Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:35 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:55 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:41 am

I think you know that’s not true. I get that you’re upset, but that conclusion is not warranted.
Lessons in warranted conclusions from the guy using anecdotal protests as evidence of the unpopularity of the guy who got the most votes in American history.
Well...that plus the lowest approval rating of any president (at this point in his presidency) in almost 50 years.
I'd think we've all learned better than to think our old ways of polling still apply.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:20 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:41 am

I think you know that’s not true. I get that you’re upset, but that conclusion is not warranted.
Lessons in warranted conclusions from the guy using anecdotal protests as evidence of the unpopularity of the guy who ruined the economy.
FYP
You can call the sky green all you want, but it doesn't make it so.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:12 am

Lessons in warranted conclusions from the guy using anecdotal protests as evidence of the unpopularity of the guy who ruined the economy.
FYP
Lulz. Yes, the economy is perfect, just as long as you don't count energy and food costs. You all will never understand the hatred for Brandon unless you take a realistic look at the economy and the border.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:25 am

FYP
Lulz. Yes, the economy is perfect, just as long as you don't count energy and food costs. You all will never understand the hatred for Brandon unless you take a realistic look at the economy and the border.
I never said anything about perfect. You should know - you do know - that setting up straw men exposes weakness in your underlying point.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 am

I never said anything about perfect. You should know - you do know - that setting up straw men exposes weakness in your underlying point.
You do seem to find it acceptable, which is an unsupportable point.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:48 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:30 am

You do seem to find it acceptable, which is an unsupportable point.
Ok. The notion that someone thinking the state of the economy is "acceptable" is obviously not "unsupportable", but whatever.

I strongly disagree with the doom-and-gloom characterization of present-day America that animates so much of the hatred emanating from your side of the fence.

A modest amount of research will confirm that this characterization is very much essential to the fascist playbook - "I alone can fix it." And "I am your retribution," and so on.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lolllll. Americas most popular president

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1707 ... zwflA&s=19
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:51 pm Lolllll. Americas most popular president

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1707 ... zwflA&s=19
VGR!

Sweetheart, let me help you out.
First off, that video has been shared on here. By you? Doesn't matter. It's old news.
So old in fact, it was BEFORE he was elected President.
Second, Ted Cruz (I'm assuming someone who works for him) posted that on social media ? Really? Pot calling the kettle black.
Speaking of which, let's not forget the former President, who he worships, referred to Ted as a liar and a "nasty" guy - and Ted strongly ridiculed Trump and said why he felt Trump would be a shitty President when Trump was running against him. Maybe Ted should wipe the egg from his pussy face.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This hearing is GOLD. My god the Rs are dumb. Their own witness is saying, in plain language, that there is no factual support for impeachment. And that the inquiry (without even being voted on by the House) is premature and inappropriate.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

So, you were referring to Jonathan Turley. Wow.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:44 am So, you were referring to Jonathan Turley. Wow.
And Gerhardt.

Again - very important to consider the context. This hearing - and this is entirely fine - should have been VERY one-sided. And yet the Rs’ OWN WITNESSES are saying this is stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you can’t win THIS context, there’s simply nothing here.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Biden is old.....
The House GOP held its first hearing on Biden’s alleged corruption. Republicans have insisted for months that the president is guilty of criminal wrongdoing, but they have yet to produce any actual evidence of their claims.

As one of their first witnesses, Republicans called on Jonathan Turley, a conservative legal scholar who previously served as a Justice Department tax attorney. Turley was set to act as a content witness to help analyze the Biden family’s business dealings—but even he admitted there’s not enough evidence.

“I do not believe that the evidence currently meets the standard of a high crime and misdemeanor needed for an article of impeachment,” Turley said in written testimony submitted ahead of the hearing.

....wow; old, old, old, filthy rich, Joe is fucked....
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But they were told to impeach by a guy who was convicted by a majority of the Senate of impeachable offenses. But not 2/3. Because. Witch hunt. That majority convictionon on high crimes should have disqualified him from seeking office at least, even if it left him seething in office.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

FYP
You all will never understand the hatred for Brandon unless you take a realistic look at the economy and the border.
When was your last trip to the border?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Giggle.
Holding this impeachment hearing while the MAGA GOP sends the government hurtling toward a shutdown is like the pilot and co-pilot of a plane debating whether there were elves in the cargo hold while they fly the plane into a mountain.
https://x.com/djrothkopf/status/1707427 ... PzNG4aOfKQ
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:46 am If you can’t win THIS context, there’s simply nothing here.
I'm old enough to remember when you didn't ask your witnesses questions you didn't already know how they were going to answer.

But. "conservative" republicans...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:00 am

You all will never understand the hatred for Brandon unless you take a realistic look at the economy and the border.
When was your last trip to the border?
Haven't you heard? Psych lived next to some brown people so he moved to Michigan.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

FYP
You asking for realism is like the Kardashians promoting realism.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:36 pm

You asking for realism is like the Kardashians promoting realism.
Cool story, bro. Apparently, I am not alone.

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/27/americ ... -sentiment

"The data show that the recent reversal in gas prices (heading up) and in the stock market (heading down) are weighing on our mood. So is the continuing reality of living in a higher-price world.

Driving the news: After rising for much of 2023, consumer sentiment fell in September, according to polling out Wednesday from the Morning Consult/Axios Inequality Index.

Consumer sentiment fell 4.3% in September for higher-income households — earning at least $100,000 a year. It fell 2.8% for middle-income folks and 0.5% for low-income households.
Sentiment is measured by asking consumers how they're feeling about their personal finances and business conditions, now and in the future. Pollsters also ask if now is a good time to make a major household purchase.
"I think this is a cause for concern," said Jesse Wheeler, a senior economist at Morning Consult.

And there are economic headwinds to watch, he points out, including an auto strike that could grow more widespread and the potential government shutdown.
Meanwhile, the Conference Board's measure for consumer confidence fell in September for the second straight month and is now at a four-month low.

The group's expectations index, which measures people's short-term outlook for income, business and job market conditions — declined below 80 in September — a level that has historically signaled a recession within the year.
The big picture: Our national mood took a hit in 2020 and though there have been swings back up, the mood hasn't yet come back to where it was pre-pandemic.

Inflation is playing a big role here. Though the rate of price increases has certainly come down from the highs we saw last year, prices are still higher overall — and they aren't going back down.
As Catherine Rampell at the Washington Post recently wrote, "People sometimes ask me when prices are going to 'come back down' to what they were pre-pandemic ... the short answer is: probably never."
And though that's good for the economy — deflation is generally considered a bad thing at the macro level — higher prices are effectively a continual bummer for consumers.
Zoom out: The consumer sentiment data tracks with political polling that shows voters in a dark mood about the economy.

That's a major issue for President Biden, who's tried to turn the term "Bidenomics" into something positive.
In one poll out this week, 44% of voters said they're worse off financially under Biden — the most for any president since Ronald Reagan in 1986."