Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

Just so we’re all on the same page here: this is how he is when in a controlled, produced environment. This is not “gaffe.”

https://x.com/rpsagainsttrump/status/17 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Days after he confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, Trump now says that E. Jean Carroll who sues him is “running for office”.

Trump is not well.
#TrumpMentalHealth
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm It's just funny readings some of these comments. The most obvious fact that no one has mentioned yet is that the average Joe was much better off when Trump was in office than today. That is what this is mostly about. Forget all that "it's a cult.." and other nonsense.
Last time it was put to the "average Joes", 7+ million more of them voted for Biden.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This is what he says after having been found liable for sexual assault, while the jury is deliberating on damages:

https://x.com/trumpdailyposts/status/17 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
The only right, honest, and lawful thing that Clinton-appointed Judge Lewis Kaplan, who has so far been unable to see clearly because of his absolute hatred of Donald J. Trump (ME!), can do is to end this unAmerican injustice being done to a President of the United States, who was wrongfully accused by a woman he never met, saw, or touched (a photo line does not count!), and knows absolutely nothing about. I have been considered an A-List celebrity for many decades, so even decades ago, since no one knows which date or dates to refer to, because the accusing woman can’t say the day, month, season, year, or decade, it would have been impossible for me to walk into a crowded department store (surrounded by buildings I own), right opposite the cashiers’ checkout desk, without being written about on Page Six, and every other outlet at the time. Remember, those gossip columnists were, perhaps, even more vicious and obsessed than the Internet of today.…
Setting aside the question of how anyone can support an adjudged sexual abuser in the first place - this nihilistic, self-destructive pouring of gasoline on the fire should give us all grave concern over the lengths to which he is willing to go to get the last word.

He has already lost. He knows that doing this just makes his loss worse.

He does not care, because he either knows he’s effectively bankrupt already (what’s another Saturday detention, anyway) - OR - he is so mentally and emotionally ill that he is incapable of reason.

That is part of what makes all of these lawsuits and proceedings relevant: they are windows into how he would use power if given the keys again.

He is telling you, out loud, over and over again, that he does not believe himself to be accountable for his actions or words. Ever. In any circumstance. Nothing can ever fill him up.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The Illinois State Board of Elections is expected on Tuesday to vote on whether former President Trump should be removed from the state’s primary ballot under the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:38 pm The Illinois State Board of Elections is expected on Tuesday to vote on whether former President Trump should be removed from the state’s primary ballot under the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment...
They did the right thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/illinois-ele ... 31870.html
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:37 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:38 pm The Illinois State Board of Elections is expected on Tuesday to vote on whether former President Trump should be removed from the state’s primary ballot under the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment...
They did the right thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/illinois-ele ... 31870.html
Whether what they did was "right" or "wrong," it was practical. This board knows that it will not be the last and final word, so it is understandable that they didn't feel the need to attach their names to a ruling that is unfavorable to Trump.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Well of course they don't want their names out there for doing the right thing. The woke mob would do everything they can to harass and likely use physical violence against people who just do what is right.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:54 am Well of course they don't want their names out there for doing the right thing. The woke mob would do everything they can to harass and likely use physical violence against people who just do what is right.
Giggle.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:54 am Well of course they don't want their names out there for doing the right thing. The woke mob would do everything they can to harass and likely use physical violence against people who just do what is right.
Eh, you literally just said a few posts earlier that they did the right thing.

Feel free to provide links of the woke mob doing everything they can to harass and use physical force against them now that they have acted. I won't hold my breath because it isn't happening.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:25 pm

Feel free to provide links of the woke mob doing everything they can to harass and use physical force against them now that they have acted. I won't hold my breath because it isn't happening.
Get yer Revisionist History (False Equivalency) hat on.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:35 pm

Just randomly barfing out statements with zero thought put to them at all. I doubt Cassandra even noticed that the posts completely contradicted one another. We are stuck in the worst B-movie ever.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... rcna136176

"The Idaho Senate voted Thursday 27-8 to advance a bill that defines “domestic terrorism” as requiring the involvement of foreign groups. According to the bill, if there’s no foreign involvement, then there can be no domestic terrorism."

I feel dumber having read that and am ashamed that government officials are spending tax dollars and time to put such asinine legislature through.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:41 pm

Just randomly barfing out statements with zero thought put to them at all. I doubt Cassandra even noticed that the posts completely contradicted one another. We are stuck in the worst B-movie ever.

"The Idaho Senate voted Thursday 27-8 to advance a bill that defines “domestic terrorism” as requiring the involvement of foreign groups. According to the bill, if there’s no foreign involvement, then there can be no domestic terrorism."

I feel dumber having read that and am ashamed that government officials are spending tax dollars and time to put such asinine legislature through.
You usually should not ascribe malice to something that can be explained by stupidity.

Usually.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:43 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:41 pm

You usually should not ascribe malice to something that can be explained by stupidity.

Usually.
"Stupid" is fine.

"Stupid people creating stupid laws that everyone has to live under" is not fine.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’m not sure it’s only stupid though, in the context that (I would imagine) it is being drafted for.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Well, all one has to do is look at what happened to the country after George Floyd died. The officer was just following policy that was imposed by a black Chief. You can argue if that policy was right or wrong, but it was the state that imposed it. If you're against it, then you are admitting the government was wrong.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:58 pm

Well, all one has to do is look at what happened to the country after George Floyd died. The officer was just following policy that was imposed by a black Chief. You can argue if that policy was right or wrong, but it was the state that imposed it. If you're against it, then you are admitting the government was wrong.
This has (science incoming) fuck all to do with what we’re discussing here, but carry on I guess.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You sure are sure about a lot of things that you turn out to be completely wrong about.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/de ... s-n1263079

Chief Medaria Arradondo, the first Black person to hold the position, described Floyd's death as "tragic" and said it "was not due to a lack of training."

"This was murder — it wasn't a lack of training," Arradondo said, adding that that was why he "took swift action" and fired the four officers involved in the incident a day after Floyd's death.

"Once Mr. Floyd had stopped resisting, and certainly once he was in distress and trying to verbalize that, that should have stopped," Arradondo responded.

"There's an initial reasonableness in trying to just get him under control in the first few seconds," Arradondo said. "But once there was no longer any resistance, and clearly when Mr. Floyd was no longer responsive and even motionless, to continue to apply that level of force to a person proned out, handcuffed behind their back, that in no way, shape or form is anything that is by policy. It is not part of our training, and it is certainly not part of our ethics or values.

During his testimony, Arradondo explained departmental policy on when force and de-escalation tactics are necessary. He said Chauvin, a 19-year veteran of the force, failed to follow policies on de-escalation, use of force and the duty to render aid to people who need it when he knelt on Floyd's neck for more than 9 minutes. Floyd, who was Black, was recorded in a widely seen bystander video repeatedly telling Chauvin, who is white, that he could not breathe.

"We have a duty of care, and so when someone's in our custody, regardless of if they are a suspect, we have an obligation to make sure that we provide for their care," Arradondo said."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lobster!!!

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:44 pm

lobster!!!

:lol:
The best (well, ?) part is the apparent psychic, automatic compulsion to mention the race/ethnicity of the chief.

What precisely is the relevance of that to even the Floyd/Chauvin matter in 2020 (let alone the relevance to, ah, the application of the Constitution to Donald Trump here in 2024)?

It's a small, flailing, nonsensical gotcha stab that really only serves to undercut any merit to the point at all (of which, to be clear, there is none).

And MAGA-land is full of this sort of this sort self-defeating junk that really does nothing more than betray fundamental weakness.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's nice to see the Biden campaign stop bringing a water pistol to a gun fight. (And it's about fucking time!)

Here's an ad they released last night on Trump's "Truth Social" website, using Nikki Halley to make their point that Trump has been a little confused, lately.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas