CFB 2022

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: CFB 2022

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

God (I don't believe in "God" per se) willing, I am supposed to go to the NCAA/CFP National Championship game in LA.
What two teams will be playing?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:48 am God (I don't believe in "God" per se) willing, I am supposed to go to the NCAA/CFP National Championship game in LA.
What two teams will be playing?
Georgia and OSU but there are still a lot of games left.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

That's probably who I would guess right now. I do feel Clemson will be undefeated going in to the playoff. That's 3 teams in the playoff. The 4th is a tough call.
I would laugh if TCU goes undefeated and somehow doesn't make the playoff.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Worthless predictions....

OSU/PSU +15.5
TCU/WVU +7.5
ND +2/SYR
FLA +22.5/GEO
ORE -17/CAL
OKST +1.5/KSU
WAKE/LOUVLE +4
ILL/NEB +7.5
CINCI +1.5/UCF
MISSOU/SCAR -3.5
KENTKY/TENN -12
USC/AZ +15.5
MSU +22.5/MICH
OLEMS -1.5/TXAM
PITT/UNC -3
STAN +16.5/UCLA
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:17 pm That's probably who I would guess right now. I do feel Clemson will be undefeated going in to the playoff. That's 3 teams in the playoff. The 4th is a tough call.
I would laugh if TCU goes undefeated and somehow doesn't make the playoff.
Just think most likely two years from now a 12 team playoff.

Two years from now we could still have QB JD in a Big12 with out OU and UT, we in the playoffs for sure.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Who lit a fire under statie
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You really have to envy ksus football program.

Manhattan Kansas and fielding good to groodish team year after year.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

State got very lucky on when they played OSU. I imagine we will see no subs no huddle humiliated cowboys. Nebraska need look no further for their coach. KSU filled the Nub void.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KStates offensive line is really fucking good.

Illy could have carried Mich through some of those holes without even pulling Psychs cock out of his mouth
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:33 pm Who lit a fire under statie
Good question! One I have is - who put out the fire under OSU?
I don't typically give the guy credit but I do give him credit for this.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/30/m ... nsas-state
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kansas better be ready for a fight. For all the good timing in BB and the early part of this season, we get to follow Pearl Harbor again with a Karate Kid remake.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

First CFP rankings out last night.

1. Tennessee
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Clemson
5. Michigan
6. Alabama
7. TCU

Other notables
13. kstate
18. oSu
24. Texas
25. Future Big 12 member UCF
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TCU kinda screwed there but it should work itself out.
TCU has to go undefeated at the very least in the regular season to have any shot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

how is Texas 24?
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:00 pmhow is Texas 24?
Good question. Here is another one. Who would you put ahead of them that isn't? I can't think of one.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm too lazy to do my worthless predictions yet I am not too lazy to share what may be a lot of thoughts.

As a college football fan, I am really looking forward to Saturday.
I would go to the tOSU / NU game but the weather is supposed to be crap. Rain and potential 50 mph wind gusts. If I was a bettor I might take NU with the points.
Heck, I might have considered going to the Clemson/Notre Dame game. Pretty much the same weather forecast.

Will be better off staying home and watching part/s of the KU game but admit I will mostly be watching the Tennessee/Georgia game at the same time.

If LSU beats Bama is Bama done no matter what they do/did the rest of the way? I figure they would be.
I believe if Bama beats LSU, then Ole Miss next week, (and then Auburn), even though it will take a lot of help, they are going to the CFP Playoffs - even if they lose to the SEC East team in the SEC
Championship game.

I hope ND beats Clemson because selfishly I don't want to see Clemson play on January 9th. Problem is I'm not 100% convinced a loss to ND keeps them out of the CFP Playoffs.
Clemson's last 3 games are all at home against Louisville, Miami, and South Carolina. They are not going to lose in the ACC Championship game.

My 4 spots......
Figure Tennessee loses to Georgia. Tennessee is out because then they won't play in the SEC Championship game.
So.....
Georgia is in.
Winner of the Michigan / tOSU game goes.
Clemson goes.
Bama "sneaks" in. Although, I'm not sure how you would take a 2 loss Bama team over an undefeated TCU team and if either UCLA, Oregon, or USC don't lose another game would one of them sneak/get in? Maybe.
Stay tuned......
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shame games don't end after the first quarter.
Northwestern would have beaten Ohio State and Texas Tech would have beaten TCU.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:34 am I'm too lazy to do my worthless predictions yet I am not too lazy to share what may be a lot of thoughts.

As a college football fan, I am really looking forward to Saturday.
I would go to the tOSU / NU game but the weather is supposed to be crap. Rain and potential 50 mph wind gusts. If I was a bettor I might take NU with the points.
Heck, I might have considered going to the Clemson/Notre Dame game. Pretty much the same weather forecast.

Will be better off staying home and watching part/s of the KU game but admit I will mostly be watching the Tennessee/Georgia game at the same time.

If LSU beats Bama is Bama done no matter what they do/did the rest of the way? I figure they would be.
I believe if Bama beats LSU, then Ole Miss next week, (and then Auburn), even though it will take a lot of help, they are going to the CFP Playoffs - even if they lose to the SEC East team in the SEC
Championship game.

I hope ND beats Clemson because selfishly I don't want to see Clemson play on January 9th. Problem is I'm not 100% convinced a loss to ND keeps them out of the CFP Playoffs.
Clemson's last 3 games are all at home against Louisville, Miami, and South Carolina. They are not going to lose in the ACC Championship game.

My 4 spots......
Figure Tennessee loses to Georgia. Tennessee is out because then they won't play in the SEC Championship game.
So.....
Georgia is in.
Winner of the Michigan / tOSU game goes.
Clemson goes.
Bama "sneaks" in. Although, I'm not sure how you would take a 2 loss Bama team over an undefeated TCU team and if either UCLA, Oregon, or USC don't lose another game would one of them sneak/get in? Maybe.
Stay tuned......
Bama has to win out to get in. Lose and they out. I actually thinK ND can beat Clemson and if they do then Clemson going to have hard time getting in.

Man that Tenn UGA game. Because of the current ranking in the CFP Tenn could actually lose and still get in playoffs.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I kind of like this. (see link below). I'm tempted to buy a Clemson "share" because it's cheap and if they beat ND today I think they are going to make the CFP Playoffs but..... They will probably have a tough time beating their opponent to get to the championship.

https://cfp-rsvp.com/home
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Texas defense looking good so far.