Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

While I remain skeptical of any polls this early in the process, it's notable that Biden has surpassed Trump in Pennsylvania for the first time in this election cycle. And, what's even more interesting is that Biden has pulled ahead despite the problem he's currently having with young voters*. How has he accomplished that, you ask? As you can see in the image below, Biden is dominating the 65+ demographic, 60% to 37%. That's absolutely gobsmacking. Although there has been some recent questioning of the widely accepted "truism" that as people age they become more conservative, i.e., republican, unless this is an outlier, (it could be), if it's a reaction to Trump in particular, it has huge ramifications for the '24 election. Older people show up to vote. Was this a factor in how well Dems did in the 2022 midterms?

Is it possible that people 65 and over don't appreciate that Trump seems to be rooting for a financial crash this year so that it can help him get reelected.: “When there’s a crash − I hope it’s gonna be during this next 12 months, because I don't want to be Herbert Hoover,"

Or, is it because they aren't like the MAGA cult members whose support increases every time Trump is charged with yet another crime, because they remember the Democratic headquarters Watergate break-in by Nixon's reelection committee, Nixon's lies, his resignation in shame, pardoning by President Ford to save the country from suffering thru the drama, and believe in the rule of law?

PA 2024 Elections: Biden On Upside Of Too-Close-To-Call Race, Quinnipiac University Pennsylvania Poll Finds; Casey Opens Up Double-Digit Lead In Senate Race

In the key swing state of Pennsylvania, President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump remain in a too-close-to-call hypothetical 2024 general election matchup with 49 percent of registered voters supporting Biden and 46 percent supporting Trump, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University poll of registered voters in Pennsylvania released today. This marks the first time in Pennsylvania that Biden has a numerical advantage over Trump in the 2024 presidential race.

In October, a Quinnipiac University poll in Pennsylvania showed Trump with 47 percent support and Biden with 45 percent support. In June, Trump received 47 percent support and Biden received 46 percent support.

In today's poll, Democrats back Biden 96 - 4 percent and Republicans back Trump 89 - 7 percent. Independents are divided, with 45 percent supporting Trump and 44 percent supporting Biden.

In a five-person hypothetical 2024 general election matchup that includes independent and Green Party candidates, Biden receives 41 percent support, Trump receives 39 percent support, independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. receives 11 percent support, Green Party candidate Jill Stein receives 4 percent support, and independent candidate Cornel West receives 2 percent support.

...In the U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania, incumbent Democratic Senator Bob Casey leads Republican challenger David McCormick 53 - 43 percent. In October, Casey led McCormick 50 - 44 percent.

SENATOR FETTERMAN

Fetterman's results in the poll support what I believe about Democrats, that the majority support a strong border, (not to be confused with the republican version of "strong"), and Israel overall.

Roughly one-quarter of voters (26 percent) say they think more favorably of Senator John Fetterman for expressing strong support for Israel, while 14 percent say this makes them think less favorably of him, and 57 percent say it has no impact on their view of him.

Roughly one-third of voters (35 percent) say they think more favorably of Fetterman for expressing support for tougher immigration policies, while 9 percent say this makes them think less favorably of him, and 52 percent say it has no impact on their view of him.

*I'm not that worried, because once the primaries are over and it comes down to a choice between Biden and Trump, the vast majority of young voters will remember abortion, the environment, LGBTQ and racial issues, et al., and come home. Because

if those issues really matter to you, and you aren't encumbered by the nihility of allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the possible, there's no other choice.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was wondering what DMac was up to since the natty.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:23 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:06 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:00 pm DeSantis v. Haley

Shoot me.

Please.
If you weren't all hopped up on Mountain Dew you would probably see the subtle nuance in their political views and opinions.

not that i'm watching but just sayin
I watched the first 40 minutes.

Turns out I'm too snowflake to watch them attack each other over and over any longer than that, I guess.
If are a voter you doesn't know who they are by now I suppose the "debate" could be informative. At this point the viewership is inspired mostly out of morbid curiosity. It's a bum fight in the alley behind a bar. The drama consists of which one is going to bend over and hurl first, and is the spew going to land on the other combatant.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:26 am
Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:23 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:06 pm

If you weren't all hopped up on Mountain Dew you would probably see the subtle nuance in their political views and opinions.

not that i'm watching but just sayin
I watched the first 40 minutes.

Turns out I'm too snowflake to watch them attack each other over and over any longer than that, I guess.
If are a voter you doesn't know who they are by now I suppose the "debate" could be informative. At this point the viewership is inspired mostly out of morbid curiosity. It's a bum fight in the alley behind a bar. The drama consists of which one is going to bend over and hurl first, and is the spew going to land on the other combatant.
imo, DeSantis has been a dead man walking for a long time, while Haley still has ~ a 2% chance.

Despite the allure of seeing a couple of craven, i.e., contemptibly fainthearted, opportunists reveal again that they don't have the integrity to focus their criticism on the person they really need to beat, Trump, it didn't have that "it" factor you like to see in order to hang in there for the duration.

Hopefully that says more about them, than me.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Both of the two are spineless cowards who supported Trump when it was beneficial to them and have been too self serving to call him out for what he really is so neither is fit to be our President.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

There are worse people we could end up with as President than Nikki Haley.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:09 am They are worse people we could end up with as President than Nikki Haley.
Yes, the guy widely favored to win the GOP nomination. Haley and DeSantis are just mud wrestling for second place, trying not to say anything too honest about Trump to keep their hopes alive for 2028.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Meh. That's not exactly how I see it (they have both said negative things about Trump), but I understand why you feel the way you do.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:14 am While I remain skeptical of any polls this early in the process, it's notable that Biden has surpassed Trump in Pennsylvania for the first time in this election cycle. And, what's even more interesting is that Biden has pulled ahead despite the problem he's currently having with young voters*. How has he accomplished that, you ask? As you can see in the image below, Biden is dominating the 65+ demographic, 60% to 37%. That's absolutely gobsmacking. Although there has been some recent questioning of the widely accepted "truism" that as people age they become more conservative, i.e., republican, unless this is an outlier, (it could be), if it's a reaction to Trump in particular, it has huge ramifications for the '24 election. Older people show up to vote. Was this a factor in how well Dems did in the 2022 midterms?

Is it possible that people 65 and over don't appreciate that Trump seems to be rooting for a financial crash this year so that it can help him get reelected.: “When there’s a crash − I hope it’s gonna be during this next 12 months, because I don't want to be Herbert Hoover,"

Or, is it because they aren't like the MAGA cult members whose support increases every time Trump is charged with yet another crime, because they remember the Democratic headquarters Watergate break-in by Nixon's reelection committee, Nixon's lies, his resignation in shame, pardoning by President Ford to save the country from suffering thru the drama, and believe in the rule of law?

PA 2024 Elections: Biden On Upside Of Too-Close-To-Call Race, Quinnipiac University Pennsylvania Poll Finds; Casey Opens Up Double-Digit Lead In Senate Race

In the key swing state of Pennsylvania, President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump remain in a too-close-to-call hypothetical 2024 general election matchup with 49 percent of registered voters supporting Biden and 46 percent supporting Trump, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University poll of registered voters in Pennsylvania released today. This marks the first time in Pennsylvania that Biden has a numerical advantage over Trump in the 2024 presidential race.

In October, a Quinnipiac University poll in Pennsylvania showed Trump with 47 percent support and Biden with 45 percent support. In June, Trump received 47 percent support and Biden received 46 percent support.

In today's poll, Democrats back Biden 96 - 4 percent and Republicans back Trump 89 - 7 percent. Independents are divided, with 45 percent supporting Trump and 44 percent supporting Biden.

In a five-person hypothetical 2024 general election matchup that includes independent and Green Party candidates, Biden receives 41 percent support, Trump receives 39 percent support, independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. receives 11 percent support, Green Party candidate Jill Stein receives 4 percent support, and independent candidate Cornel West receives 2 percent support.

...In the U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania, incumbent Democratic Senator Bob Casey leads Republican challenger David McCormick 53 - 43 percent. In October, Casey led McCormick 50 - 44 percent.

SENATOR FETTERMAN

Fetterman's results in the poll support what I believe about Democrats, that the majority support a strong border, (not to be confused with the republican version of "strong"), and Israel overall.

Roughly one-quarter of voters (26 percent) say they think more favorably of Senator John Fetterman for expressing strong support for Israel, while 14 percent say this makes them think less favorably of him, and 57 percent say it has no impact on their view of him.

Roughly one-third of voters (35 percent) say they think more favorably of Fetterman for expressing support for tougher immigration policies, while 9 percent say this makes them think less favorably of him, and 52 percent say it has no impact on their view of him.

*I'm not that worried, because once the primaries are over and it comes down to a choice between Biden and Trump, the vast majority of young voters will remember abortion, the environment, LGBTQ and racial issues, et al., and come home. Because

if those issues really matter to you, and you aren't encumbered by the nihility of allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the possible, there's no other choice.

I refer back to the CNN poll I mentioned the other day, which showed that 12% of Republican voters support Trump being off the ballot in Maine altogether.

That's a goddamn enormous number, and it tells me a great deal more about where 2024 really stands than do polls where likely-D voters can express, without consequence, their own tepid feelings about Biden.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:09 am They are worse people we could end up with as President than Nikki Haley.
And this is where I think there is a meaningful - not a likelihood, but not a long-shot either - that at some point the Court will rule against Trump for political reasons.

If the R nominee is anyone but Trump, I think that nominee INSTANTLY rockets past Biden in terms of 2024 odds.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:34 am If the R nominee is anyone but Trump, I think that nominee INSTANTLY rockets past Biden in terms of 2024 odds.
Absolutely.

It brings some of the reasonable people back into the fold.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Biden being an effective president hasn't seemed to dent the rock heads of many Americans.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's not uncles fault he is 81. but. he is 81.

so. next.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️
@mmpadellan

Well well, what do you know?

Guess who's NOT under indictment, who isn't in 70 different pictures with Jeffrey Epstein, and is currently BEATING TRUMP BY 3 POINTS in Pennsylvania in the latest Quinnipiac poll?

THIS GUY. 😎

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The polls will also continue to move toward Biden as voters are reminded more and more of Trump's deeply unpopular positions, like "There must be some form of punishment for the woman" and "there must be immunity."
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:09 pm Guess who's NOT under indictment, who isn't in 70 different pictures with Jeffrey Epstein, and is currently BEATING TRUMP BY 3 POINTS in Pennsylvania in the latest Quinnipiac poll?
Well okay, but that leaves out the issue with his son's laptop, which is confirmed as real. Images included Hunter naked with his niece among many other disturbing things. Not a good look for Pa.

But you know, Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre recently said she did not believe Trump was involved with any of the girls on the island.

Omitting the info you don't want isn't going to give you the full picture and is dishonest.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:33 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:09 pm Guess who's NOT under indictment, who isn't in 70 different pictures with Jeffrey Epstein, and is currently BEATING TRUMP BY 3 POINTS in Pennsylvania in the latest Quinnipiac poll?
Well okay, but that leaves out the issue with his son's laptop, which is confirmed as real. Images included Hunter naked with his niece among many other disturbing things. Not a good look for Pa.

But you know, Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre recently said she did not believe Trump was involved with any of the girls on the island.

Omitting the info you don't want isn't going to give you the full picture and is dishonest.
Even in the four corners of this post, you should not be criticizing others for selectively presenting information in a particular way.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...bear with me here:

Tonight and tomorrow, Sanders, Warren, the Squad, etc. lose their minds about the plainly unconstitutional/Bush-esque attacks on the Houthis, which turns into a huge "split" in the party. AOC and Tlaib join Speaker Johnson in threatening to impeach Biden. Eventually, Kamala breaks bad, and Biden concedes that he's not up for this kind of infighting and ends his reelection campaign (à la LBJ).

Problem solved.

Then the games begin!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Also...Trump-Tulsi ticket
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:33 pm

VGR!

You're a ____________.

Hunter Biden isn't Joe Biden.
Hunter Biden's laptop was a story that broke in October 2020. Didn't work to keep Joe from being elected. Did it?
"Hunter Biden naked with his niece". Who's niece? Hunter's or Joe's? Where is the proof there are nude images with "his" niece?
Hunter Biden's laptop is near the bottom of Hunter Biden's concerns so I'm not sure why you are focusing on it when there are numerous other things you could focus on.

Virginia Giuffre said in 2016 she didn't THINK Trump was involved in anything regarding "any of the girls on the island".
When did she "recently" say that?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.