Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2020-21 Jayhawks

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 pm interesting

woulda thought Enaruna would have that spot pretty much clinched

i’ll take it as a good sign
Think TGF gets that final spot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Or Thompson! Yeesh.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Thompson is brought on a bit slower. Lack of true offseason prep is going to hurt him early on. TGF used to higher level of competition with high end JUCO ball, which gives him nod early.

Enaruna is going to be just fine in that 8th guy role. Can play 3 or 4 positions and play it somewhat decently. Going to be a very versatile piece off the bench, just can't start him and keyhole him into a role.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wilson might make a case for starter too.

I’m wondering how much go Tristian might get as the teeny ball 5 man
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, it's pretty obvious it's going to be a 9-man rotation.

Guess for starters game 1:
Garrett
Och
Braun
TGF
McCormack

Bench will be really good:
Thompson
Wilson
Enaruna
Mitch

Don't think Harris will play yet, but he'll be the PG the minute Marcus leaves. Jossell is a long term guy.. Muscadin the long big guy to not make rotation. He's way too raw right now.

And it's been talked about plenty, but the shortest guy on the rotation is going to be 6'5. That's insane. The height on this team is something we really haven't seen at KU from all positions, couple that with the athleticism that they all have. This is going to be a stingy ass defense.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think Harris will play at least some.

Of course, that assumes he’s at least far enough along to give a few minutes a game. He’s a second year player too, which helps.

But the big thing might be, if Self wants a small guard out there.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I could see Braun being the backup pg
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yep.

But, weird year, though. Need all available bodies.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

After Self’s bulletin bored comments, I love the thought of how hard the other guys are going for that last starting spot
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I assume they have been isolating and frankly I don't always wear a mask when I am outside either but come on guys. If you are going to have a mask on your face it's a good idea to wear it correctly.
Before anyone attacks me, sorry I care about their and other's well being.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The medical and coaching staff need to do a better job enforcing b/c they absolutely should be wearing their masks correctly along with taking other precautions.

While I'm not surprised that a bunch of 18-22 year olds are not being 100% compliant, I can't figure out why KU athletics would post these photos to the social media accounts.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Guys practice with each other every day and they are outside, just with each other.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I happen to agree with you that it should probably be "meh" but if it is/was as simple as the guys only practicing with each other and their being outside - just with each other.

Problem is the NCAA and their rules/requirements/recommendations.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-insti ... basketball

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-insti ... basketball

Anyways, the guys arrived safely and are hanging at the Westin. Less than 42 hours til game time.
God willing they play the game.

If you look closely on the plane, there is at least one Zager who doesn't seem to want to wear his mask properly either. Probably not too smart of Gonzaga to include that in this video.

https://twitter.com/ZagMBB/status/13313 ... gr%5Etweet
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I hope they dont sweat on each other or breath near each other during practice or the game.

In all seriousness....if we are concerned about proper mask wearing (valid, tho i dont know about teammates outside)....then there is no way people should be encouraging games to be played.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pmIn all seriousness....if we are concerned about proper mask wearing (valid, tho i dont know about teammates outside)....then there is no way people should be encouraging games to be played.
I’m not particularly worried about the players’ health. But, there are legitimate questions as to whether noncon CBB should even be played. Some even suggest, pretty fairly, that it borders on the height of stupidity to even try to do so. Games are getting canceled left and right.

We’ve been told by all of these early game marketing coordinators that every precaution is being taken and it’s all going to run smoothly. So, I just really don’t understand why pics would be posted of athletes taking chartered jets across the country to play a game during these trying public health and athletic department financial times that can’t be bothered to take the easiest precaution.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Self has been terrific at really understanding the social injustices occurring in the country today. And he’s don’t a great job of being a leader for his guys and having their backs, but letting them do the talking and all of that. Well done.

https://twitter.com/kuathletics/status/ ... 92256?s=21

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:47 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pmIn all seriousness....if we are concerned about proper mask wearing (valid, tho i dont know about teammates outside)....then there is no way people should be encouraging games to be played.
I’m not particularly worried about the players’ health. But, there are legitimate questions as to whether noncon CBB should even be played. Some even suggest, pretty fairly, that it borders on the height of stupidity to even try to do so. Games are getting canceled left and right.

We’ve been told by all of these early game marketing coordinators that every precaution is being taken and it’s all going to run smoothly. So, I just really don’t understand why pics would be posted of athletes taking chartered jets across the country to play a game during these trying public health and athletic department financial times that can’t be bothered to take the easiest precaution.
Right. Same reason we're fining NFL coaches $100,000 even though they're tested all the time and aren't breathing on people.

The optics matter. Not good to have public figures not following the rules.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU NSDU in AFH Saturday the 5th. 3pm on ESPN+.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

not very much talk about DMac

i know it’s early still, but what gives? really expected him to be more effective in all aspects. seems like he’s plateaued, at best...if i’m being honest though, it looks like he’s regressed
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He was never this bad last year and I think it’s safe to say he hasn’t gotten worse.

He’s hurt. He’s having a slow start.
I still think he will start and play major minutes and be a much better player than he’s showing.