F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
hoopla

Re: F the NCAA

Post by hoopla »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:34 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 pm Oh man, I refuse to acknowledge that Dana O'Neil could still write something I agree with.
It's sort of fascinating, I've seen a few national people with knives out. Doesn't take much detective experience to figure out what's happening here.
can you explain, please?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hoopla wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:43 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 pm Oh man, I refuse to acknowledge that Dana O'Neil could still write something I agree with.
It's sort of fascinating, I've seen a few national people with knives out. Doesn't take much detective experience to figure out what's happening here.
can you explain, please?
Well, it seems that some true colors are being shown at the same time as Emmert's administration is receding in power. In other words, the value of Emmert and his people as sources (who must be placated) is on the wane.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Presidents have routinely and regularly sat alongside Emmert at the various dais and pounded their well-appointed loafers, aghast at the money-making of college sports while happily pocketing the riches their universities received at the behest of college sports."

True.
If you're going to preach values, you have to show them.
And they got greedy and failed.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 pm "Presidents have routinely and regularly sat alongside Emmert at the various dais and pounded their well-appointed loafers, aghast at the money-making of college sports while happily pocketing the riches their universities received at the behest of college sports."

True.
If you're going to preach values, you have to show them.
And they got greedy and failed.
This.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:53 pm
hoopla wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:43 pm

can you explain, please?
Well, it seems that some true colors are being shown at the same time as Emmert's administration is receding in power. In other words, the value of Emmert and his people as sources (who must be placated) is on the wane.
hm, interesting, thanks. its really easy to throw stones at the top guy, but the timing of the departure, level of disdain by a vocal media, etc. lead me to think this wasn't necessarily voluntary.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I wish Emmert well in Indianapolis, Ohio.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Everyone can get behind a "F the NCAA" story. It's chum for the masses. It will be interesting to see who they hire. I assume it will be another tone deaf internal candidate who will continue to lag 15 years behind the world.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:36 am
Everyone can get behind a "F the NCAA" story. It's chum for the masses. It will be interesting to see who they hire. I assume it will be another tone deaf internal candidate who will continue to lag 15 years behind the world.
I'm not so sure. The NCAA probably can't get this hire wrong, and still survive.*

* "Survive" means continue to run Power 5 football and basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Condoleezza Rice, which is hilarious to me

Robert Gates, also hilarious to me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Please forgive me if it's an obvious answer but I am curious as to why Connie Rice is hilarious to you.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jay bilas for ncaa pres.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:40 am Please forgive me if it's an obvious answer but I am curious as to why Connie Rice is hilarious to you.
https://www.si.com/college/2018/04/25/n ... eezza-rice
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:44 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:40 am Please forgive me if it's an obvious answer but I am curious as to why Connie Rice is hilarious to you.
https://www.si.com/college/2018/04/25/n ... eezza-rice
"Nobody could have foreseen" her flying into that role.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This was part of the reason to drag out the NCAA process. The public just isn't going to give a shit about charges stemming from a different world 5 years ago.

https://twitter.com/BrendanRMarks/statu ... w6wMSoU2sA
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

former Nike exec too!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Zion's realtor.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

fuckingross
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:46 am former Nike exec too!
Was there any doubt?

Maybe my post was a little misworded: same world, same shit going on as 5 years ago, but now it's ok to acknowledge and talk about and no one is going to jail.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, I almost added something about how the only real difference is they can come out and give the Rachel Baker types a proper title now.

Sparko mentions she's Zion's realtor. I haven't seen that, but did find this bit from the Avenatti trial:
• Rachel Baker, a Nike executive who led event strategy for the EYBL, allegedly expressed concern to a colleague about carrying large amounts of cash through airport security and indicated that she would lie and "just say I just sold my car" if she was stopped by security.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/27 ... -zion-more
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:59 am yeah, I almost added something about how the only real difference is they can come out and give the Rachel Baker types a proper title now.

Sparko mentions she's Zion's realtor. I haven't seen that, but did find this bit from the Avenatti trial:
• Rachel Baker, a Nike executive who led event strategy for the EYBL, allegedly expressed concern to a colleague about carrying large amounts of cash through airport security and indicated that she would lie and "just say I just sold my car" if she was stopped by security.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/27 ... -zion-more
Amazing find.

That's the type of stuff that will get Cleveland State on probation.