Re: who ya got?

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:09 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 pm
Mjl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:37 pm
That's not wrong.
Yes it is.

And you know better.
I don't. Technically it is a form of SARS.

Not quite sure why you're arguing that. I was talking with the Mrs about this earlier today - not calling it SARS I assume is to not cause false sense of security by those who remember the previous version's outbreak not amounting to the fear it caused.
They are both forms of the Coronavirus, but I doubt he was making that distinction.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:09 pm Technically it is a form of SARS.
You sure, technically?

Because as far as I can tell, the WHO specifically differentiated the name of the disease from the causative virus so as to spare us just this confusion.

But again, you knew that.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Yes it is.

And you know better.

Not quite sure why you're arguing that. I was talking with the Mrs about this earlier today - not calling it SARS I assume is to not cause false sense of security by those who remember the previous version's outbreak not amounting to the fear it caused.
They are both forms of the Coronavirus, but I doubt he was making that distinction.
And both are, in ICTV terms, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-RELATED coronaviruses. But the DISEASE SARS and the DISEASE COVID-19 are two different things, as per the WHO.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 pm

And both are, in ICTV terms, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-RELATED coronaviruses. But the DISEASE SARS and the DISEASE COVID-19 are two different things, as per the WHO.
Agreed.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Illinois Primary today.
At the moment I have decided I am NOT going to vote. Not that I am afraid to, I just don't have a desire to.
If I were to vote, Joe would get my vote.
I'll vote in November. That's assuming we have an election in November and I am still alive - and Joe and Donald are too.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Fortunately, Illinois doesn't need voters to have an election.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:28 am Fortunately, Illinois doesn't need living voters to have an election.
FYP
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:28 am Fortunately, Illinois doesn't need voters to have an election.
True.
I broke down and voted. Figured others needed my vote besides Joe.
My mother was very upset when I told her I wasn't going to vote so I appeased her. She basically demanded I don't vote for Kim Foxx. I laughed.
Unfortunately not only was there not "social distancing" at my polling place but the elderly woman in front of me was in/on a scooter and she clearly pissed and shit herself. It was so bad I gaged and ran outside to get fresh air.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:28 am Fortunately, Illinois doesn't need voters to have an election.
True.
My mother was very upset when I told her I wasn't going to vote so I appeased her. She basically demanded I don't vote for Kim Foxx. I laughed.
Unfortunately not only was there not "social distancing" at my polling place but the elderly woman in front of me was in/on a scooter and she clearly pissed and shit herself. It was so bad I gaged and ran outside to get fresh air.
You're sure it wasn't chiknbut in drag?
Anand Giridharadas
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Feral wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:49 pm
True.
You're sure it wasn't chiknbut in drag?
You promised not to tell - BITCH!
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

True.
Cook County State's Attorney has to be the worst fucking job in politics.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Biden looks like he's doing a dry-run of a speech.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...it turns out that praising the Castros and using a bunch of BDSers as surrogates doesn't play well in Florida.

Who knew?
Deleted User 289

chiknbut wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:27 pm
True.
Well, Kimmy was re-elected so the job is all her's.
Will be interesting to see what she can do to top this in terms of making herself relevant on a national level.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... probe.html
Deleted User 289

Bernie dropping out within the next 48 hours. Book it.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Grandma wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:14 am
chiknbut wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:27 pm

True.
Well, Kimmy was re-elected so the job is all her's.
Will be interesting to see what she can do to top this in terms of making herself relevant on a national level.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... probe.html
The Smollett case and her response threatened her career, but it doesn't really explain what a shitty job she has.

How about the kids who grab arm fulls of Canada Goose coats and head for the exits because they know if they're caught the worst they're going to get is court supervision?

These little bastards know that there's a good chance that crime DOES pay in Cook County.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bernie suspending campaign according to sources.

Trump vs Biden
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Damn near 160 years of experience
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Hope this doesn't cause the poster formerly known as lobster too much pain:

Four years and two weeks ago, she endorsed Bernie Sanders.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/124 ... tfw">March
Anand Giridharadas