Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Shirley »

Slamming Putin's nuclear war threats, SoS Anthony Blinken said, “…if Russia stops fighting, the war ends and if Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends.".
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's a Golda Meir quote I think.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:13 pm That's a Golda Meir quote I think.
Sounds fitting.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So what happens if Russia falls apart again and Putin is ousted? Who picks up the pieces?

Is it possible that Russia becomes a Chinese satellite State after this is over?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we should hope not
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, pretty wild thought.

either that or maybe Russia becoming a NATO satellite state?

that feels weird to say.

I guess China and Russia are pals tho...this was right after they played basketball with Prince.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Putin is a tiny man.

Also, his judo is shit.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

one of the goofiest things about this entire thread, is the whole thing about how the only U.S. lawmakers even willing to make the attempt at some anti-war kabuki theater, are the same lawmakers who would never be caught in the same room as Qusdahl about a single anything else.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3890 ... ouse-vote/

Gaetz resolution to withdraw US troops from Syria fails in House vote
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the goofiest, by far, is how many times you’ve suggested this thread die…and yet, here you are
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

bro but if only it was so easy!

the only way this thread is really ever gonna die is if we actually put an end to all the illegal invasions by unprovoked unilateral aggressors who don't respect the sovereignty of other countries.

#StandWithSyria
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Did it ever occur to you that Matt Gaetz wouldn't be caught dead in the same room with Q because Q says shit like "#StandWithSyria," which actually translates to "StandWithTheMurderousOphthalmologistAndHisIranianPuppetMasters"?

I mean...I generally agree that we should not have troops in Syria, but I'm not naive enough to believe that that means that Bashar Assad is the good guy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, yea, I always had the feeling the Gaetz types's newfound anti-war stance was less about actually being anti-war, and more about some flimsy "America first" sort of mindset. And, more significantly, and like I already said, was and is more than anything else, closer to just some sorta kabuki theater.

but you do bring up the point, of America as the role of world police. That was a pretty good movie, after all. One of Matt Damon's best performances!

Back to this Gaetz character - I wonder if he even has any idea about things like Iranian puppet masters. Or murderous ophthalmologists. Or what an ophthalmologist is.

and, I'm pretty sure you prob at least picked up on it, but just in case you really didn't: I meant that last post more than anything as some commentary on the hypocrisy of our foreign policy and world views, picking-and-choosing which evil eye doctors to vilify, which to intervene against, which to ignore, and which to afford the "good guy" treatment and be gifted weapons from "puppet masters" instead.

as for what you suggest #StandWithSyria really means, I'll also suggest more than anything maybe it means standing with the people of Syria...against, like I said, illegal invaders...cuuuz speaking of murderous, I wonder how many Syrian civilians have been killed by US aggression...or, for that matter, as a result of Israeli aggression, using bombs provided by its US and NATO pals...

(speaking of, reportedly Israel just bombed an Aleppo airport, which has thrown yet another monkey wrench in the gears of delivering humanitarian aid to earthquake victims)

with that said, and since you're so kindly justheretohelp enough to try and flesh out what "#StandWithSyria" really means, then, I may also ask:

would you please do "#StandWithUkraine" next?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Every thread. Every day.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"I wonder how many Syrian civilians have been killed by US aggression"

Considerably fewer than have been killed by Russian adventurism, I'd wager.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if you'd really like an example of our pick-and-choose our world views, consider how outraged we all are by this headline:

"US, UN worries about getting humanitarian aid to Ukraine after Russian air strike on Kyiv airport"

those monsters!

right!

right?

...or...is it more so just a matter of...whether it's countries we choose to care about?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 023-03-08/
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I didn't ask for examples. I don't care. I'm not a child. I know that we must pick and choose. And I prefer that the picking and the choosing be done on the basis of American national interest.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:44 am I didn't ask for examples. I don't care. I'm not a child. I know that we must pick and choose. And I prefer that the picking and the choosing be done on the basis of American national interest.
Wow, it's not like you and Ousie are of the same mind; it like you are sharing a mind.

If this isn't proof that you are Ousie's sock I don't know what is.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Dammit!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno which Russian propaganda is more alarming...

this piece about how Merica has little policy or objective about Ukraine beyond simply dragging out the war in Ukraine, even if dragging out the war in Ukraine is "precisely what Vladimir Putin wants"

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/1 ... s-00086654

- or -

this one about how the documentary about a Russian opposition leader, and the director using his Oscar acceptance speech to criticize Putin, is Russian propaganda too?

https://www.politico.eu/article/oscars- ... ub-russia/

wait, shit...I meant to post that from my DCHawk1 sock, on the off chance you guys actually read it, rather than just knee jerk dismiss me once again for parroting more Russian propaganda...oops!