Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: Modern feminism thread

Post by Deleted User 75 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am It's a shame we lost Hawklin so that we could have Seahawk.
She was also in the fight that led to Wiscy leaving.
Awesome.

She must hate animals!?!?

In all seriousness, it's not surprising. When someone attacks your character for things you don't actually do or say it becomes very frustrating at times. I've almost said some things that probably would've crossed a line that would get me in "trouble"....I am not here for this board. I like talking about Kansas basketball and NBA Jayhawks and other NBA items. So I'm not going to let myself get banned over her. Even if the only people who talk about what I enjoy talking about are PhD, pwhitt, and jfish (and Cascadia when he's around).

Aren't there mommy blogs for this type of back and forth centered around politics and misogynistic men?
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am It's a shame we lost Hawklin so that we could have Seahawk.
Two male posters made their own choices about leaving this forum, hawklin because he didn’t like the rules of the forum owner, but in your view, the fault for that is on the part of a woman.

You’re very predictable.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

If I had a close family member die I probably would find a better way to spend my time than arguing with a stranger on a message board over a fantasy land misogyny that doesn't really exist within that poster.

Go enjoy your life. Go away. You're not being a righteous warrior telling me how terrible I am over fabricated statements and beliefs you've created for me.

Let's just end this. It's dumb.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jesus christ

if you really wanted to end it, then just stop responding

glad you got your last barb in though...good for you
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am If I had a close family member die...”
JFC.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

right?

who the fuck goes there...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

That's worth a couple weeks in the cooler.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

I don't really give a shit. She's spoken on my wife negatively. Accused me of being a misogynist when I've posted nothing that would warrant being accused of viewing women that way.

I didn't say anything rude or disrespectful, she's told her story otherwise I wouldn't know. I was giving her some general advice. Go enjoy life. She is all worked up about this fantasy character she has made me to be in her mind. She's fighting a battle against an enemy that doesn't exist.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am If I had a close family member die I probably would find a better way to spend my time than arguing with a stranger on a message board over a fantasy land misogyny that doesn't really exist within that poster.

Go enjoy your life. Go away. You're not being a righteous warrior telling me how terrible I am over fabricated statements and beliefs you've created for me.

Just stop.

Good heavens.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:14 pm That's worth a couple weeks in the cooler.
Remember, the crimson and blue suit up on Thursday. Everyone back to your stations.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 am it all sounds like bs
POTD II
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:34 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 am If I had a close family member die I probably would find a better way to spend my time than arguing with a stranger on a message board over a fantasy land misogyny that doesn't really exist within that poster.

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:58 am jesus christ

if you really wanted to end it, then just stop responding

glad you got your last barb in though...good for you
Just stop.

Good heavens.
^^^ to DC and Trad.

Poor Illy, seahawk is so far up in his head, it's hilarious.

The thing that's not "hilarious" is that just like the basketball board too frequently in the past, he's decided to come over here and make this forum even more insufferable. Let's just hope he doesn't drive any other posters away like he has in the past.

Full disclosure: I actually feel kind of sorry for him, but he brings it on himself.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

LOL. I have ran a grand total of ZERO people off of this site or .net

No need to feel sorry for me. Sure, she got in my head and made me angry, so I was rude... Most people don't like being called misogynistic or racist when they've done nothing to deserve it. That's her tactic that she's used over and over again with multiple people.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:25 pm I don't really give a shit. She's spoken on my wife negatively. Accused me of being a misogynist when I've posted nothing that would warrant being accused of viewing women that way.

I didn't say anything rude or disrespectful, she's told her story otherwise I wouldn't know. I was giving her some general advice. Go enjoy life. She is all worked up about this fantasy character she has made me to be in her mind. She's fighting a battle against an enemy that doesn't exist.
Ah yes, the "she started" it schtick. Well played. Certainly excuses bringing in the death of a love one to a stupid message board spat.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Will someone else start an argument with Illy?
He clearly needs it in his day.

Maybe it will stop him from piling on someone who doesn't deserve it...particularly at this time.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm LOL. I have ran a grand total of ZERO people off of this site or .net

No need to feel sorry for me. Sure, she got in my head and made me angry, so I was rude... Most people don't like being called misogynistic or racist when they've done nothing to deserve it. That's her tactic that she's used over and over again with multiple people.
I am not so sure about racist...but you have made more than your share of comments that certainly seem misogynistic. If you can't recognize it...that is on you, not SeaHawk.
Deleted User 75

@ plano: Quote them.....

@chiknbut: No, I started it on page 5 after I said something and she called me a liar.(which ironically is a few comments after I say somethin that's the exact opposite of misogyny, but whatever).... It took her all of 2 or 3 posts to make bold assumptions about my character. And 10 pages later here we are.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 pm @ plano: Quote them..... JFC

@chiknbut: No, I started it on page 5 after I said something and she called me a liar.(which ironically is a few comments after I say somethin that's the exact opposite of misogyny, but whatever).... It took her all of 2 or 3 posts to make bold assumptions about my character. And 10 pages later here we are.
Every one of your arguments turn into 10-15 pages. Sometimes, just let shit go
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

So, anyhoo, I’ll ask again: How about we lock this thread down and move along? This is headed nowhere good.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Yeah, we're probably not going to get much honest discussion anyways. There were a few that did contribute, even if they disagreed (much appreciated). But the majority let their emotions take over and logic goes out the window because this is a touchy subject to some. I always try to imagine all of you as if you were sitting here in the room with me and act accordingly.

Anyway, Hawklin should come back since this is a new site.