Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:35 am Weird that he wanted a PG type role and ended up with the same APG in his junior year in Houston as he did his frosh year at Kansas.

In my opinion, he left the wrong way.
I'm not rooting against him.
I'm not rooting for him.
What would have been the correct way? He didn't say anything bad about KU or Bill Self.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Grimes was over rated coming out of high school and let it go to his head. He was decent at everything. Was a big guard. But he never really excelled at any particular part of his game
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There were several instances that he and his father said things along these lines:

"I can get to a program where they let me play my game, where I can take on that role and be the main guy and take my team to the next level...it was a bad situation, I get out here, I can work my game."

Instead:

"Kansas is a great program and I respect Bill Self and his system. I think I might fit better in a different system and that's here at Houston. I'm here to work hard, play my game and be the best player I can be."

You probably can't read the difference and you'll most definitely argue some more but i'll leave you with that to gnaw on for the day.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the latter is PC

the former is butthurt
Deleted User 863

Quentin Grimes usage % by year
KU = 18.8%
UH = 23.8%
UH = 26.9%

2020-21 AAC conference POY.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 pm Grimes was over rated coming out of high school and let it go to his head. He was decent at everything. Was a big guard. But he never really excelled at any particular part of his game
June 2018
“He’s probably as complete a guard as we’ve ever had,” “He can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble, he can score at all three levels. He’s a really good player right now".
- Bill Self
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:08 pm There were several instances that he and his father said things along these lines:

"I can get to a program where they let me play my game, where I can take on that role and be the main guy and take my team to the next level...it was a bad situation, I get out here, I can work my game."

Instead:

"Kansas is a great program and I respect Bill Self and his system. I think I might fit better in a different system and that's here at Houston. I'm here to work hard, play my game and be the best player I can be."

You probably can't read the difference and you'll most definitely argue some more but i'll leave you with that to gnaw on for the day.
So you prefer he had something scripted, not been honest during an interview, and should have just blown Self as much as possibly could.
Kind of like when he did as such when he announced he was going to declare for the draft.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I prefer him to not blame others for his struggles.

I think he wasn’t ready and would have done just as well if not better if he stayed 2 more years at Kansas. How were his shooting percentages his jr year? Above 41 percent?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

God, just take the W and all that goes with it, ya goddamn weirdo:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/342 ... tle-season
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:46 am God, just take the W and all that goes with it, ya goddamn weirdo:

I don't think it's weird that he wants control of his own body.

Making him get the shot was damn near pointless the way things have played out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:10 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:46 am God, just take the W and all that goes with it, ya goddamn weirdo:

Pretty sure that it has shown out over time the vaccines were very helpful in reducing the spread and severity of COVID. While it was, and is, still bad out there, it would have been much much worse without them. So calling it "pointless" is pretty thoughtless.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I agree, I don't find it weird that he wants control of his own body but......
At the time it was believed his not being vaccinated had (or at least could have had) a bearing on others.

As far as making him get the shot and your feeling it was "damn near pointless", sure it was basically an ultimatum but no one "made" him get it.
Also, I know the guy was in Covid protocol. Does he know if being vaccinated helped, hurt, or had no bearing on his outcome?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You can't measure whether a vaccine was "pointless" with reference to whether or not a particular person needed it. That silly math is sort of the problem, here, and it's why we're now on cruise control (evidently fine with adding thousands/week to a US death toll already above one million people).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The full quote makes him sound like less of an asshole and more just not a smart person.

Which still sucks but is better than Kyrie, who is both. Or Whit Merrifield. Or, probably more on point, Hunter Dozier.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:56 am

The full quote makes him sound like less of an asshole and more just not a smart person.

Which still sucks but is better than Kyrie, who is both. Or Whit Merrifield. Or, probably more on point, Hunter Dozier.
The bad part about being an elite athlete wholly insulated from the rest of the world so that you can focus on your training and preparation for your craft is that you are separated from the rest of the world. Wiggins just comes off as someone who just doesn't see the bigger picture. And trust me, as a person who is in general wholly against putting unnecessary stuff into my system, I get it. I don't get flu shots, unnecessary vaccinations or take medications unless I absolutely cannot function without them. In general, I try to trust my body to deal with what it encounters on it's own. But our bodies, communities and societies have never experienced something of this magnitude. Those original estimates of multiple millions of US deaths if no preventative activities were taken, which were widely panned as ridiculously overstated when first provided, appear to have been lower than what likely would have played out.

I have no problem with Wiggins saying what he thought as he is free to do so. Many people are in the "did I really need to do that" mode still as it is just too difficult to comprehend the full scale of this pandemic.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:34 am

You can't measure whether a vaccine was "pointless" with reference to whether or not a particular person needed it. That silly math is sort of the problem, here, and it's why we're now on cruise control (evidently fine with adding thousands/week to a US death toll already above one million people).
I wouldn't be shocked if the NBA doesn't care about covid next year and/or if teams actively avoid testing so that players don't miss games. They also don't seem to care about booster status (which is relevant after a certain amount of time that many players have now reached).

That is the reason I think it was "pointless" to "force" Wiggins to get vaccinated.

*and yes, I agree "forced" maybe isn't the correct word because he had the option to not play and stay vaccine free.
Deleted User 863

You guys all been boosted several times?

I haven't.