Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Ugh.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I've never really grasped it either. And I'm even in the banking profession. Cash is still king. Always has been and always will be.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I wouldn't invest in bitcoin right now. Maybe better to wait until it crashes. It doesn't really have any intrinsic value, but rather just what another person will pay for it. It was invented with the hope of having a currency be decentralized away from the banks. It's just too volatile to ever be a real currency. It's also slower than the newer tokens. I think eventually it will go the way of Myspace. I'm not against crypto (I bought some more back in March), but I would just be careful if you decide to buy. You could lose 50% of your money overnight or make 300% profit after several months. Ethereum is considered the most likely to be useful in the future, but it's going off a lot of speculation that things will actually become what they promise. I'm kind of doubtful it will to be honest. I don't mind making money off Ether, but I'm not sure I believe it in for the long term.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

One other reason a lot of Millennials love bitcoin and crypto is because it allowed them to get out of debt. Some of them took a chance early on an invested a few thousand into these tokens. Several years later, some of them made over a million dollars. I have a friend in Colorado who made 250K in a year just off of his investment into bitcoin and ether.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

So who takes bitcoin? I don't know of any mainstream retailers or wholesalers that do and with the stigma attached to it I don't believe it will become a major money source.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

possibly Nigerian princes
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

defixione wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:50 pm So who takes bitcoin? I don't know of any mainstream retailers or wholesalers that do and with the stigma attached to it I don't believe it will become a major money source.
Many if not most "offshore" on-line gambling/wagering sites.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Overstock.com was one of the first to accept it (they made a fortunate). Paypal does too (for now). However, I am in agreement that I don't think bitcoin will ever be accepted as payment in most companies. Just too volatile.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Where is Walrus/Lobster for me to congratulate him from turning his $50,000 Game Stop investment in to $11,000,000?
What do you mean it wasn't him?
I don't believe it.
Is Walrus/Lobster Gabe Plotkin?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We bought our house in summer 2019. I checked a realty website over the weekend out of curiousity. EVERY comparable was 15-25% more than what we paid less than two years ago. And most were pending, so that's not just asking price.

Not looking to move any time soon, but found it interesting what a lying sack if shit lobster is.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, but did it come with $250 in free tacos?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

And go ahead and check the first few lines on this one

https://cdn.nar.realtor/sites/default/f ... -02-11.pdf

+12.4% - San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
+15.2% - San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA

+16.2% - Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
+14.0% - Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:59 pm I wouldn't invest in bitcoin right now.
Jan 21 = $31,182

Today = $47,690

Fucking clown
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:03 pm
Not looking to move any time soon, but found it interesting what a lying sack if shit lobster is.
But, he is an expert in all things financial....

He made billions in disposable masks.

Disposable masks dude
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I wonder how many fewer people in So CA would have been infected if he wouldn't have shipped all of those masks to China.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Infected with what, the fungus? No big deal bro.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

defixione wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 pm I wonder how many fewer people in So CA would have been infected if he wouldn't have shipped all of those masks to China.
Atlas, I hear, simply shrugged
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The market in Denver seems to have cratered and taken us down with it. I don't know how we will recover.

We have a contract on our townhouse in Denver as of last night. We bought it 3 years ago and it sold for 25% over what we paid for it. We listed it on Friday night, had one open house on Sunday, and all but one offer was for more than asking price. Because it was an easy sell and the price was high; the realtor only wanted a 1% sellers fee. It was kind of a perfect storm, there hasn't been a townhouse in this area on the market in almost a year. The people across the street put their's on the market a couple of days before us so two visits in one stop drove traffic.

The place across the street was staged in all beige and taupe with over stuffed furniture and a antiquey looking dining room table. The photos screamed, old people will be comfortable here. Our place was all high end modern furniture from 1950's-1960's and large paintings on every wall plus a "robot altar" art piece that Defix's son installed a couple of years ago. One of the paintings in the living room is 7' tall x 12' long, it's a big room but the painting own's that bitch. Our house is mostly neutral colors but the furniture and art blast colors. The contrast was like we had two grandmas living across the street from one and another, one was Martha Stewart and the other was Ray Eames. Our realtor was pretty pleased when she saw the place.

We were waiting to see how the staging skewed the demographic of the buyers between the two places. The neighborhood trends towards older retired or near retirement aged professionals. Our contract is with a 37 year old marketing executive, she recently moved to Denver from San Francisco. Don't bother asking Ousdahl; I'm afraid she is way out of your league.

We now have 4 weeks to vacate and move our shit to Colorado Springs. The race is on to buy down there. Luckily with I-25 being a mess due to construction currently, it is a shit commute from The Springs to Denver right now. Once they get that work done and extend the light rail. Prices will blow up down there as well. It is still a relative bargain compared to much of the Front Range.

This housing market crash is gonna be the death of me I fear.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.