Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by DCHawk1 »

Also, word on the street is that "late in the year" is after the election.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:25 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:09 am Michelle Obama is wildly unpopular?

:lol:

goddamn you’re dumb
Easily, repeatedly, and inarguably the "most respected" woman in the world, survey after survey, time and time again.
She has already talked to Tay Tray about being her running mate.

The rubes are gonna lose their fuckin minds. The White House will be repainted in rainbow stripes and all press conference will include a vegetarian recipe reading. Fox will make trillions off rube snowflake grievance appeasement. Putin will withdraw from Ukraine because his VP trumpty will advise not to mess with the girls when there is blood coming out of their eyes, or blood coming out of their wherever.

It's going to be a crazy 8 year run with the economy and stock market booming.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

"It's going to be a crazy 8 year run with the economy and stock market booming."

I'm glad you have a sense of humor. :D
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:26 pm Also, word on the street is that "late in the year" is after the election.
Ok. You've been adamant that Biden would not be the nominee - is that changing to inauguree?

For my part, I'm not saying what you're saying can't happen. I am, though, saying that "you don't know who you're even voting for" would be of a piece with much of the MAGA right's scare-messaging.

So, forgive my skepticism.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:09 am Michelle Obama is wildly unpopular?

goddamn you’re dumb
Easily, repeatedly, and inarguably the "most respected" woman in the world, survey after survey, time and time again.
Sort of like how Donald Trump is one of the most "admired" if not "respected" men in the world.
Yet, I KNOW (not think) there are A LOT people in this country who hate (hate is a strong word) Michelle Obama. Amazing how all that works.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Trump is both loved and hated very extremely. But neither of that applies to me because I'm not voting for him, as I've said before. My complaint is that the dems have no plan to beat him with a better candidate.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:58 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:26 pm Also, word on the street is that "late in the year" is after the election.
Ok. You've been adamant that Biden would not be the nominee - is that changing to inauguree?

For my part, I'm not saying what you're saying can't happen. I am, though, saying that "you don't know who you're even voting for" would be of a piece with much of the MAGA right's scare-messaging.

No. I was just poking fun at Lobster's "late in the year." That's too late.

Obviously, I don't know anything -- and would never pretend to have inside information that I don't. I just don't think the "the most important election eVar!" theme meshes well with, "so...let's run the old man again."

Replacing him can't happen unless he goes "voluntarily" (even if under duress, like LBJ) and really can't happen after the convention (although the Torricelli precedent still, technically, applies).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:56 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:58 pm

No. I was just poking fun at Lobster's "late in the year." That's too late.

Obviously, I don't know anything -- and would never pretend to have inside information that I don't. I just don't think the "the most important election eVar!" theme meshes well with, "so...let's run the old man again."

Replacing him can't happen unless he goes "voluntarily" (even if under duress, like LBJ) and really can't happen after the convention (although the Torricelli precedent still, technically, applies).
You know my opinion. I think the Dems are in a box of their own making, and there isn't (absent, ah, actuarial intervention) much that can be done.

The Rs perceive their plight to be the same, but I do not agree.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm

goddamn you’re dumb
Sort of like how Donald Trump is one of the most "admired" if not "respected" men in the world.
Yet, I KNOW (not think) there are A LOT people in this country who hate (hate is a strong word) Michelle Obama. Amazing how all that works.
No. Not like that at all. Michelle is always the top response in various global polls about respected women. Trump is never the top response in similar polls. He falls far behind Michelle's husband, ol' wotsisname, in those polls.

Also, yes, a LOT of people hate Michelle. A LOT of people hate her husband. A LOT of people hated Clinton and Reagan...etc. As long as a majority of people in states with 270 EVs DON'T hate her, though, she's electable. She's a risk, obviously, since she's never run for anything before, but her political instincts are FAR superior to Hillary Clinton's or Nikki Haley's.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm What time is it boys and girls? It's time for:

Kevin's Tour of Revenge!

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy slams fellow GOP members Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
You know why he's "slamming" those two?

Cuz they're assholes. Natch.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:26 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm What time is it boys and girls? It's time for:

Kevin's Tour of Revenge!

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy slams fellow GOP members Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
You know why he's "slamming" those two?

Cuz they're assholes. Natch.
Because they're vulnerable "assholes"?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green."
Francis Bacon
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:03 pm but her political instincts are FAR superior to Hillary Clinton's or Nikki Haley's.
As well as her self preservation instincts, as indicated by her refusal to run for office.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:03 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:40 pm

No. Not like that at all. Michelle is always the top response in various global polls about respected women. Trump is never the top response in similar polls. He falls far behind Michelle's husband, ol' wotsisname, in those polls.

Also, yes, a LOT of people hate Michelle. A LOT of people hate her husband. A LOT of people hated Clinton and Reagan...etc. As long as a majority of people in states with 270 EVs DON'T hate her, though, she's electable. She's a risk, obviously, since she's never run for anything before, but her political instincts are FAR superior to Hillary Clinton's or Nikki Haley's.
I respectfully disagree with all that.
Yes, I 100% agree she's the "top response" in "various global polls but.... Trump IS near the top in many similar polls.
8 billion people in the world. Top 25, top 250, heck - top 2,500, top 25,000 is "near the top".
I also agree 100% Donald Trump falls behind Barack Obama in many polls but as I just said, Trump sure as the shit I took this morning is "near the top" in many polls. Which makes me want to puke.
Besides all that, isn't how they poll in the USA in regards to registered voters more important in determining our next President than how they poll in regards to how they are "respected" in Maldives, Tonga, Gambia, etc., etc., etc.?

Is she electable? Of course she is. Donald fricking Trump is electable.
I agree she's a risk.
In regards to her "political instincts", I am not smart enough to know for sure but I will take your word for it. I figure she knows how to play the game and is a pretty good bull-shiter so she has that going for her.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:41 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:03 pm but her political instincts are FAR superior to Hillary Clinton's or Nikki Haley's.
Yes.

And I think she makes sense in this context, but she may be smart enough to know that neither this context nor any other makes sense to her.

I've never made a secret of the fact that I genuinely like her. Maybe that's due in part to the good sense you mention.

As well as her self preservation instincts, as indicated by her refusal to run for office.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I fucked that up on my phone, but you know what I meant.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:02 pm I fucked that up on my phone, but you know what I meant.
Word on the street is you do that a lot.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:54 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:02 pm I fucked that up on my phone, but you know what I meant.
Now now you two, don’t act like teenagers. We don’t need a certain representative showing up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

japhy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:54 pm
Pretty damned funny
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:17 pm We don’t need a certain representative showing up.
It's the uncertain representatives that worry me most.