Who is the GOAT

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Who is the GOAT

Post by pdub »

Right.
Like Jankovich or Teahan should give it a try.
Unless you really hate music.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How about this scenario?
Jankovich and Teahan vs Jordan.
First to 20 points. 3 pointers allowed.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CNB - EXACTLY! I was thinking the same thing. Give Jordan a major incentive and that's a HUGE factor.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I was still pretty young during the bulls run, and even being from IL I was more of a soccer kid so I didn't know a lot of what I've learned with the new show coming out.

I still vote MJ as the GOAT over Lebron.

But it's interesting to learn of details surrounding his time with the Bulls and then think of how many of the MJ guys hate Lebron for being a "GM" and bad teammate and selfish and self aborbed.

Sort of snowballing from that, it makes me wonder if Lebron knew of MJs issues with Krause and if that didn't play a role in over time him becoming very vocal and involved in roster decisions. Maybe MJ gave him some advice about trusting GMs/Owners?

I had no idea Krause ended the bulls dynasty in that fashion by forcing out Phil/etc. Great documentary so far!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Oh, great....you're back.

So, what do the next 2 weeks look like for you here?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm I was still pretty young during the bulls run, and even being from IL I was more of a soccer kid so I didn't know a lot of what I've learned with the new show coming out.

But it's interesting to learn of details surrounding his time with the Bulls and then think of how many of the MJ guys hate Lebron for being a "GM" and bad teammate and selfish and self aborbed.

Sort of snowballing from that, it makes me wonder if Lebron knew of MJs issues with Krause and if that didn't play a role in over time him becoming very vocal and involved in roster decisions. Maybe MJ gave him some advice about trusting GMs/Owners?

I had no idea Krause ended the bulls dynasty in that fashion by forcing out Phil/etc. Great documentary so far!

And you call yourself a basketball fan.....
Deleted User 310

Cascadia wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm I was still pretty young during the bulls run, and even being from IL I was more of a soccer kid so I didn't know a lot of what I've learned with the new show coming out.

And you call yourself a basketball fan.....
I know. Shame on me....but I wasn't even a teenager when that happened. And frankly when I was younger I really only paid attention to Kansas basketball. More of a soccer/golf kid at that time. As I got older I started following the NBA more and more due to following the Jayhawk players I loved. Now I prefer the NBA over any non Kansas college basketball game.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 pm Oh, great....you're back.

1500 posts where he expresses maybe a total of 7 different thoughts and the other 1493 spent repeating stuff in an argument no one else is participating in.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:31 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 pm Oh, great....you're back.

1500 posts where he expresses maybe a total of 7 different thoughts and the other 1493 spent repeating stuff in an argument no one else is participating in.
Content
Deleted User 310

Strange results

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YvtUSBmHs ... vz3orqko3a

If we did it like the electoral college system would LeBron be president GOAT (since he's got California/Florida/Texas)?
Deleted User 289

I'm not sure what you would find strange about it other than the source/s they used to compile it - "Geotagged Twitter Data"?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

there was a bit in the doc that I think adds a lot to the goat talks:

that MJ was just relentless. Night after night, he was going balls to the wall. Just in case someone in the gym had never seen him play before, he wasn't gonna mail it in. Trying to humiliate you every play.

Lebron's got his own argument too, but when it comes down to it, he just hasn't consistently exhibited the same killer instinct, at least/especially earlier in his career. MJ's competitiveness would overwhelm Lebron.

but I would still take Wilt, cuz he's the GOAT when it comes to stats that matter the most

Deleted User 289

KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

For me, Wilt is the GOAT, and Jordan is the non-center GOAT; anytime you have to change the rules to accommodate how superior they were, puts them in a different category, imo.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 pm CnB sweet avatar bro
Haven't felt anyone was avatar-worthy for past handful of years.

Enter John Michael Wozniak. The only person to take MJ GOAT down in his prime.

Deleted User 289

May he rest in peace.
Deleted User 289

A few people I know have posted this in the past few days.

Today I felt the desire to respond to one of those people. This was what I said........

Hey Danny - Hope all is well! I'm someone who would take MJ over LeBron but.....The "meme" is misleading. First off, Jordan never had a best of 7 game series in his opening playoff series. They were best of 5. If I am not mistaken, he played in three 7 game playoff series in his Bulls career. They lost to the Pistons in the 90 conference finals, They beat the Knicks in 92 in the conference semis, and they beat the Pacers in the 98 conference finals. So.... He knows what a Game 7 is. Pippen played in another game 7 without MJ - and lost. One thing to note is that people fail to remember that MJ was 1-9 in his first 10 playoff games. I was a Bulls fan who was not too happy about it.
Deleted User 310

Ya. The playoff thing is a bit distorted. To me, losing in the finals is a better accomplishment than losing in the conference semifinals.

Also, I never realized due to my age, that for almost half of MJs career he was thought of as a scorer who can't lead a team to a championship.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The NBA was carefully tailored to MJ like a TV series. He was acrobatic in the paint, but didn’t have Durant’s range consistently, for example. My memory of the MJ era is a lot of ugly defenses. Wilt modernized the game.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:15 am A few people I know have posted this in the past few days.

Today I felt the desire to respond to one of those people. This was what I said........

Hey Danny - Hope all is well! I'm someone who would take MJ over LeBron but.....The "meme" is misleading. First off, Jordan never had a best of 7 game series in his opening playoff series. They were best of 5. If I am not mistaken, he played in three 7 game playoff series in his Bulls career. They lost to the Pistons in the 90 conference finals, They beat the Knicks in 92 in the conference semis, and they beat the Pacers in the 98 conference finals. So.... He knows what a Game 7 is. Pippen played in another game 7 without MJ - and lost. One thing to note is that people fail to remember that MJ was 1-9 in his first 10 playoff games. I was a Bulls fan who was not too happy about it.
Bat shit crazy