NBA 2020/2021

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: NBA 2020/2021

Post by ousdahl »

And man, with the TV busted, the only thing I really miss right now is the playoffs.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:36 am The grizz aren't going to win the series against the Jazz, but the others look dicey for the favorites.
Mavs up 2-0 on the Clippers. Obviously a long way to go, but should they win that series one would think they would give the Jazz fits.

Mavs are just a fun team to watch. Lots of Luka, but they do share the ball quite well. Hardaway Jr. has really come on as a #2 scorer this year.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Did David get called for a foul on that?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno. I didn’t watch. Like I said, TV’s busted
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:53 am
Yes. He got a flagrant foul on it.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:23 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:53 am
Yes. He got a flagrant foul on it.
The bad joke is he didn't initially get called for a flagrant foul and Crowder got called for a foul - and then the refs did NOT take away the foul on Crowder.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Russ looses and gets popcorn poured on him. Tough day at the office.
Deleted User 880

pdub wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:50 pm Russ looses and gets popcorn poured on him. Tough day at the office.
You forgot to mention he got injured too.

I would have liked to have seen him go in the stands and destroy the fan - but I'm selfish like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPXAi7AAgNs/?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol, it’s fucking popcorn. What a snowflake
Deleted User 880

Cascadia wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 pm lol, it’s fucking popcorn. What a snowflake
You're not a dumb man - but you often make ignorant comments.
Let me break it down for you.
It wasn't about popcorn.
Russ was busting his ass trying to win a playoff game. His team was losing. He got injured and had to leave the court. He was pissed off because he's someone who gives a fuck about winning.
Then some asshole felt the need to get under his skin and throw/dump something on his head.
He reacted. As would most people in that same exact situation.
It figures you would find more fault in Westbrook than the fan being that you're someone who takes pride in being an asshole.
Hey - have a nice rest of your evening!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He put himself here though.
He seems to relish the role of villain.
Do I think he deserves popcorn thrown on his head? Of course not.
Do I think there are reasons hes targeted over 98 percent of the nba?
Yes.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MJ23 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:04 pm
Cascadia wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:56 pm lol, it’s fucking popcorn. What a snowflake
It wasn't about popcorn.
Russ was busting his ass trying to win a playoff game. His team was losing. He got injured and had to leave the court. He was pissed off because he's someone who gives a fuck about winning.
Then some asshole felt the need to get under his skin and throw/dump something on his head.
It figures you would find more fault in Westbrook than the fan being that you're someone who takes pride in being an asshole.
So, no pills today, huh?
Deleted User 880

Cascadia wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:14 pm
It wasn't about popcorn.
So, no pills today, huh?
No pills today - but my brother in law who is dying in the hospital made hospice plans with my sister this afternoon.
So I have that going for me right now.
But hey, you being the person that you are, I'm sure you have some condescending comment and/or are going to accuse me of lying.
Deleted User 880

On a lighter note....

Heck of a block by Gobert

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 1800820742
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MJ23 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Cascadia wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:14 pm

It wasn't about popcorn.
So, no pills today, huh?
No pills today - but my brother in law who is dying in the hospital made hospice plans with my sister this afternoon.
So I have that going for me right now.
But hey, you being the person that you are, I'm sure you have some condescending comment and/or are going to accuse me of lying.
You would probably be more helpful to your sister if you took your meds
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Fans like that are fucking obnoxious. Just leave the players alone. Dumping food on players and spitting on players should get you a lifetime ban from all NBA arenas.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would think it does currently.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If I walked up to you at work and poured a big glass of water over your head would you say "it's just water" or would you have a more.... aggressive response?
Deleted User 880

Seems there are two strong reactions from people.
1. It was just popcorn.
True. It was "just" popcorn that was thrown/dumped on him.
2. It was fucking bullshit.
If we wanted to go to an extreme we could say the fan assaulted Westbrook.

As I explained last night, to me, it's not just popcorn that was the issue and I choose to take the entire situation in to context.

If someone dumped popcorn on my head while I was sitting at my desk joking around with my co-workers - I probably wouldn't be too upset.
If they did it to purposely piss me off while I was in the middle of a very important situation that I was struggling with - then my guess is they would at least get a what the fuck and an evil eye from me.
My hope is I could somewhat keep my composure and I wouldn't and punch them in the face - but who knows? Like I said, I wouldn't be happy and they would probably get an angry response.

We can all say if it happened to you/me this is how you/I would have responded but it wasn't us.
It was Russell Westbrook in a situation none of us have ever been in.

P.S. As far as what happened to and the punishment for the fan,
The NBA Fan Code of Conduct clearly states.....
Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court will be immediately ejected from the arena...............

Guests who choose not to adhere to this Code of Conduct will be subject to penalty including, but not limited to, ejection without refund, revocation of their season tickets, and/or prevention from attending future games. They may also be in violation of local ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.

My guess is the fan is identified and exposed today - and it won't be pretty for him.