Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Kenosha

Post by TDub »

Id like to understand the rules better

Protesting, looting, setting parts of cities ablaze = Ok

Counterprotesting/maybe shooting paintballs (didnt read that at this event,
that was earlier in the day and a different location) = deserves to die.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... urday.html

Earlier altercation, right wingers had mace left wingers shooting paintballs it appears
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Protesting is fine. Counterprotesting is fine. Using vehicles to threaten protesters while shooting paintball guns and macing is not fine (oushy’s video shows all this). Should he have got shot? No. But he’s 10x less sympathetic than Antioch Rambo wannabe. We also know nothing of what led to his death. All we known he was with the group causing trouble, and he’s dead. We have no other facts yet.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Again. Paintballers were the saints.

Only one side causing trouble?

Spin cycle for both sides is ugly in all these events. Need to find some remorse, some course forward and to tread lightly. Country is a powder keg.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I do know at least one thing:

It almost seems like all the issues Merica faces right now are only made worse by guns.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/ ... s-say.html

Run on guns and ammo again. Also, you cant even barely find lowers anymore for those that build their own.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think it’s time to really flesh out the substance of the 2nd amendment - which is to say, make sure any action taken with respect to 2A is focused on being necessary to the security of a free state.

And if we have these vigilante militias, ok fine, but regulate the shit out of them, just like the amendment says.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 am Not the shooting, but a video of the pro-Trump 4x4 parade in Portland

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/stat ... 95201?s=21
2020 USA in a nutshell.
Approximately 50% of Americans "support" those guys in the trucks.
Also america in a nutshell there is no way to know they are trump "voters". Supporters? Yes clearly judging by the trump flag/sticker. Voters? Maybe.

And yes, it is also stupid when fox calls protestors biden supporters/voters.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Considering how many closet trumpers there are who voted for the guy even though they won’t admit it, I think it’s safe to say anyone flying a giant Trump flag off the back of their truck is a Trump voter.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:56 pm Considering how many closet trumpers there are who voted for the guy even though they won’t admit it, I think it’s safe to say anyone flying a giant Trump flag off the back of their truck is a Trump voter.
Only like 50% of our population actaully votes iirc.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Counter-protesting. What’s the point?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s our freedoms brah. If you care enough about something, speak up.

What’s scary is how quickly the line blurs between protests and Counter-protests and riots. It does seem to escalate, even though it don’t gotta be that way.

And it prob doesn’t help when all sortsa weapons get involved.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 pm Counter-protesting. What’s the point?
I was part of some epic counter-protests against the Westboro Baptist Church when they used to protest everything. We’d get 10x+ those gay-hatters. Absolutely good counter protests out there.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 pm Counter-protesting. What’s the point?
Great question!
Some people may answer - To let those protesting know you won't tolerate them and their "cause"/"actions".
Other people may answer - There is no point. At least not a good one. All you are doing is giving them attention and feeding in to them. Their knowing they are pissing you off makes them happy - so why would you want to make them happy? Just ignore them.
I've chosen both avenues. In hind sight, I can't say definitively if I was right or wrong with my choice/s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 pm https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... urday.html

Earlier altercation, right wingers had mace left wingers shooting paintballs it appears
This country has dissolved into a late night Cinemax movie.

I can't wait to get a good night's sleep.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It all comes down to the availability of bad info and platforms designed for people to continue down these paths of bad information for little squirts of dopamine when their opinions are validated and built upon.

Both sides are certain they know the truth and have evidence to back that up. They also have evidence that the other side supports evil. We're so fucked.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Social media is the devil.
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'm so glad to see so many Americans supporting Kyle. At 17, he was more brave and poised than most American men in their 40s.

There's no chance the "murder" charge will stick. He was running away from everyone who came after him. You cannot be the aggressor if you are running away from people chasing you. :D

The first shot was fired by the Antifa folks, and then there was that molotov cocktail, a highly lethal thing that fortunately did not detonate. They could have left it at that, but then they got the bright idea of trying to chase down and kill a man with a rifle. The guy with the pistol tried to shoot him, and that guy should be in prison for attempted murder. He even admitted after that he wanted to kill Kyle, but was too slow.

And this nutty idea that he "was looking for trouble" -- the only people looking for trouble were the thugs setting fire to buildings, looting, knocking old men to the ground, and doing it with an entitled attitude that everyone should accept their terrorism.

Kyle did not actually bring the gun out of state -- it was already there at a friend's home. He happened to be in that town that day and his friend asked him if he would defend his private property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckHV0A4ODM&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZUZnWDMUA&t=3s
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:34 pm Can’t wait for Lobster’s YouTube video response to NiceDC’s comments!
Lobster never disappoints, only took a few hours