Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by randylahey »

My next controversial opinion. I think KD is the goat. I think his combination of size athleticism and skillset is the best basketball has seen so far. Hes basically a 7 foot kobe

But his resume probably isn't even top 30. He had a couple injuries. He wasted all his youth in okc playing with westbrook, one of the worst shooting and most turnover prone point guards in league history. Durant was maligned for going to already established golden state, even though he got 2 finals mvps out of it. And a horrible injury. Then he made a horrible business decision to go play with kyrie
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am a KD fan, but….no
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:10 am My next controversial opinion. I think KD is the goat. I think his combination of size athleticism and skillset is the best basketball has seen so far. Hes basically a 7 foot kobe

But his resume probably isn't even top 30. He had a couple injuries. He wasted all his youth in okc playing with westbrook, one of the worst shooting and most turnover prone point guards in league history. Durant was maligned for going to already established golden state, even though he got 2 finals mvps out of it. And a horrible injury. Then he made a horrible business decision to go play with kyrie
He's a unicorn for sure, but not a goat.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:10 am My next controversial opinion. I think KD is the goat. I think his combination of size athleticism and skillset is the best basketball has seen so far. Hes basically a 7 foot kobe

name one player with a better combination of size and skill
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hes certainly competing with Bron for Goat whiny bitch. Ill give ya that.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:33 pm

If we don't have to balance size and skill how bout:
Embiid?
Wilt?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 pm
If we don't have to balance size and skill how bout:
Embiid?
Wilt?
embiids skillset at his size are certainly unbeleivably. i really hope 76ers can figure out how to put the right players around him. so far they have done just an absolutely horrible job building a team around him

76ers biggest fuck ups were
1) BEN SIMMONS SAGA. and what they paid him

(Huge gap)

2) Tobias Harris. He is a decent player they just overpaid him with a huge contract.
3) Maybe Al Horford. I like him. great player I thought he would be a really good veteran influence on Embiid. But Embiid just didn't fit very well next to another center especially since they paired Embiid and Horford with a perimeter who's weakness was shooting. Dumb
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But if embiid can become a little more efficient and maybe get some playoff success, sure lets thrown him into the goat conversation. his resume is garbage, he does not have the accolades. injuries have a lot to do with that too. but for how huge he is, how athletically gifted for that size, and to have his skillset. its pretty unbeleivably

guys embiid's size and athleticism don't come around very often. you literally have to compare him to someone built like wilt or shaq. but none of them had anything close to embiids skillset
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Embiid is another unicorn. Maybe highest peak performance center ever. But lack of playoff success and total number of games played hurts his chances at getting into top 10-15 players ever at this point.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Wilt Chamberlain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 am Embiid is another unicorn. Maybe highest peak performance center ever. But lack of playoff success and total number of games played hurts his chances at getting into top 10-15 players ever at this point.
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 50 and 25 one year and 12 of his games were against prime Bill Russell. Please stop.
Deleted User 863

LOL
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:12 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 am Embiid is another unicorn. Maybe highest peak performance center ever. But lack of playoff success and total number of games played hurts his chances at getting into top 10-15 players ever at this point.
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 50 and 25 one year and 12 of his games were against prime Bill Russell. Please stop.
49 wins 31 losses that year for Wilt.

Attempted 39 shots per game.

Lost 8 of 12 games to Boston.

Embiid is better at basketball than Wilt.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wilt was a better athlete.
And Wilt is far better than the putback layup that some people think of him.
He could work the backboard from distance.

All that said, I do think Embiid is more skilled of a player overall, yes. But Wilts athleticism probably makes up for that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

People have lost their minds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wilt was dominant in his era. Probably the most dominant statistically any center has been. But was he more skilled? Absolutely not
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:16 am Wilt was dominant in his era. Probably the most dominant statistically any center has been. But was he more skilled? Absolutely not
And it's not particularly close judging by the videos I have seen.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:40 pm People have lost their minds.
Consider who you’re talking to.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"Skilled". What EXACTLY does that mean?
Ok, I can give you that Wilt wasn't a better outside shooter nor was he a better FT shooter but please tell me what else Wilt was inferior to Joel in regards to.
To me, Wilt was a better inside shooter, a better rebounder, a better passer, and a better defender.
But what the f do I know - that you guys and girls don't. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.