Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:52 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:44 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 pm You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
i did not know that law enforcement was harassing lawyers at starbucks. i'm sorry. i didn't know.
Please stop acting stupid.
It’s not an act
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:59 am
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am it makes me wonder what it must be like to live your whole life surrounded by law enforcement
if you are living your whole life surrounded by law enforcement, you may want to consider making some changes.
I was referring to being a kid. What is a kid supposed to do? Run away from home to get away from law enforcement at your school, driving down your street, etc. Sorry, but not all folx were allowed to have the generational wealth that allowed your white ass to go to college and live in the burbs. If you are a teenager, driving while black to work, you might encounter law enforcement pulling you over. You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
There is no chance that mich believes in white privilege.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:08 am Anyone have any recommended reading on how civil wars start and what one should do to prepare? I do not intend to defend myself with a gun so should I leave the country? Should I go down with a sinking ship? Stick up for my ideals? Fight with my voice? Just hope for the second coming? Or see what life is like as an immigrant? I feel like a sitting duck, but there are so many good places I could go and work and live if I leave now.
Costa Rica, DP

if i recall correctly, $80K in the bank is all you need to establish residency. if you’ve not been, the Pacific side is notably drier than the Caribbean side, and with farming and ranching…so, except for the topography, it’s basically Kansas ;)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:06 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:08 am Anyone have any recommended reading on how civil wars start and what one should do to prepare? I do not intend to defend myself with a gun so should I leave the country? Should I go down with a sinking ship? Stick up for my ideals? Fight with my voice? Just hope for the second coming? Or see what life is like as an immigrant? I feel like a sitting duck, but there are so many good places I could go and work and live if I leave now.
Costa Rica, DP

if i recall correctly, $80K in the bank is all you need to establish residency. if you’ve not been, the Pacific side is notably drier than the Caribbean side, and with farming and ranching…so, except for the topography, it’s basically Kansas ;)
I used to own 1/3 of a chicken farm in CR.

Seriously
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:52 pm I used to own 1/3 of a chicken farm in CR.

Seriously
me too. maybe we were partners.

small world.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Doubtful.

My partners are pretty smart
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:44 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:24 pm You might just be walking down the street and you might just fit the description even though you have a law degree and are outside a Starbucks in a nice suit.
i did not know that law enforcement was harassing lawyers at starbucks. i'm sorry. i didn't know.
I heard for shits and giggles conservative white Michiganders like to call the cops on the Black lawyers at Starbucks and accuse them of something they didn't do. True? False? Unsure?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I only call the cops on white people.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shooting at a hospital complex in Tulsa

at least 3 dead

‘murica
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:47 pm shooting at a hospital complex in Tulsa

at least 3 dead

‘murica
You planning on making posts for the multiple shootings in Chicago each week too?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Curiosity killed the cat.
Thread title says “mass” shootings. That’s usually defined as 4 or more. Often excludes familial killings, killings during other crimes (eg robberies), etc. Some mean it to be only killings (not just shootings).
There are threads for jokes. Say what you mean on this one.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:30 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:47 pm shooting at a hospital complex in Tulsa

at least 3 dead

‘murica
You planning on making posts for the multiple shootings in Chicago each week too?
I've never understood this line of thought. Someone posts about a mass shooting and the first response is always, "Whatabout Chicago?" Well, what about it? You think traddie is FOR shootings in Chicago? What is the point of this argument? I'm really curious. I think people should stop shooting each other no matter where they are, but I'm a hippie pacifist.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:09 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:30 pm

at least 3 dead

‘murica
I've never understood this line of thought. Someone posts about a mass shooting and the first response is always, "Whatabout Chicago?" Well, what about it? You think traddie is FOR shootings in Chicago? What is the point of this argument? I'm really curious. I think people should stop shooting each other no matter where they are, but I'm a hippie pacifist.
I don't think Trad (or anyone here) is "for" shootings in Chicago, or anywhere for that matter.

And it wasn't an "argument", it was a "question".

Not sure I've seen the "whatabout Chicago" posts around here everytime a mass shooting happens (I will keep an eye out for them though). But I have noticed they get far less national attention than when white people get shot. Which is sad.

Gun violence is gun violence. We need to work to reduce it. Not just in schools and white communities, but also in predominantly minority communities.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

little tucker, just asking questions

riiiiiiight…

:lol:
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Geography. If only we had someone from Illinois to stick up for Chicago peeps.
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:57 am Geography
Trad moved to Tulsa?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:05 pm I don't post here often but a lot more than just background checks need to happen.

Background checks mandatory, with a week or two waiting period, paid for with a tax on said gun.

Production of newer guns should halt. Any new gun should have zero semi auto/auto capabilities.
Bolt action. Double barrel or break action. Pump. That's it.
Newer guns should be built to prevent modifications - i.e. break the gun.
Max capacities of these guns should be 4 or 5.
No magazines or clips. You have to individually load each round.

Human beings hunted successfully with bows, spears, boomerangs, bolos.
You can manage with 4 shots from a rifle or shotgun.
I'd say the same thing for self defense - if you don't hit with your first one or two shots, you're probably in trouble anyways.

Buy back programs for guns that exist should be promoted. Give a reasonable x amount of years you have to return any gun that is deemed, on the list, as not one of the grandfathered in guns ( that are close to the gun modifications listed above ). After that time period, any gun not on the list is illegal, with seizure, fines and jail time depending on offense. Any modifications to a gun would face similar penalties.

No silly gun shows. Gun shops would have to be similar to ABC, a controlled centralized business with unified standards and practices.

If you reallly want to fire those more high powered weapons, there can be places you can fire them, renting them, on the premises, like a shooting range.

Either the drinking age should go down to 18 or the gun buying age should go up to 21.
( i'd prefer the latter, honestly, i'd prefer the option not listed above, drinking age to 18, gun buying to 21 ).

The 2nd Ammendment was intended for colonies/commonwealths/states that didn't have a standing army yet as a means to protect themselves. It was a new nation. Washington and the Federalists changed that in the mid 1790s when the Army was created to fight the Native Americans. If the States want to create militias, where people volunteer and train and have access to those weapons, much like joining the military but directly just for your state and not Federally bound in anyway, because they think/feel the State could rise against a tyrannical government, i'm in support of those members having access to the weaponry the National Armed Forces have ( though they would never get even close to the capabilities with pin point distance missiles, high speed jets, drones etc ).
Preach Biden.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I just checked Uncle Joe's "bullet" points, hard for any compassionate person to oppose this.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.