Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm
Not being a polished public speaker isnt the same as "clearly having cognitive issues".

I know that the University of Google is an excellent medical school and all but maybe we can all hold off on assuming that we can tell what's going on with people based solely on watching them on tv.
I'm someone who understands and is sympathetic that people who have had issues with stuttering also have a difficult time communicating their thoughts.

Still, not being a polished public speaker doesn't really excuse forgetting what day of the week Super Tuesday falls on, what office you're running for, etc., etc., etc.

Let me ask you this. Why do you feel Biden's advisers have cut down on his public speaking engagements?
Would you say it's more about them feeling his not being a polished public speaker may hurt him or because his "senior moments" are legitimately frightening?
Probably because people like you make assumptions like you're making.
lulz@choo
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm
Not being a polished public speaker isnt the same as "clearly having cognitive issues".

I know that the University of Google is an excellent medical school and all but maybe we can all hold off on assuming that we can tell what's going on with people based solely on watching them on tv.
I'm someone who understands and is sympathetic that people who have had issues with stuttering also have a difficult time communicating their thoughts.

Still, not being a polished public speaker doesn't really excuse forgetting what day of the week Super Tuesday falls on, what office you're running for, etc., etc., etc.

Let me ask you this. Why do you feel Biden's advisers have cut down on his public speaking engagements?
Would you say it's more about them feeling his not being a polished public speaker may hurt him or because his "senior moments" are legitimately frightening?
Probably because people like you make assumptions like you're making.
You very well may be right.
While I am far from perfect with my assumptions, more often than not I find my assumptions to be accurate. I'm just sayin'.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Deleted User 289

I have two cell phones.
One is "multi purpose" that I have my work email, a shit load of apps, and all sorts of other stuff, and I have one phone that I call my "personal" phone that is strictly used only for family and very close friends who I give my phone number to.
I get repeated text messages from Bernie's people addressing me by my first name on my PERSONAL phone. I respond - please stop and please take me off your list or Bernie will NOT get my vote.
Does me no good. I continue to get texts - sometimes more than once a day. Fuck 'em!
Almost makes me think they are from Joe's or even Donald's people because they have to realize they are harassing me.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:45 am I have two cell phones.
One is "multi purpose" that I have my work email, a shit load of apps, and all sorts of other stuff, and I have one phone that I call my "personal" phone that is strictly used only for family and very close friends who I give my phone number to.
I get repeated text messages from Bernie's people addressing me by my first name on my PERSONAL phone. I respond - please stop and please take me off your list or Bernie will NOT get my vote.
Does me no good. I continue to get texts - sometimes more than once a day. Fuck 'em!
Almost makes me think they are from Joe's or even Donald's people because they have to realize they are harassing me.
I used to get the same. I would reply telling them to screw off and would get a response like, “OK, sure. We’ll keep you on our list.” I had to block the numbers.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

oh, the tragedy
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

And trump called it the flu
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:44 pm oh, the tragedy
I know, right?

Lobster = Bernie

"gO tO yOuTuBE!"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

O, to have a candidate under 700 years old...sigh
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I have to say that I'm impressed by both of them, especially Joe. Admittedly, the bar was kinda low.

Can't decide if, after the Nevada primary, they started giving Joe testosterone, steroids, or both.

j/k
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Here is a bold prediction. Mike and not Donald will be the Republican Candidate in November.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's not wrong. It is SARS. Covid-19 is the disease. SARS-cov-2 is the virus.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:05 pm Image
Might want to pick more of a swing state candidate... Arizona may already be solid blue

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6807.html
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:37 pm
That's not wrong.
Yes it is.

And you know better.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 pm
That's not wrong.
Yes it is.

And you know better.
Whatever it is I'm sure you're right.
Jesus
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm
That's not wrong.
Yes it is.

And you know better.
Whatever it is I'm sure you're right.
Jesus
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's not wrong.
Yes it is.

And you know better.
I don't. Technically it is a form of SARS.

Not quite sure why you're arguing that. I was talking with the Mrs about this earlier today - not calling it SARS I assume is to not cause false sense of security by those who remember the previous version's outbreak not amounting to the fear it caused.