Offseason thread

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Offseason thread

Post by pdub »

Guys in jerseys, maybe at themed parties, OR if you are really superstitious and you have some good luck jersey, fine, perhaps during games.
Girls in jerseys - yes, acceptable.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:52 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:29 am Grown men wearing jerseys is even worse
Ya. I can maybe give a partial pass if you are actually attending the game...or if you wear it in the basement during the game as a superstition....but walking around on a non gameday in a jersey is cringeworthy.
No. No passes.
What if you're alone and nobody sees you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:57 am Guys in jerseys, maybe at themed parties, OR if you are really superstitious and you have some good luck jersey, fine, perhaps during games.
Girls in jerseys - yes, acceptable.
Even pink jerseys?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ESPN cancelled the Orlando events. Pretty sure KU was one of those events.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:49 am Yall just playa hatin’

That’s gutter
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No way bro!

That dude’s wearing boxers, whereas gutter’s more of a banana hammock kinda guy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:59 am ESPN cancelled the Orlando events. Pretty sure KU was one of those events.
Yup.
Champions Classic looking for new location.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait what’s the details of this?

Why’d they cancel?

How do the reasons they cancelled not apply to another location they now apparently gotta find?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

From the Athletic:

The plans broke down mainly because ESPN was trying to abide by guidelines handed down by the Centers for Disease Control and the NCAA, which are more restrictive than the protocols many conferences are planning to implement. The biggest point of contention was ESPN’s desire to stick by the guideline stating that anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus must be re-tested after that person has been clear for 90 days. Several schools balked at the idea of retesting players that soon. “The 90-day testing protocol became the key sticking point,” Overby said. “Once we laid that out there were individual schools who couldn’t agree because their conference rules are more open-ended with respect to when you test someone again who has contracted the virus.”
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

A) Not sure why Snacks deleted his Instagram post. Interesting.
B) ND - Not sure how you figured that out. Funny thing is I am confident if I really wanted to get in that room, the lock might make things more difficult but it wouldn't stop me.
C) Illini - I have worn most but not all of my shoes. In terms of collecting, a lot of times it's the "chase" that's part of the thrill for me. I have no one to will my shoes to when I die but whoever gets them - gets some cool shoes and/or a bunch of money if they were to sell them.
D) Cascadia - All depends when and where they are worn. Obviously there are big differences between baseball, football, hockey, and basketball jerseys. I sometimes will wear a hockey jersey instead of a sweater. I have a blue Crosby Penguins jersey and pretty much every time I wear it I get sincere compliments. I figure if someone has an issue with my wearing a jersey - that's their issue. Not mine.
I find it funny that in general the people find fault in what others choose to wear - probably need to find fault in themselves for what they choose to wear. Yes, myself included.
E) The pic ousdahl posted is not me. Although...... I do have an authentic CHALMERS #6 Heat jersey - so I laughed. P.S. I do wear boxers.

F) The most important thing - BUMMER about the Champions Classic. I was thinking logistically it was going to be really tough but was keeping my fingers crossed. Now they are talking about playing it in Indy. Why would Indy be any better than Orlando?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1,500 in AFH this year. 850 for donors.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

For reference, the women’s team averaged about 2,000 per year at AFH.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if there’s a silver lining to mizzou, it’s that they won’t have to bother with attendance limits.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:25 pm if there’s a silver lining to mizzou, it’s that they won’t have to bother with attendance limits.
POTD
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:51 pm A) Not sure why Snacks deleted his Instagram post. Interesting.
B) ND - Not sure how you figured that out. Funny thing is I am confident if I really wanted to get in that room, the lock might make things more difficult but it wouldn't stop me.
I think B as a lot to do with A, lol. Highly doubt I was the only one to easily see his hand movement in the clip.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Best thing I have seen all day.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CG2we8KAaQB/?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 310 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 am So if TGF is a "pro" who is going to be left out of the rotation? Basically going to be 6 smalls playing those 4 spots, assuming Mitch doesn't get significant time next to McCormack.

Also, why did he have to go to JUCO? And why weren't any of the other top schools (Duke, UNC, UK, Nova, etc.) after him for this season? The next best team after KU that had interest was probably oregon, then it was just places like mizzou, kstate, georgia, iowa state, LSU, virgina tech, etc... i am not all that familiar with his story, seen some videos, and read some articles...

This is what TGF said of KU during recruitment...

Kansas: "I'm going to take a visit to Kansas. I had a meeting with coach (Bill) Self and my parents when I went home last weekend and it was just great. Everything went really well. He is recruiting me to come be a starter if I work and said that if I work there's no reason I won't be able to play 25 or 30 minutes a game."

I know Self tells almost all of them that they will be a starter, but maybe i am not giving him enough credit.
Something that was noted last night when Jay Scrubb was taken in the second round is that the consensus among recruiting media was that TGF surpassed Scrubb as the best pro prospect in Juco ball last season.