Official Jayhawks Top the Mountaineers Thread

Kansas Basketball.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: Official Jayhawks Top the Mountaineers Thread

Post by AlOerter »

Most absurd game I've watched this season.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:14 pm We probably win in OT if the refs don't freak out and blow the whistle on Elmarko. The stress of knowing 10 seconds was close had them ready to blow their whistle and his steal was too much to resist. The ref who called it looked like he was blocked from seeing it clearly, but who knows.

College refs suck. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. Today it hurt.

The refs knew they were wrong and that's EXACTLY why Self didn't get a T when he easily should have been T'd up (at least once).
Yeah. They had allowed contact all day too. Not when it mattered. The game was lost beyond the arc. Not a bad strategy. Crazy
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:36 pm Hunter zero effort on rebound leads to 3 for WVU
I'm still blaming the loss our lazy 7 footer putting in zero effort on a rebound. Big swing here. That WVU offensive board lead to a 3 and put them up 4

I know furphy got schooled on the boards at the end too. But he's a freshman, not an all American upperclassmen center
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:15 pm WVU played out of their minds. Much better than their record. Kansas does that to people. Played well. Lost
As long as it doesn't happen in March or April, at least for this team, it doesn't mean much to me. We can still win the big 12, which is a secondary goal to me honestly. This is a national title chase type of year for me. I don't get too worked up over these relatively meaningless losses on the road to worse teams.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:16 pm Most absurd game I've watched this season.
Circus shots. Rebounds just out of reach. The refs were not great at the end, but pretty consistent. Just went against EVERY tendency
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:13 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:11 pm
Honestly, fuck off with this. They're fucking 6-11.
Their record (and ours) doesn't matter when Kansas comes to town.

You new here?
You didn't participate in this game thread at all and you come on after a shitty loss to nitpick my post? Fuck off.
He's right though.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:17 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:36 pm Hunter zero effort on rebound leads to 3 for WVU
I'm still blaming the loss our lazy 7 footer putting in zero effort on a rebound. Big swing here. That WVU offensive board lead to a 3 and put them up 4

I know furphy got schooled on the boards at the end too. But he's a freshman, not an all American upperclassmen center
Furphy blew 3 rebounds in a row.

I put this loss squarely on him, and the refs didn't help at the end.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:17 pm

But 36 points from distance from a team that should have 12. Was a combination mojo thing. Kansas.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we can’t beat WVU how will we beat the actual good teams?

I dunno, it’s Self, and he rules, but there’s a lot wrong with this team right now. You can’t loose to WVU, you just can’t.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm If we can’t beat WVU how will we beat the actual good teams?
Self

Allen Fieldhouse

and DH/Kj/KM/DH

That's how.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Effing lights out shooting by WV, a team that has struggled all season. I hate these kind of losses more than any.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm If we can’t beat WVU how will we beat the actual good teams?

I dunno, it’s Self, and he rules, but there’s a lot wrong with this team right now. You can’t loose to WVU, you just can’t.
Teams that ball out at home or neutral sites are tough to beat. WVU played a complete game and almost lost
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jayhawkerr wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:24 pm Effing lights out shooting by WV, a team that has struggled all season. I hate these kind of losses more than any.
Word. Defies logic. But that is basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm usually fairly calm with losses anymore, particularly early conference losses. Today is flashback TDub. I'm irrationally angry about that game. Everything about it.
Just Ledoux it
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

I was more pissed about our 2 offensive possessions around 1:10 and 1:00 left. The first one was 20 seconds of aimless dribbling, Harris casually losing his dribble 30 feet from the basket with 12 on the shot clock. Furphy got up a decent shot after, but they have to have some urgency and situational awareness.

Then the next one McCullar got to the paint and chucked it out of bounds trying to hit Adams who was covered and not where McC expected him to be.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm
Self

Allen Fieldhouse

and DH/Kj/KM/DH

That's how.
I guess yea.
AFH not worried about.
We have much tougher roadies than these meth heads.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

lwh69ku wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:27 pm I was more pissed about our 2 offensive possessions around 1:10 and 1:00 left. The first one was 20 seconds of aimless dribbling, Harris casually losing his dribble 30 feet from the basket with 12 on the shot clock. Furphy got up a decent shot after, but they have to have some urgency and situational awareness.

Then the next one McCullar got to the paint and chucked it out of bounds trying to hit Adams who was covered and not where McC expected him to be.
Yeah. Some bad sets. Self needs to focus on end game strategy again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:26 pm I'm usually fairly calm with losses anymore, particularly early conference losses. Today is flashback TDub. I'm irrationally angry about that game. Everything about it.
Same.
It’s the lack of effort at the end that bothered me.
We need to desperately attack rebounds like it’s the last one you’ll ever try and get.

Instead it’s, eh, maybe it’ll bounce my way.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:33 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 pm
Self

Allen Fieldhouse

and DH/Kj/KM/DH

That's how.
I guess yea.
AFH not worried about.
We have much tougher roadies than these meth heads.
We sell out everywhere. They are all tough
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
But some are tougher than others.
These road games v bad teams you need to win.

UCF is a mid B12 team.
WVU a bottom B12 team.

We have Houston, ISU, Baylor, OU and ksu on the road.