2021 NCAA Football (Non KU)

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: 2021 NCAA Football (Non KU)

Post by hartjack8 »

Most interesting is the demise of the Big 12 may have been premature, we could be the only conference with two in the playoffs.
Cinn beats Houston they in and OSU beats Baylor and they could get in with a Mich or Bama loss.

We really need to kick OU and UT to the curb and take in the four new schools next year. Epic move.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Campbell is going to be curious to watch. You have to wonder, has he peaked or has Iowa State peaked? Maybe he's accomplished all he can with their resources and goes looking for a bigger opportunity to further prove himself. But on the other hand, he could coach his whole career in Ames winning 6-8 games per year and be a god.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:22 pm Campbell is going to be curious to watch. You have to wonder, has he peaked or has Iowa State peaked? Maybe he's accomplished all he can with their resources and goes looking for a bigger opportunity to further prove himself. But on the other hand, he could coach his whole career in Ames winning 6-8 games per year and be a god.
If he's in play for either OU or ND, he's gotta go; I have a great job, but if you told me that if I took a job I'd probably fail at, but I'd get $40mm to try, I'd go.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:27 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:22 pm Campbell is going to be curious to watch. You have to wonder, has he peaked or has Iowa State peaked? Maybe he's accomplished all he can with their resources and goes looking for a bigger opportunity to further prove himself. But on the other hand, he could coach his whole career in Ames winning 6-8 games per year and be a god.
If he's in play for either OU or ND, he's gotta go; I have a great job, but if you told me that if I took a job I'd probably fail at, but I'd get $40mm to try, I'd go.
I doubt he is in serious consideration for either of those jobs but I do believe he has reached his pinnacle with Ames. My bet would be he takes the Cincy job when Fickell goes to ND.
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Rumor has it USC initially offered the job to Fickell, who turned it down after hearing LSU was making a run at Brian Kelly...supposedly ND and (t)OSU are the only jobs Fickell had an affinity for (outside of Cincy).
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Sounds like ND is about to announce Marcus Freeman as their new HC, which seems like a smart move...Tommy Rees is sticking around as well; Brian Kelly tried to get them both to come to LSU with him.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:45 pm Sounds like ND is about to announce Marcus Freeman as their new HC, which seems like a smart move...Tommy Rees is sticking around as well; Brian Kelly tried to get them both to come to LSU with him.
I don't know. It seems like the AD for ND just didn't want Kelly to take them. ND has the fifth ranked recruiting class and this should keep it intact which would be the number 1 reason to do it. ND watching what is happening at OU and makes a move that shuts Kelly down. OU has lost 8 commits since Riley left plus some current guys hitting the portal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

None of the ND staff has left for LSU, yet. A DL coach who has been with Kelly at every stop is even staying.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:17 pm None of the ND staff has left for LSU, yet. A DL coach who has been with Kelly at every stop is even staying.
I probably wouldn't leave either if I was going to be promoted to DC - if Kelly wasn't going to promote me at LSU. Unless........ Money played a major role in my saying or leaving.
Maybe I am way off but I believe I read Kelly is basically going to be paid 4x as much money at LSU than he was being paid at Notre Dame. Is that true?
I SOMEWHAT understand endowments, revenues, etc. Am I wrong to believe that the ND Football program is in essence "worth" more money than LSU? Then why such a huge discrepancy between what ND paid him and what LSU will pay him?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:01 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:17 pm None of the ND staff has left for LSU, yet. A DL coach who has been with Kelly at every stop is even staying.
I probably wouldn't leave either if I was going to be promoted to DC - if Kelly wasn't going to promote me at LSU. Unless........ Money played a major role in my saying or leaving.
Maybe I am way off but I believe I read Kelly is basically going to be paid 4x as much money at LSU than he was being paid at Notre Dame. Is that true?
I SOMEWHAT understand endowments, revenues, etc. Am I wrong to believe that the ND Football program is in essence "worth" more money than LSU? Then why such a huge discrepancy between what ND paid him and what LSU will pay him?
LSU football generates far more total annual revenue than Notre Dame football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 am
Really? I don't NOT believe you but I am surprised by that.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

lsu fired the coach that won them a national championship two short years ago.

brian kelly will to be fired if he does not have them in the cfp two years from now.

he will take them for a pile of money. not live up. be fired. take them for a pile of money.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:46 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 am

Really? I don't NOT believe you but I am surprised by that.
https://www.athleticscholarships.net/pr ... ograms.htm

according to this it is more....far more may be a bit of an exaggeration. They're in the same ballpark, I'm sure this varies year to year.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

To live and work in Baton Rouge? Would be a tough sell to a lot of people. Much better off at ND.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:28 pm To live and work in Baton Rouge? Would be a tough sell to a lot of people. Much better off at ND.
I agree but I take it you've never spent a winter (or even a winter day) in Notre Dame/South Bend. :D
I traveled and went to a ND/UNC Basketball game during a snow storm many years ago. I vowed never to do that again.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

OU has gone very silent on New HC hire. Seems it would be done if it wasn't someone playing today.

But Miami just hired Clemson AD so if you hear Miami fired coach that means the Duck's coach gone.

Clemson AD leaving has put some smoke out there that Dabo and BV going to OU. Kinda crazy but this coaching carousel been kinda crazy. Again if this was the plan then it should be done.

Three coaches involved in today's game that have been linked are Aranda, Fickell and Dan Lanning.

Oklahoma is expected to interview Lanning sometime after Georgia's SEC championship game matchup with Alabama on Saturday.

Oklahoma has a long history of hiring assistants without head-coaching experience to oversee its program and Castiglione hinted that he would not be afraid to take that same path in replacing Riley.

"Why would I change models?" Castiglione said on Monday, though he wouldn't rule out a sitting head coach over a rising-star assistant. "My benchmark is hiring the best coach for the University of Oklahoma and always has been."

The parallels between Lanning and Bob Stoops, who was 38 when he landed the OU job, are notable. As a Power 5 assistant who knows Lanning well said of the Georgia coordinator, "He's the next Bob Stoops. He could be [at Oklahoma] for 20 years."

Not sure if you Sunshine BOYZZ remember Dan Lanning the DC for UGA but he did interview at KU. I was excited and said he was instant hire. You guys of course wanted the greatest Div 3 coach of all time. The Sunshine Boyzz over the top with our 2-10 season yet you forget the last coach from the wizard school was fired after two years and a 5-19 record. For sure the wizard the best coach since Magic Man but hard to be not. This is one of those ceiling situation's where the wizard may get us to a bowl game in 4 or 5 years while Lanning my have pulled a Aranda and we in the Big 12 championship.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Both teams in the PAC championship are 4-7?
Wow. Maybe we should join the conference of champions, at least for football.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

What?

PAC championship was Oregon - Utah
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Then what is USC and Cal tonight at 11pm EST?
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:30 pm Then what is USC and Cal tonight at 11pm EST?
Make up of postponed game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG