Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:34 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:31 pm watch Maple Jordan fuck around and get finals MVP
LOL

I know you’ve been busy watching oregon state baseball but steph curry had 34pts in game 1, 29pts game 2, 31pts game 3, and 43pts in game 4.

There are only 2 possible MVPs in this series. Curry or Tatum.
While I agree, there is more than just scoring points that makes a player valuable.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeyW1mVl ... MyMTA2M2Y=
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:31 pm watch Maple Jordan fuck around and get finals MVP
LOL

I know you’ve been busy watching oregon state baseball but steph curry had 34pts in game 1, 29pts game 2, 31pts game 3, and 43pts in game 4.

Andre Iguodala.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:29 am
LOL

Andre Iguodala.
Don't think Iggy is in the running this year.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:51 am

LOL

Andre Iguodala.
My point was he's the perfect example of a role player winning the award. Wiggins is having a better series than Iggy did in 2015. He won it mostly due to his "fantastic defense" on LeBron that series. The same series LeBron averaged like 35-13-9. Even Kawhi's first one with the Spurs was the same.

If Wiggins plays that defense again on Tatum, while also being the 2nd best offensive player, he's absolutely in the MVP conversation.
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:58 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:51 am

Andre Iguodala.
My point was he's the perfect example of a role player winning the award. Wiggins is having a better series than Iggy did in 2015. He won it mostly due to his "fantastic defense" on LeBron that series. The same series LeBron averaged like 35-13-9. Even Kawhi's first one with the Spurs was the same.

If Wiggins plays that defense again on Tatum, while also being the 2nd best offensive player, he's absolutely in the MVP conversation.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I understand your point.

Reasons why Wiggins won't win MVP this finals:

Curry put up historically good scoring numbers the first 4 games of this series.

Tatum isn't LeBron. LeBron probably deserved MVP in 2015 even though they lost.

Curry doesn't have a finals MVP. This shouldn't matter, but it will.

We probably agree Wiggins "should" be in the convo this year....I just don't think there is any chance it'll happen unless Curry gets hurt in game 6 and Wiggins has a huge game 7 to win the series without him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

All it takes is a narrative, and the narrative has already started amongst media members.

Possibly two more games left--there is absolutely a chance.

Prior to Game 5, Wiggs's odds to win Finals MVP was +10000. Today it is +1400. Still a longshot, but two games can drastically change things.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

But here's the real point:

Joel should have been MVP. And even if you stupidly disagree with that, he was clearly the only other real option.

Ochai made every First Team AA list there is.

KU wins a National Championship.

Wiggs is one of the biggest stories of the NBA Finals. Also one of 2 Jayhawk starters in the NBA AS Game.

Ochai gets a Green Room invite and KU has 1 or 2 First Round draft picks this summer.

Bill is undeniably the best active coach in CBB.

This is a huge moment/opportunity for KUBB and Self.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:25 pm All it takes is a narrative, and the narrative has already started amongst media members.

Prior to Game 5, Wiggs's odds to win Finals MVP was +10000. Today it is +1400. Still a longshot, but two games can drastically change things.
Curry is -320

Like I said, it'll take an injury.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:49 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:25 pm All it takes is a narrative, and the narrative has already started amongst media members.

Curry is -320

What if Game 6 (with Boston winning) and Game 7 (with GS winning) go exactly the same way and Curry goes ice cold while Wiggins is the best player on the floor again in both games?

There is a real, not-ridiculous path to Wiggins winning Finals MVP. Curry is still the favorite because he has literally never had a playoff game 0-fer in his career so the odds of two more happening are insanely small.

Frankly, I am just glad that Wiggins is playing so well that this is a discussion.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:29 pm But here's the real point:

Joel should have been MVP. And even if you stupidly disagree with that, he was clearly the only other real option.

Ochai made every First Team AA list there is.

KU wins a National Championship.

Wiggs is one of the biggest stories of the NBA Finals. Also one of 2 Jayhawk starters in the NBA AS Game.

Ochai gets a Green Room invite and KU has 1 or 2 First Round draft picks this summer.

Bill is undeniably the best active coach in CBB.

This is a huge moment/opportunity for KUBB and Self.
Yummy. I love all of this. And I fully agree that the next few years could really set up well for KU hoops if the stars align right. We just need to get through this NCAA violations process without getting hammered.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Curry is -320

You would think that after Och winning MOP we'd learn that these things are anything but objective.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wiggins proving me right. Can't beleive some of you tried to argue Jordan Poole was ahead of him. Wiggins is clearly the 2nd best player on golden state, and the gap is only getting bigger.

Just another example of a time randy was right. And a bunch of you tried to argue against the obvious anyways
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

does your back hurt from all the self-patting?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:41 pm Wiggins proving me right. Can't beleive some of you tried to argue Jordan Poole was ahead of him. Wiggins is clearly the 2nd best player on golden state, and the gap is only getting bigger.

Just another example of a time randy was right. And a bunch of you tried to argue against the obvious anyways
Who said Poole is "ahead of him"? Scoring and shooting wise, Poole is "ahead of him" but we all know there is more than just scoring and shooting that makes a player.
Heck, in this series - there is a legitimate argument Wiggins has been the best ALL-AROUND player on the Warriors - and not "clearly the 2nd best player".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:22 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:41 pm Wiggins proving me right. Can't beleive some of you tried to argue Jordan Poole was ahead of him. Wiggins is clearly the 2nd best player on golden state, and the gap is only getting bigger.

Who said Poole is "ahead of him"? Scoring and shooting wise, Poole is "ahead of him" but we all know there is more than just scoring and shooting that makes a player.
Heck, in this series - there is a legitimate argument Wiggins has been the best ALL-AROUND player on the Warriors - and not "clearly the 2nd best player".
Credit to Kerr for sure. Man is a great evaluator of talent.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Who let randy out of the cave?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Are you talking about when some of us mentioned that Wiggins was probably Golden State's 4th best player behind future Hall of Famers Curry and Klay Thompson and then also Draymond Green, who has won the NBA DPoY, multiple All NBA teams and 4 all star games?

But yes, I would agree with you that IF Wiggins kept playing like this consistently that he would be ranked higher than that. But people have been saying that "IF" about him his entire career. He has definitely been their 2nd bets player in this NBA Finals, though. I hope he is breaking through and that this is what we see from him consistently.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:15 pm Who let randy out of the UHaul?
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:13 pm

Curry is -320

What if Game 6 (with Boston winning) and Game 7 (with GS winning) go exactly the same way and Curry goes ice cold while Wiggins is the best player on the floor again in both games?

There is a real, not-ridiculous path to Wiggins winning Finals MVP. Curry is still the favorite because he has literally never had a playoff game 0-fer in his career so the odds of two more happening are insanely small.

Frankly, I am just glad that Wiggins is playing so well that this is a discussion.
Curry had 16pts 8ast and 3reb last night.

He does that again in game 6 and 7 then he will be MVP.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:44 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:15 pm Who let randy out of the UHaul?
haha, yep