Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:18 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:00 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:00 pm Everything that's happened with the political persecution of Donald Trump has exposed to the world that the US political system is rotten to the core.

It's third world shit we should have never allowed to happen

And everyone can clearly see it, except for democrat voters, blinded by their own political bias
Political persecution? Trump's actual politics isn't much different than any number of other GOP politicians. What he is being persecuted for is breaking the law.
Prosecuted. Not persecuted. He broke multiple laws. He’s facing multiple prosecutions.
Innocent typo, but important distinction.

Trump is being prosecuted, not persecuted. And no matter how many times he or his surrogates want to bleat to the contrary, the lion's share of the evidence is either documentary, or testimony from Rs themselves (including scores of Trump appointees).

It is a feature, not a bug, that the legal walls are closing in around a person who broke many laws in many jurisdictions.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

his legal problems are his legal problems.

they don't affect/effect my life or my holidays one iota.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:28 am

Political persecution? Trump's actual politics isn't much different than any number of other GOP politicians. What he is being persecuted for is breaking the law.
Prosecuted. Not persecuted. He broke multiple laws. He’s facing multiple prosecutions.

Trump is being prosecuted, not persecuted. And no matter how many times he or his surrogates want to bleat to the contrary, the lion's share of the evidence is either documentary, or testimony from Rs themselves (including scores of Trump appointees).

It is a feature, not a bug, that the legal walls are closing in around a person who broke many laws in many jurisdictions.
^^^

Plaintiffs in the Colorado insurrection case are GOP

Witnesses in Jack Smith’s case are GOP

Witnesses in Willis’s case are GOP

Witnesses before J6 panel are GOP

FBI Head who searched Mar-a-Lago is GOP

Judge who signed Mar-a-Lago search warrant is GOP

This is NOT a partisan witch hunt

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Innocent typo? Absolutely. However, it reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where the umpire says “Out” and Bugs says “Safe” and then slips in “Out” and then the umpire changes it to the opposite. Not unlike that they keep repeating persecuted and then we just start letting typos frame the discussion.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:31 am his legal problems are his legal problems.

Fortunately, this thread isn't about your personal life or your holiday.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:31 am his legal problems are his legal problems.

and?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hitler didn't affect anyone enough to keep him in jail. Then it all changed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:29 am

Innocent typo? Absolutely. However, it reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where the umpire says “Out” and Bugs says “Safe” and then slips in “Out” and then the umpire changes it to the opposite. Not unlike that they keep repeating persecuted and then we just start letting typos frame the discussion.
To be clear - I meant twocoach. I don't think twocoach intended to say Trump is being persecuted.

I think Trump and his surrogates very much intend to say Trump is being persecuted (which of course he is not).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You are doing a very good job demonstrating what "normalization" means.

Because even ten years ago, the idea of a sitting President (in his capacity as that, and as a candidate for President) calling a state's electors and asking them to break the law in furtherance of his election hopes (and promising them legal representation if charged) would be one of the, I don't know, handful of biggest scandals in the history of our national elections.

And we literally just called it Thursday.

And the ONLY reason for that is that the guy in question has routinely and shamelessly done literally hundreds of things that, but for all of his OTHER things, would have been singular scandals in our history.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:06 pm

You are doing a very good job demonstrating what "normalization" means.

Because even ten years ago, the idea of a sitting President (in his capacity as that, and as a candidate for President) calling a state's electors and asking them to break the law in furtherance of his election hopes (and promising them legal representation if charged) would be one of the, I don't know, handful of biggest scandals in the history of our national elections.

And we literally just called it Thursday.

And the ONLY reason for that is that the guy in question has routinely and shamelessly done literally hundreds of things that, but for all of his OTHER things, would have been singular scandals in our history.
Exactly.

It’s just like playing the “Press Virginia” games.

Foul constantly, and the refs simply stop calling fouls.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:59 pm

To be clear - I meant twocoach. I don't think twocoach intended to say Trump is being persecuted.

I think Trump and his surrogates very much intend to say Trump is being persecuted (which of course he is not).
It wasn't a typo. Maybe I should have put it in quotes. What he is being "persecuted" for is breaking the law.

Trump Humpers believe he is being persecuted for political reasons. What is happening to him is simply an application of the laws of our states and nation. He is not being persecuted whatsoever.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I watch a lot of MMA and I want to like Joe Rogan. Unfortunately, he's an asshole, and proud of it.

Joe Rogan accidentally HUMILIATES Trump on his own show
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:45 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:59 pm

It wasn't a typo. Maybe I should have put it in quotes. What he is being "persecuted" for is breaking the law.

Trump Humpers believe he is being persecuted for political reasons. What is happening to him is simply an application of the laws of our states and nation. He is not being persecuted whatsoever.
Yeah, "typo" wasn't the right word. I was just trying to say that YOU were not saying Trump was being "persecuted" in the way TRUMP says he is being "persecuted."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:29 pm I watch a lot of MMA and I want to like Joe Rogan. Unfortunately, he's an asshole, and proud of it.

It was fun watching Rogan back pedal
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:07 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:29 pm I watch a lot of MMA and I want to like Joe Rogan. Unfortunately, he's an asshole, and proud of it.

It was fun watching Rogan back pedal
Maybe.

But it’s also breathtakingly sad that the game is so transparently, hilariously, admittedly rigged, and yet.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, Rogan is all giddy that the bite showed Biden talking about airports in the Revolutionary War. How obviously senile he is. All “and people think THIS guy should lead our country!”

Then, when staff point out that the clip was Biden talking about the stupid thing Trump said, Rogan blows it off as no big deal, people make mistakes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:15 am Yeah, Rogan is all giddy that the bite showed Biden talking about airports in the Revolutionary War. How obviously senile he is. All “and people think THIS guy should lead our country!”

Then, when staff point out that the clip was Biden talking about the stupid thing Trump said, Rogan blows it off as no big deal, people make mistakes.
Or the silly little pads Trump was photographed standing on the other day, which appear to be there to ensure he doesn't tip over forward when in his usual (awkward) chubby-but-proud-falcon pose.

You do you, Don.

But if Biden did anything of the sort, Fox would interrupt coverage of a nuclear attack on Los Angeles to breathlessly declare Biden old and unfit.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:33 am
Overlander wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:15 am Yeah, Rogan is all giddy that the bite showed Biden talking about airports in the Revolutionary War. How obviously senile he is. All “and people think THIS guy should lead our country!”

Or the silly little pads Trump was photographed standing on the other day, which appear to be there to ensure he doesn't tip over forward when in his usual (awkward) chubby-but-proud-falcon pose.

You do you, Don.

But if Biden did anything of the sort, Fox would interrupt coverage of a nuclear attack on Los Angeles to breathlessly declare Biden old and unfit.
^^^, to both posts.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump's stinky adult diaper thing has leaked. I will leave it at that.