Dogs

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Dogs

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Dog probably drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes daily.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I was just reading somewhere about someone taking their dog camping in Colorado. The dog started acting woozy and they rushed it to the vet (2 hrs away). Vet determined that the dog had gotten into someone's cannabis or had eaten human feces. Apparently, it is a thing.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i heard a vet describe a dog that had gotten into gummies as “fighting dragons”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Back in the 80s my buddy had a dog that loved to get high. He would blow smoke in the dog's mouth. To me it was animal abuse and not cool but my buddy insisted he never "forced" the dog - and no doubt the dog seemed to enjoy herself.

I like most dogs. My new neighbor has an ugly mutt with an aggressive temperament and it barks uncontrollably - often. Clearly not an ideal apartment dog for several reasons.
I would never intentionally harm a dog unless it was a threat to me but at some point I may be tempted to slip some dog laxative/s under the neighbor's door when he leaves.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You ever think that maybe people aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm You ever think that maybe people with dogs aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings?
Fyp
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:51 pm Back in the 80s my buddy had a dog that loved to get high. He would blow smoke in the dog's mouth. To me it was animal abuse and not cool but my buddy insisted he never "forced" the dog - and no doubt the dog seemed to enjoy herself.

I like most dogs. My new neighbor has an ugly mutt with an aggressive temperament and it barks uncontrollably - often. Clearly not an ideal apartment dog for several reasons.
I would never intentionally harm a dog unless it was a threat to me but at some point I may be tempted to slip some dog laxative/s under the neighbor's door when he leaves.
you should slip a brochure for dog training under the door instead. a kennel/crate often does wonders for such behaviors
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm You ever think that maybe people aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings?
everytime I see one.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DrPepper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm You ever think that maybe people aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings?
Yes. Every time I think people should never have been "created"/"evolved" and the planet would be a much better place if only animals existed.

So if people aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings who/what do you think are supposed to live in apartment buildings?

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:16 pm
DrPepper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:55 pm You ever think that maybe people with dogs aren't supposed to live in apartment buildings?
Fyp
Just rode up the elevator with a fantastic dog. While I would agree that it's generally better for dogs to live in houses, some dogs are great in apartment buildings and have owners that are very good to them. Just as some people who have dogs in houses are lousy dog owners.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:19 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:51 pm Back in the 80s my buddy had a dog that loved to get high. He would blow smoke in the dog's mouth. To me it was animal abuse and not cool but my buddy insisted he never "forced" the dog - and no doubt the dog seemed to enjoy herself.

you should slip a brochure for dog training under the door instead. a kennel/crate often does wonders for such behaviors
Excellent suggestion. Of course I don't fault the dog and I actually feel sorry for it.
I said to a woman in the elevator with a dog tonight - "Your dog looks very sweet". She said he is but he can get a little wild. I replied, "As he probably should. He's a dog and he should enjoy being a dog".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:00 pm
everytime I see one.
I have mixed feelings. I'm not a big fan but when I think about the plenty of people who decided to build homes on land that was once roamed freely by animals, I think a heck of a lot of people pretty much suck in regards to where they have chosen to live and lay claim to.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Do you ever think that maybe people shouldn’t reproduce at such a high rate?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DrPepper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:02 pm Do you ever think that maybe people shouldn’t reproduce at such a high rate?
Yes. I started to give you a long response but figure "yes" is all that really needed to be said in response to your question.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:58 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:16 pm
Fyp
Just rode up the elevator with a fantastic dog. While I would agree that it's generally better for dogs to live in houses, some dogs are great in apartment buildings and have owners that are very good to them. Just as some people who have dogs in houses are lousy dog owners.
not fair to the dog, not fair to the owner. dogs don't belong in apartment buildings. Even moreso than humans don't belong in apartment buildings.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Part of the reason why I don't own a dog is because I don't think it's "fair" to leave a dog alone in a one bedroom apartment all day long. Another reason is because I feel it would suck for a dog to have to ride up and down 50 floors (often with other people and dogs) in an elevator every time it has to relieve itself.
That being said, some apartments are larger (more square footage) than houses and as I mentioned before, some apartment owners/renters are much better dog owners than some people who live in houses.
Also, as I joked with Dr. Pepper, if humans don't belong in apartment buildings - who does?
I understand some reasons why people are opposed to them (and agree with a few of them) but there are also some benefits to their existence for humans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Apartment buildings are a must if you aren’t very very well off and want to live in a city.

So are we saying people shouldn’t live in cities?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

It's not a must for me to live in an apartment in the city but there are more advantages than disadvantages - for me - right now.
If I wasn't working in the city, my mother didn't live in the city, and my doctors were not in the city, then yes - I would probably prefer to live in a house in a nearby suburb. Especially if I had a family.

Unfortunately apartments (rentals) in the city of Chicago are not very "affordable". On average, over $2000 a month for 750 square feet and of course that includes the "bad" neighborhoods in the average. 43% of apartments (various/all sizes) in the city are over $2000 a month.
My hood.... I just read the median rental price for a studio is about $1,608, a one-bedroom is approximately $2,199, two-bedroom apartments average $3,529, and three-bedrooms are around $5,624. I actually think that's a low assessment - today.
A guy I know who lives down the block lived in a 2 bed room and his land lord wanted to raise his rent $1000 a month from last year. He basically told them to go fuck themselves but the bottom line is a lot of people are paying that "market" rate right now and I feel it's insane!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess I was thinking NY and San Fran.
I forget you can still get a single fam house in Chicago—though I’d argue you still have to be well off.
Or your commute is very much impacted.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Bingo!

Back to dogs......
Literally thousands (if not 10s/100s of thousands) of good videos I could post but I just viewed this one.

https://twitter.com/Yoda4ever/status/15 ... 5132892160