Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:59 am
holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:35 am People wonder why EB doesn’t have a HC job last night may be the reason why he never has one. I still have no idea how that offense got pants’d that bad by a pretty average Bengals defense. Mind blowing how you let that one slip away. Reid, needs to take a hard look at himself in the mirror because that loss is squarely on his shoulders. If you don’t want your wonder kid QB doing dumb stuff use your RB’s who were averaging over 5 yards a carry with the strength of your o-line against a freaking 3 man front and blow them right out of the water.

That will forever be Andy Reid’s downfall. Over thinks it, gets to cute and is to nice and then chokes.
I agree.

Also, Reid (and to some extent EB) are absolutely awful when playing with an early 2 score lead. He/They get way to conservative and let the other team build momentum while simultaneously putting their own team on edge.

I thought we were in trouble yesterday when we went 3 and out (technically 5 and out) on the first drive of the 2nd after after the debacle ending to the first half.
Thought the Chiefs were fine until Burrow escaped Jones, twice, on the 3rd and 7. Get that stop Cincy is punting from their own 23 with 8 minutes to go. I know the Chiefs hadn't done anything to that point, but they were going to bleed to clock down in a tie game. Instead Cincy went to kick a FG on that drive.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mahomes is great, but sometimes you've got to throw the ball away. I think his ego makes him think he can turn any broken play into a home run, and he frequently can, but sometimes a single is ok.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:06 am #1 is gutter and he's been doing that with KU basketball for 20+ years.

#3 and #4 are the best type of fan.

#2 might be the worst. At least you know that #1 is an asshole.
Sorry for the hijack but once again Caca felt the need to post something in regards to me so I'm going to respond.

Caca - You're an idiot. For the last 38 years I have been a loyal and at times "rabid" KU fan.
For many of the last 38 years I have been a much less but still loyal Chiefs fan.
What would I need to do to prove that to YOU? I have a strong feeling that no matter what I say or do you will still choose to be an ignorant asshole in regards to it.

The only thing you have to base your accusation/s on is what I have (and haven't) posted on the boards - so I will respond in regards to that.
A) I haven't been on the KU boards for 20+ years. So that is a false accusation.
B) I don't just show up to talk shit. That is another false accusation.
C) I am often "there" when KU (and the Chiefs) is/are winning. Sure, not always - but often.
D) Yes, I show up sometimes after a loss. As do the best of KU and Chiefs fans. Yourself included.

Forgive me for not always feeling the need/desire to participate in a circle jerk to prove my fandom - and for at times being critical when I feel it is justifiable.
Incredible that I am on here having to defend myself yet again in regards to a KU fan who chooses to come on here to be an asshole and have a hard on for me. I would think I should be insignificant to you and yet for some reason I'm not. Hmmmm. I wonder why that is. Actually, I don't really wonder at all. I think I have it pretty well figured out.

I know, I know, I'm psycho and should take my meds.

Now back to the Chiefs...........
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Just a colossal amount of errors to go around. Everyone had fault and blame.

I saw a stat yesterday that Chris Jones doesn’t have a recorded sack in his entire playoff career. Now certainly he can create pressure and him being double teamed helps other guys but that is a rather interesting stat.

And no, neither he or Clark had a sack. Clark played well against the run but i don’t even know if he had a pressure. Two of the highest paid players on the team and they both went out with a wimper.

IMO, they need to blow that defense up and start over. Hitch, Clark, Sorenson, Neiman, and Mathieu are all free to explore other options and I wouldn’t be opposed to shopping Jones either.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jones is paid a good amount but he's a good player.
Hitch, Neiman, Sorenson, Clark - no thanks.
Mathieu is all about working together on something.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:44 am Jones is paid a good amount but he's a good player.
IMO, that is the problem. A 'good player' shouldn't be paid the amount he is making. He needs to be great and yesterday he wasn't great. He was average but from yesterday's collapse the defense is definitely on the low end of the list.

Still blows my mind the Chiefs had it first and goal at the 5 with 1:05 left and three plays later ended up having to kick a 40+ yard field to tie the ball game.

Against Buffalo you felt like, or at least I felt like they were going to win that entire ball game. Yesterday even after they tied the game to go OT and won the toss I didn't feel good at all. Something was just 'off' the entire second half and Chiefs could do nothing to stop the momentum the Bengals had created.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yeah. Never felt good about OT. Someone said the Chiefs were so bad in the second half they sucked at throwing the game. Brutal. Mahomes looked like he had severe anxiety disorder. Might need a sports pyschiatrist like some of the Royals pitchers. Or a sedative before games. It was like all the stress of being great snapped him like a twig.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:44 am Jones is paid a good amount but he's a good player.
I think Jones is much better than good, but that he wears down late in seasons.

Agree the next four all need to go.

I'd prefer to have Mathieu, but he's very much on the downslope so if he can really get paid somewhere, mazel tov.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Game 20 surely figured in the sleepwalk.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Why I just submitted myself to this torture but I just watched an All 22 clip of the 3rd down strip sack and Mahomes had his guy, Kelce open. Albeit a small window he was open for the TD. He would have had to rip it and fit it in a small window but in that scenario I would live with that chance. Instead, for whatever reason Mahomes didn't trust it, pulled back and started running for his life with the eventual sack.

We give Daniel Jones a lot of grief for this 'seeing ghosts' comments but 15 can fall victim to that as well. Rightfully it started in last years Super Bowl and at least in that play on 3rd down it happened again.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I can't find breakdown footage but i've heard Pringle was open on both the 2nd and 3rd down plays.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, Chris Jones has got to make the tackle on Burrow on 3rd and 6 in the Bengals territory.
And Niemann needs to spy that break down and get to Burrow in time to cut off his run.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think a one year deal with Allen Robinson would make sense for both parties.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am I can't find breakdown footage but i've heard Pringle was open on both the 2nd and 3rd down plays.
Don't watch it, lol. Will only further drive you crazy as to what happened.

Really nice play design. Chiefs ran a 3 by 1 with Hill being the single side. Bengals doubled him. Between Pringle and Kelce it was either an in-breaking layered concept or Kelce had a choice route. Whatever it was Kelce was open. Smaller window but if Pat trusts it and lets it rip that is a winner. That is the first opportunity. Second is about two seconds later Pat is moving right and has Pringle coming over the middle in the end zone wide open and also doesn't rip it. From there he panics, scrambles around and eventually gets sacked.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shit, Pringle is jumping up and down.
As soon as the roaming DE stopped playing the zone, Mahomes should have looked to the open space he created, which Pringle ran into.
Ouch.

https://twitter.com/FootballPost/status ... 2290964486
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It was two years ago that the Falcons defensive staff said that as good as 15 is he can still get confused. On that play either he was confused or his own mind got in the way of his instincts.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:33 am Why I just submitted myself to this torture but I just watched an All 22 clip of the 3rd down strip sack and Mahomes had his guy, Kelce open. Albeit a small window he was open for the TD. He would have had to rip it and fit it in a small window but in that scenario I would live with that chance. Instead, for whatever reason Mahomes didn't trust it, pulled back and started running for his life with the eventual sack.

We give Daniel Jones a lot of grief for this 'seeing ghosts' comments but 15 can fall victim to that as well. Rightfully it started in last years Super Bowl and at least in that play on 3rd down it happened again.
Something like ten tipped-ball picks in a season will do that to a guy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I disagree with that tweet that he had Kelce wide open - at the 3 second mark.
That DE isn't a coverage guy but he is 6 foot 5 and he's in that zone coverage - Mahomes would have had to make a very good throw there ( which he can do ).

The 6 second mark, right when the DE starts to blitz, is all sorts of pain cave, as many NFL QBs could have made that throw.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:04 am Shit, Pringle is jumping up and down.
As soon as the roaming DE stopped playing the zone, Mahomes should have looked to the open space he created, which Pringle ran into.
Ouch.

https://twitter.com/FootballPost/status ... 2290964486
Yikes. That’s really bad.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It really is.
Painfully so.