KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by MICHHAWK »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:12 am sooo hasn't it been like almost 3 months?
It’s coming. Don’t worry about that.

Relax. Enjoy this season. The next may be a different story altogether.
ousdahl

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/nov/ ... tions-rec/

Announced back a few weeks ago that the 90-day deadline would be mid-February.

NCAA suspended the original response when allegations were delivered on Sept 23, to having the 90-day response clock start on November 21st.
Oh interesting, thanks.

I was kinda hoping KU’s resonance would be expeditious.

Is there any advantage to us dragging our feet too?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Delay as long as possible to make the decision happen after the tournament?

If they went quick, verdict could have been delivered before tournament.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Would/could they impose a penalty on a current season?

If/when they make a decision, it’ll likely end up in court either way, right?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sure, but I don't think KU would want to risk that.

Just drag as long as you possibly can. Don't think there is a real benefit to go fast with this process.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder whether KU is gonna make the fight bigger than the allegations themselves...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh, I think Kansas is going to come out swinging haymakers left and right. Don't know if it'll do them any good in their immediate case, but it will probably open the eyes to plenty by seeing how rampant this truly is in NCAA sports.

And they won't go down easy and they won't go down without every avenue exhausted. Again, don't think it'll change anything for this exact case but I do think it will cause the NCAA to change/modify rules regarding paying athletes.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Shook Hardy & Bacon
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Feel a little better finally with some truth on the Bol Bol story.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/stat ... 26273?s=21
I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

And that is the account you want to follow in the Nike Trial. This thread is play by play transcript.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/stat ... 64353?s=21
I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

And if you want the cliff notes and meaningful stuff.

These two.

https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/status/ ... 91874?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Nike being sloppy enough to get caught would be bigger news to me than them doing anything of this sort.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Until the FBI stuff broke about Adidas I don't think anyone from Nike probably thought they needed to hide some of this stuff other than from the NCAA.

So while I think the money would obviously be hidden, some of the talking about players probably wouldn't.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Can't postseason ban everyone. Let's hope this blows up before they try to punish us.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yep, would love it to blow up on the Nike side.
Just Ledoux it
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

They’ve been on lunch for a while. Cross examination coming on Nike Should get interesting they’ve owned up to some already. Nike was trying to block previous government testimony...

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/stat ... 66400?s=21
I am, I said.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Chickens coming home to roost.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Finally getting some questions in there. Nike has been objecting and getting a lot of examination curbed.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/stat ... 23712?s=21
I am, I said.