, but the banks are still throwing money at him, while Ivana is busy brokering a future of her own. MARIE BRENNER reports on how the Trumps are still going for it all

September 1990

https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/ ... bb9a104e0a
Donald Trump appears to take aspects of his German background seriously. John Walter works for the Trump Organization, and when he visits Donald in his office, Ivana told a friend, he clicks his heels and says, "Heil Hitler," possibly as a family joke.

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

"Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?" I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. "Who told you that?"

"I don't remember," I said.

"Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he's a Jew." ("I did give him a book about Hitler," Marty Davis said. "But it was My New Order, Hitler's speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish.")

Later, Trump returned to this subject. "If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

Is Ivana trying to convince her friends and lawyer that Trump is a crypto-Nazi? Trump is no reader or history buff. Perhaps his possession of Hitler's speeches merely indicates an interest in Hitler's genius at propaganda. The Führer often described his defeats at Stalingrad and in North Africa as great victories. Trump continues to endow his diminishing world with significance as well.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

"If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

i’m always amazed at how easily lying is for some…it’s like second nature
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:11 am "If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

i’m always amazed at how easily lying is for some…it’s like second nature
He has something like 5-10 template lies. This is one of them. He's said substantially the same thing about classified documents, whatever.

And what happens is it's a walkback.

I don't have the speeches.

I don't have the speeches anymore.

The speeches were a gift from a friend.

The speeches were a gift from a person I don't know.

I didn't read the speeches.

I stopped reading the speeches once I got to the offensive parts.

I don't believe in the offensive parts.

Well the offensive parts are offensive but maybe the underlying reasons are valid.

Well maybe the underlying reasons are not valid, but you can at least understand where he was coming from.

And on and on and on.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:51 am Friend,
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>
CONTRIBUTE $24 >>
CONTRIBUTE $47 >>
CONTRIBUTE $75 >>
CONTRIBUTE $100 >>
CONTRIBUTE $250 >>

Thank you,

Donald J. Trump
If Trump is really as rich as he claims to be why does he need the rubes’ money?