Another Stimulus Check?

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: Another Stimulus Check?

Post by Walrus »

It's better to have one of the parents stay home so you can save money and not put your children in daycare.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'm the douche? I'm not the one who makes threads specifically about other forum members just in hopes to mock them. Maybe looking the mirror might not be such a bad idea.

Daycares are disgusting, virus-spreading, and my wife and I agree that parents who dump their kids in them probably didn't want kids to begin with. They are also expensive and you'll likely be better off if one of you works while the other takes care of your little one.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Both of my kids did time in daycare. Probably did them more good than harm. They formed life long friendships, learned to interact socially, and probably built up some strong immunity.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 pm It's better to have one of the parents stay home so you can save money and not put your children in daycare.
Is that you speaking? Or Jordan Peterson?

Kinda hard to tell.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Walrus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:52 pm I'm the douche? I'm not the one who makes threads specifically about other forum members just in hopes to mock them. Maybe looking the mirror might not be such a bad idea.

Daycares are disgusting, virus-spreading, and my wife and I agree that parents who dump their kids in them probably didn't want kids to begin with. They are also expensive and you'll likely be better off if one of you works while the other takes care of your little one.
Yes, you're being a complete douche.

Daycares are disgusting - Really? How so? What specific daycare/s are you speaking of?
I assume some are but your generalization implies ALL daycares are disgusting. That's simply not true. Right?

They are virus spreading? Ok, but how much more compared to let's say a Kindergarten classroom? Or many other places where children congregate.

You and your wife agree? Why should/would anyone on here care about what you and your wife agree and disagree about? Well, I guess maybe I do care because I feel for you to say that anyone who "dump their kids in them probably didn't want kids to begin with" proves to me and I am sure most others on here - that you and your wife are fucking morons and assholes if you truly believe that.

They are also expensive? I'm sure many are but how does that impact YOU? Aren't you the guy who had 80K cash and boasted about how much money you made/make during a crisis/pandemic?

I live in a building that has a daycare center. The majority of the kids in the daycare center have parents who work for/at Northwestern Hospital. I have to walk by the center every day when I leave and enter my building. I know 3 people who currently have kids in the day care center. Pre-covid I have been inside the daycare center.
A) It's hardly "disgusting".
B) My guess is there are no more viruses being spread in that daycare center than there are in any other "communal" facility that those kids go to. Probably less in some degrees/aspects due to proper "protocols" that are put in place.
To the best of my knowledge, the daycare center was never closed down during the "pandemic". Hmmm. That's more than can be said for many other places where kids congregate. Right?
C) The 3 people I know who have kids in the daycare center in my building (and many who I know that have kids in other day care centers) are thrilled they have kids, love their kids very much, and are excellent parents.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, we wouldn't be able to keep that extra money we make if we had to waste it on expenses. One of the keys to keeping wealth is not wasting it.

I personally would not put my children in daycare. I've seen some of the kids that are in them in LA and a lot of these kids come from families with horrible, abusive parents. The kids act out in ways that are not normal and the daycare has no choice but to accept them.

It's best to avoid the situation where one would have to use a daycare. Find a good man, keep him, find a good woman, stay with her, etc. So many people are not finding good partners and that is a whole other long issue in itself. Feminism is also contributing to women divorcing more often, etc. It's a mess.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:10 pm Well, we wouldn't be able to keep that extra money we make if we had to waste it on expenses. One of the keys to keeping wealth is not wasting it.

I personally would not put my children in daycare. I've seen some of the kids that are in them in LA and a lot of these kids come from families with horrible, abusive parents. The kids act out in ways that are not normal and the daycare has no choice but to accept them.

It's best to avoid the situation where one would have to use a daycare. Find a good man, keep him, find a good woman, stay with her, etc. So many people are not finding good partners and that is a whole other long issue in itself. Feminism is also contributing to women divorcing more often, etc. It's a mess.
Lobster schooling us about "wealth" is fucking hilarious.

Oh and "Find a good man, keep him, find a good woman, stay with her, etc. So many people are not finding good partners and that is a whole other long issue in itself. Feminism is also contributing to women divorcing more often, etc." might just be the douchiest thing ever written on a message board.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Walrus wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:10 pm Well, we wouldn't be able to keep that extra money we make if we had to waste it on expenses. One of the keys to keeping wealth is not wasting it.

:?
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Walrus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:52 pm I'm the douche? I'm not the one who makes threads specifically about other forum members just in hopes to mock them. Maybe looking the mirror might not be such a bad idea.

;)
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

You're still married now, but, noting current divorce trends, your marriage could end by 2022 or sooner.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Okay, that was funny. :lol:
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm
japhy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:35 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:58 pm Just hypothetically here -

What if the unemployment benefits are rescinded, and there’s still lots of positions left vacant?

Who are job creators gonna blame then?
The only ones crying are the ones who need workers at welfare wages and w/o benefits to make their company profitable.
That has been my experience as well.

Most places i am seeing are not having issues getting people to return to work.

The ones in my city vocally complaining can probably look right down the street to a competitors business who pays better wages and is fully staffed.
I think people will start going back to those low wage jobs once mask mandates go away. No one wants to work minimum wage jobs AND get yelled at by covidiots while trying to enforce company policies on masks. Fuck that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MJ23 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:36 am

Daycares are disgusting - Really? How so? What specific daycare/s are you speaking of?
I assume some are but your generalization implies ALL daycares are disgusting. That's simply not true. Right?

They are virus spreading? Ok, but how much more compared to let's say a Kindergarten classroom? Or many other places where children congregate.

You and your wife agree? Why should/would anyone on here care about what you and your wife agree and disagree about? Well, I guess maybe I do care because I feel for you to say that anyone who "dump their kids in them probably didn't want kids to begin with" proves to me and I am sure most others on here - that you and your wife are fucking morons and assholes if you truly believe that.

They are also expensive? I'm sure many are but how does that impact YOU? Aren't you the guy who had 80K cash and boasted about how much money you made/make during a crisis/pandemic?

I live in a building that has a daycare center. The majority of the kids in the daycare center have parents who work for/at Northwestern Hospital. I have to walk by the center every day when I leave and enter my building. I know 3 people who currently have kids in the day care center. Pre-covid I have been inside the daycare center.
B) My guess is there are no more viruses being spread in that daycare center than there are in any other "communal" facility that those kids go to. Probably less in some degrees/aspects due to proper "protocols" that are put in place.
To the best of my knowledge, the daycare center was never closed down during the "pandemic". Hmmm. That's more than can be said for many other places where kids congregate. Right?
C) The 3 people I know who have kids in the daycare center in my building (and many who I know that have kids in other day care centers) are thrilled they have kids, love their kids very much, and are excellent parents.
When we had our first baby, a local day care run through a nearby church offered a "Mom's Day Out" program for a while where you drop off your kid for a few hours and run errands/do stuff that was hard to do with a baby in tow. My wife saw the sign one day and wanted to try it out so she could get her hair done. We used it three times and our baby came home ill two of the three times. Once was some sort of rotavirus that she passed to me. I didn't eat solid food for 12 days and lost 15 pounds at a time I didn't have 15 to give. The other was Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm
japhy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:35 pm

The only ones crying are the ones who need workers at welfare wages and w/o benefits to make their company profitable.

The ones in my city vocally complaining can probably look right down the street to a competitors business who pays better wages and is fully staffed.
I think people will start going back to those low wage jobs once mask mandates go away. No one wants to work minimum wage jobs AND get yelled at by covidiots while trying to enforce company policies on masks. Fuck that.
add to that the possible health implications, since most of those jobs don’t provide healthcare
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:32 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm

add to that the possible health implications, since most of those jobs don’t provide healthcare
Agreed. There may be some people who previously would work in one of these jobs that now need to go find a job that has healthcare benefits because they contracted covid and have lingering health issues that require treatments or medications they cannot afford on their own.
Deleted User 880

twocoach wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:07 pm
MJ23 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:36 am

When we had our first baby, a local day care run through a nearby church offered a "Mom's Day Out" program for a while where you drop off your kid for a few hours and run errands/do stuff that was hard to do with a baby in tow. My wife saw the sign one day and wanted to try it out so she could get her hair done. We used it three times and our baby came home ill two of the three times. Once was some sort of rotavirus that she passed to me. I didn't eat solid food for 12 days and lost 15 pounds at a time I didn't have 15 to give. The other was Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.
I'm truly sorry to hear/read that!
I have no doubt that there are many things that are "spread" in day care centers.
Just as I also have no doubt that your child (and/or any child) could contract something on a playground, in a pool, at the grocery store, in an elevator, at a restaurant, etc., etc., etc.
I admit my ignorance and perhaps you can help me. Why is a day care center more of a germ cesspool than let's say a Kindergarten or 1st grade classroom?

For a couple of years I spent two hours one or two days a week "mentoring" kids at the Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago. The kids ranged from 1st grade to 8th grade. We were in both classrooms and "playrooms".
Thankfully I (nor any of the kids to the best of my knowledge) never contracted anything other than maybe a common cold. Seems perhaps that was an anomaly and I should just consider myself fortunate.
Deleted User 880

Respectful response.....
"Waste it on expenses"? We all have expenses. I think you may have meant unnecessary expenses.
Indeed, one of the keys to keeping wealth is not to waste it but what do we choose to consider "wasting" or not "wasting"?
Do you "waste" money on nice meals when you can eat cheaper?
Do you "waste" money on clothes that you could buy cheaper?
Do you "waste" money on cars, vacations, homes, that you could buy cheaper?

I have no issue with you or anyone else being reluctant (or refusing) to send your kids to daycare. For some, they are a Godsend. For others, they are shitholes that they would never let their kids step foot in. I get that. What I don't get is the generalization/s.

You said, "I've seen some of the kids that are in them in LA and a lot of these kids come from families with horrible, abusive parents. The kids act out in ways that are not normal and the daycare has no choice but to accept them".
I'm sure you're right and that's a perfect reason for your reluctance.
My response is that I have seen kids in the daycare center in my building - and I know other kids who are in daycare and they come from families with wonderful, loving parents. The kids may act out (as kids do for various reasons) but to watch the kids in my building who come from many races, religions, nationalities, and different economic conditions, holding hands (pre-covid) and partnering up while smiling and singing is one of the most heartwarming things I witness.

You said, "It's best to avoid the situation where one would have to use a daycare. Find a good man, keep him, find a good woman, stay with her, etc. So many people are not finding good partners and that is a whole other long issue in itself. Feminism is also contributing to women divorcing more often, etc. It's a mess".
My short response is for YOU (and many others) but not EVERYONE it may be best to avoid using daycare. In terms of finding a good man or woman and keeping and staying with them, that's great but not everyone does - and some/many who do - still send their kids to daycare.