Re: Violence

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what’s with the wildling garb?

fur, horns, spears...
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 am
Grandma wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 am You can't make this shit up.
While I place any and all blame on those who did it, it can NEVER be excused that it was "allowed" to happen.

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1 ... 3323394048
apparently this idiot recently lost a mayoral bid in texas...can’t remember for which city
I read that last night.
An interesting thing to me is when I was a kid I looked up to most (but not all) politicians.
I believed most (but not all) were smart, moral, decent/good people.
TODAY, I figure if I were to get some background on all politicians on both the "local", "state" and "federal" levels, I would conclude that most of them are whacked out and I wouldn't even want them to "lead" my flag football team let alone my city, state, and country.
On a related side note - Think about this. Our current President is an Ivy League educated man that many consider/ed to be a "financial/business" genius. My hope is right now most people feel (and know) he's a fucking moron and a complete asshole.
Deleted User 289

There is one thing that bothers me about this.
It's the "snitch" factor.
I would be extremely hesitant to a) want to deal with the FBI to ANY degree and b) narc on some psycho who probably has psycho friends (and probably family members).
I am sure the FBI would say it's "anonymous" and they could/would "protect me" but is it really worth it to get involved? No thanks.
Deleted User 89

i would turn someone in lickety-split
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm
sdoyel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:15 pm The DC police force was in on this.

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/13 ... 27968?s=21
This goes back to the point some of us made yesterday. They were outnumbered in so many ways. What could they really do?
I have been outnumbered numerous times in tactical events.
This is fucking shocking to me. No question inside help. Treasonous.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 am i would turn someone in lickety-split
You are not a giant pussy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you’re afraid to report a terrorist, then that might mean the terrorists won
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Parallels meaning large amounts of people protesting and rioting.

Like dunking a basketball.
Sometimes it's a dunk in the middle of the game in a tight match. Other times it's a dunk after a steal when your team is down 50 and the opponent is just trying to dribble it out.

It is still a dunk.
Deleted User 89

Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:26 pm Parallels meaning large amounts of people protesting and rioting.

Like dunking a basketball.
Sometimes it's a dunk in the middle of the game in a tight match. Other times it's a dunk after a steal when your team is down 50 and the opponent is just trying to dribble it out.

It is still a dunk.
sorry, but that’s straight up lobster logic

one group was protesting for racial and social justice, while the other was protesting for a faux stolen election
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Am I taking crazy pills?
It was, by the words we use to define things, a protest that turned into a riot.
I'm not arguing the cause behind them are the same.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

maybe it’s worth pointing out that while both are technically dunks, the similarities end right there. So what good is making that analogy?

But nonetheless, kind of a clever analogy, especially among hoops fans, so let’s roll with it.

Civil rights protests are the dunk mid game in a tight match that hopes to affect some future outcome.

Storming the Capitol in a blatant attack on the democratic process is stealing for a dunk at the end of a blowout. It’s butthurt looser shit that doesn’t change a thing toward the actual outcome.
Last edited by ousdahl on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, these magaheads are all the white jeans.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The subject doesn't matter. You have a right to peacefully protest. I don't care if the premise is false, crazy, anti-democratic, or whatever. If you don't like it, make counter-points to their ideas, but don't attack the people for simply protesting.

And, no matter what the subject is, you don't have a right to storm into a property that you're not allowed in, set fires, or be violent.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:32 pm Am I taking crazy pills?
It was, by the words we use to define things, a protest that turned into a riot.
I'm not arguing the cause behind them are the same.
In this case the comparison is specious at best. In this case we can’t say that it was “a protest that turned into a riot”. Rioting was the mildest thing on those who participated in the events at the Capitol. One doesn’t come equipped with zip ties, firearms and Malatov’s cocktail to a protest.
Deleted User 289

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:02 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 am i would turn someone in lickety-split
You are not a giant pussy.
I am 100% torn on my feelings about snitching.

This might be extreme but I feel if you don't snitch, you are basically aiding and abetting a criminal and helping to enable them to commit more crimes.

That being said, you (Jeeper) claim (or at least imply) someone is a "giant pussy" if they don't snitch.
Let me ask you this. If someone has seen a person who was killed because they were a "snitch" and forgetting about themself after that, they wouldn't want a loved one to be "retaliation"/"retribution"/"vengeance" for their being a snitch - are they still a "giant pussy" to you?
Well, I just might prefer to be a "giant pussy" who stays alive (and doesn't possibly put my family member/s well being in jeopardy) as opposed to some tough guy who is naive and goes ahead and snitches - and gets himself or someone he cares about killed because of it.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 am what’s with the wildling garb?

fur, horns, spears...
When your goal is "get a cool selfie of myself being a rebellious patriot to build up my digital persona" you need a really memorable costume.