Ugh.
twocoach

Re: 2024

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:08 pm The point is, the media doesn't understand that giving him all this attention is just increasing his chances of winning. The best thing they should do is ignore him, but they can't because no one would click on their articles.
Sorry but "just ignore him and he'll stop" never works, especially with power hungry, narcissistic egomaniacs like Trump.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm
Cassandra wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:08 pm The point is, the media doesn't understand that giving him all this attention is just increasing his chances of winning. The best thing they should do is ignore him, but they can't because no one would click on their articles.
Sorry but "just ignore him and he'll stop" never works, especially with power hungry, narcissistic egomaniacs like Trump.
Trump does not respect NO. What do you think he takes silence as???

(Obviously not criticizing anything you said.)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:29 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm
Trump does not respect NO. What do you think he takes silence as???

(Obviously not criticizing anything you said.)
I agree. There are no voters out there who are voting for Trump just because the media always talks poorly about him. They may lie and say that plays a factor but that's just trying to create a better excuse to justify supporting such a scumbag.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think that, in a whole lot of ways, it's a huge mistake to think things are still today as they were in 2016.

Trump is not the same, and he is not running for the same reasons. He absolutely would not use his power the same ways the second time around. Similarly, the Trump voters aren't the same; the "free trial" getting them to sign up was the crazy, but the recurring charge is pure hatred, cruelty and fear.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Since cognitive decline is apparently an issue in 2024.

https://x.com/acyn/status/1747818253626 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
While talking about the caucus results, Trump gets sidetracked and starts talking about how he used to drive a Rolls Royce
https://x.com/meidastouch/status/174785 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Donald Trump appeared confused and disoriented while delivering remarks in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, stumbling through incoherent sentences and bragging about taking cognitive exams designed to detect dementia.
https://x.com/acyn/status/1747818968549 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Trump: We’re going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your— your political beliefs what they do. They want to debank you. We’re going to debank— think of this. They want to take away your country. Electric cars
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:29 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:12 am
Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 am

I wondered the same thing, but can't imagine it is.
FYI.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDaPEaDJ7E
Trump shares bizarre 'God made Trump' campaign video
Today In: It's Not A Cult!

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson compared Donald Trump to the biblical King David in a Monday interview on Fox News

Ben Carson uses biblical reference for describing Trump
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Nimrata telling it like it is. This is why I like her, she's a straight talker.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/barkley-burs ... 20626.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

To each of ya:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’re not, nor have ever been a racist country

wut?

i used to think haley might fare pretty well in the general, but she just can’t help but say stupid shit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Did you hear her reasoning for pardoning Trump?
That my friends and enemies is the biggest one of many reasons why she will not receive my vote.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:12 am we’re not, nor have ever been a racist country

wut?

i used to think haley might fare pretty well in the general, but she just can’t help but say stupid shit
Whatever Republican advances to the general election will fare "pretty well". Both sides have a base percentage of people who will vote for a tree stump if that's what their party puts out there. See the 2020 election results.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if she is elected president. why do i care if she pardons dt.

if she(or almost anyone else) is president. and uncle and dt are not president. happy day.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:26 am if she is elected president. why do i care if she pardons dt.

if she(or almost anyone else) is president. and uncle and dt are not president. happy day.
I don't know why you care, or don't care.
I know why I care. Because of her reasoning/s.

“For me, the last thing we need is an 80-year-old president sitting in jail because that’s just going to further divide our country,” Haley said during a town hall event with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Thursday. “This is no longer about whether he’s innocent or guilty. This is about the fact: How do we bring the country back together?”

"IS NO LONGER ABOUT WHETHER HE'S INNOCENT OR GUILTY".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you are not really holding on to hope that dt will be jailed, are you!.?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nikki haley stands for nothing. Might be the worst candidate from either side. Backed by corrupt money and will for sure keep the war machine rollin
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

and what does trump stand for?

has anyone changed their stance on issues more? (other than him always being the victim, of course)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:17 am :lol:

has anyone changed their stance on issues more? (other than him always being the victim, of course)
Like him or hate him, agree or disagree with him, but anyone with a functional brain knows he at least stands for things. He often has strong views on things

(Secure borders, not catering to China, tough on crime, reducing taxes and government, no trans agenda forced on people)
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:03 am

(Secure borders, not catering to China, tough on crime, reducing taxes and government, no trans agenda forced on people)
Secure borders= He did nothing that secured the border. He built just enough to brag about it.

Not catering to China= He pulls on the China teat as hard as anyone. He also lit the fuse on our economy with his stupid and ill advised "trade war" with China.

Tough on crime= How? By bragging about it? At the same time cheering on criminals that are doing his bidding?

Reducing taxes= Do you feel your taxes are lower?

Reducing government= By installing himself as the alternative? (wanna be dictator)

No trans agenda forced on people= This isn't actually a thing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:03 am

Like him or hate him, agree or disagree with him, but anyone with a functional brain knows he at least stands for things. He often has strong views on things

Trump's "view" is that Biden could shoot him dead at the first debate, resign before he's impeached, and then be immune from prosecution.

Not sure how that is a "tough on crime" view, but what do I know.