2022-23 CBB Season

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 2022-23 CBB Season

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Karma for Chris Beard.

Guess I no longer need to worry about him ever being the coach at KU. I have never been a fan.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The ugly truth that everyone knows: Beard is a tremendous basketball coach that will make millions per year to do so very soon.
Deleted User 863

He had tremendous potential, that is for sure. But you know what they say about potential. I stop short of saying he was a tremendous college coach. He was good not great. His resume just wasn't there yet for me. Wasn't in a big conference until 2016.

His record at Tech and Texas is 141-68. Which is pretty good. Probably only a few with better over that span? But i need more/longer before i go the great classification. There aren't many great college coaches at the moment. Self the best by far.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm Beard fired
Was there something new released on his court case? Weird that they did this now if they hadn't learned anything new.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm Beard fired
Was there something new released on his court case? Weird that they did this now if they hadn't learned anything new.
The contract clause I saw when this all went down said one of the "for cause" triggers could be "charged with a felony . . ."
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:37 pm Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.
Indeed it is. For me especially, when it comes to him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:03 pm Jerome Tang should be Texas #1 option and it shouldn't be close.

Cal won't leave UK, Oats probably wouldn't go. Should be interesting but I think Tang is a top candidate.

Could double his pay and be recruiting to Austin over Manhattan freaking Kansas.
Live look in:

Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:05 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:03 pm Jerome Tang should be Texas #1 option and it shouldn't be close.

Cal won't leave UK, Oats probably wouldn't go. Should be interesting but I think Tang is a top candidate.

Could double his pay and be recruiting to Austin over Manhattan freaking Kansas.
Live look in:

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Deleted User 863

You don't know what you got until it's gone.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Easy and correct decision by texas.

Not sure why it took so long.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey Ron Holland, you sure you wanna go to Texas now?
And Arterio Morris, what you doing next year?
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

good game going on - Purdue v Ohio State. 5 min to go, back n forth tied
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm The ugly truth that everyone knows: Beard is a tremendous basketball coach that will make millions per year to do so very soon.
I don't know, man; given the day-and-age we live in, I don't see any school giving a second chance to a coach who has "wife beater" on his resume...it's probably as close to a career killer situation as you can get. He's a good coach and it's almost always winning over everything, but the PR hit that any school/AD would take from even attempting to hire a coach with this hanging over him would be substantial...and I'm not sure that changes anytime soon.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Beard's lawyers did him no favors. First, like CnB posted, was the contract which could be terminated by just the appearance of crime. Then his lawyer began trying to intimidate the girlfriend and the university. UT had to figure other accusations would be unearthed or follow. They were always going to have to fire him after this. Beard was in a no-win situation legally. But domestic violence cases are often dropped when the victim miraculously won't testify, so that was the road the lawyer took. "Nothing happened you can prove." Bad look for a university. Beard should have made a statement about how they were going through couples counseling and stepped voluntarily away. I think the nasty win at all costs attitude makes him a pariah for coaching at a big program. He will rebuild his reputation at a Hickory HS.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soooo

guess which imaginary friend and I are gonna go to the Oregon State game in Boulder this weekend?!

cuz totally normal to drive like 2 hours to go see two Pac 12 bottom feeders. lol I just searched for Oregon State Basketball and google also suggests searches like "is Oregon State D2?" and "Does Oregon State have a basketball team?"

...but don't worry, think I'm still gonna go decked out in KU gear anyway.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Speaking of bottom feeders. Got free tix to a Wichita State game last Saturday. Went with family, great seats as basically all the seats there are pretty good. Got smoked by East Carolina.

But moral of the story, man how they have fallen, badly. They'll be looking for a new coach very soon.

Wichita State always had decent basketball and pretty good baseball. And now they have neither. lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:51 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm The ugly truth that everyone knows: Beard is a tremendous basketball coach that will make millions per year to do so very soon.
I don't know, man; given the day-and-age we live in, I don't see any school giving a second chance to a coach who has "wife beater" on his resume...it's probably as close to a career killer situation as you can get. He's a good coach and it's almost always winning over everything, but the PR hit that any school/AD would take from even attempting to hire a coach with this hanging over him would be substantial...and I'm not sure that changes anytime soon.
https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2023/jan ... -texas-am/
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Not defending Chris Beard but he hasn't been convicted of anything. Innocent until proven guilty. I know he probably did what he was initially accused of but if all that's needed is an accusation then any of us could potentially be at the mercy of a pissed off girl friend or spouse.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:08 am Speaking of bottom feeders. Got free tix to a Wichita State game last Saturday. Went with family, great seats as basically all the seats there are pretty good. Got smoked by East Carolina.

But moral of the story, man how they have fallen, badly. They'll be looking for a new coach very soon.

Wichita State always had decent basketball and pretty good baseball. And now they have neither. lol
I wonder how they feel about making a deal with the devil

and by that I mean, making a deal with domestic abusers with facial hair