NFL Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
DeletedUser

Re: NFL Offseason 2024

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 am Just a reminder that Butker's mother is Elizabeth Keller Butker.....
LOL

Thanks for the reminder, coach!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 am
twocoach wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 am Just a reminder that Butker's mother is Elizabeth Keller Butker.....
LOL

Thanks for the reminder, coach!
Do you have a point to make about the topic?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He went Mich. Women shouldn't work? Judge not lest ye also be judged Butker. Attack democracy and expect no consequences. I would cut him. Kaepernick did much less but was a person of color and they tore into him and blacklisted him. NFL Lost the lawsuit too. If the NFL wants to be WWE and Franklin Graham, lots better ways to spend time and money by thoughtful fans.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:35 pm NFL teaming with Netflix for big ticket games.

God Damnit.
Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) will live-stream two National Football League games on Christmas Day, a big step in the streamer's modest inching into live sports broadcasting.

The company reached a three-season deal with the NFL and will broadcast the two marquee games this Christmas, and at least one holiday game on each of the next two Christmas Days.

Netflix (NFLX) has tended to focus on "sports-adjacent" series and has downplayed live broadcasts even as other streamers (notably Amazon (AMZN) and ESPN sibling Hulu (DIS) (CMCSA)) charged into the space. But it's been making increasing inroads into live sports, with the most notable recent example being its deal to stream a fight between former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson and YouTube celebrity Jake Paul this summer.

This move marks Netflix's first football games, though, and high-profile games to boot.

“Last year, we decided to take a big bet on live — tapping into massive fandoms across comedy, reality TV, sports, and more,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Bela Bajaria. “There are no live annual events, sports or otherwise, that compare with the audiences NFL football attracts. We’re so excited that the NFL’s Christmas Day games will be only on Netflix.”

Last year, the three games on Christmas day all ranked among the top 25 ratings-grabbers for the year -- and the notable Raiders-Chiefs game with Taylor Swift in attendance drew the highest Christmas viewership since 1988, Netflix notes.

Netflix stock (NFLX) was up 1.4% after the first hour of trading Wednesday.

The NFL announces its full 2024 schedule Wednesday night.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 pm I both understand ( vampires thirsting for profit on profit ) why the NFL is pushing the limits of user experience and don’t understand—you are making SO MUCH BANK don’t fuck it up. Cruise control and it’s year over year profit.

I’m going to intentionally look to pirate and not spend on a single NFL thing if they continue the route they are. I won’t be the only one…but even if I’m rare, there will be people who will just start skipping games.

Don’t do it NFL.
I hear you.

But I also know you're a proponent of things that keep the playing field somewhat level (especially for small-market teams).

The way the NFL achieves this result (specifically, the way the NFL can maintain a capped system, with the cap growing every year) is by relying heavily on central, national revenue streams from which all teams benefit. That means, maybe not MAXIMIZING the squeeze, but certainly going in that direction until consumers express an unwillingness to go further.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong. There is certainly an argument that moderation here is the wiser long-term play. But I think making the various outlets compete with each other for the rights is a very logical way to grow the central pot, and it's the growth in the central pot that enables a capped system that keeps small-market teams competitive.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You’re assuming the NFL isn’t end over end profitable which they are.

They don’t need to get more profitable,
They can remain a similar or even less level of profit and still make a killing.

I will be pirating the Chiefs game on Xmas.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am conflicted. I want to watch the Chiefs, but I also want to see a kicker not wearing jack boots.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Please forgive my ignorance. Why would it cost me or anyone else $876 to watch games on Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC? I can understand it costing money to watch games on ESPN.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think it is "every" game using cable, streaming and Sunday Ticket.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:16 pm I think it is "every" game using cable, streaming and Sunday Ticket.
I'm telling y'all, just bookmark this and come back to it when the season starts.....

https://nflhunter.com/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think games with commercials are already monetized too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 pm
Please forgive my ignorance. Why would it cost me or anyone else $876 to watch games on Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC? I can understand it costing money to watch games on ESPN.
Because you have to pay for access to those channels via cable, YouTubeTV or some other provider unless you're using an over the air TV with bunny ears on it still.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am
Because you have to pay for access to those channels via cable, YouTubeTV or some other provider unless you're using an over the air TV with bunny ears on it still.
Ok, that makes sense but then that means you are paying to watch any and every NFL game regardless of what it is broadcasted on.
Gee, maybe they should have added electricity cost/s too?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have an HD antenna, no bunny ears.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

99, you are an exemplar of the perfect fan.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:12 am

Ok, that makes sense but then that means you are paying to watch any and every NFL game regardless of what it is broadcasted on.
Gee, maybe they should have added electricity cost/s too?
Agreed. You don't get popular memes by basing them on reality. Gotta make them as absurd as possible.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Other interesting notes from the schedule.

The Ravens also play 3 games in that same 11 day stretch as the Chiefs from Dec 15-25 as do both the Texans and the Steelers.

The Ravens play 10 games against teams that made the playoffs last season.

The Bears and the Steelers don't play a single divisional game until Week 11. Pittsburgh then ends with 6 of their last 8 games against divisional rivals with their only 2 non-divisional games vs. the Eagles and the Chiefs.

The Lions only play outdoors once in the first 15 weeks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That all just seems odd.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

With this many teams, tv platforms and stadium types, odd things are inevitable. The more popular a team, the more likely they get put in prime time and have to deal with such oddness.

Can't wait for training camp to start. The season will be here before we know it and the Chiefs pursuit of a threepeat will be underway. I still can't quite wrap my brain around that.