ousdahl

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by ousdahl »

Coors lite cold hard fax
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:50 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm Gutter with the nonchalant 4 phone humblebrag.
Home
Office
Fax
Cell
Not a bad guess.

Work Cell
Work "Land Line"
Personal Cell
Home "Land Line"
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Not going to look forward to Sunday nearly as much now that this is over.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

What a great ride to take again. I miss that time of my life, as well as spending just about every night watching that team for almost a decade. Never thought something like this would ever happen, but I'm glad it did. Just a great, great series. Hopefully a Blu-Ray will come out with more footage.
Deleted User 289

End of episode 9

"You bitch, fuck you".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMsP1yBhVA
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 am What a great ride to take again. I miss that time of my life, as well as spending just about every night watching that team for almost a decade. Never thought something like this would ever happen, but I'm glad it did. Just a great, great series. Hopefully a Blu-Ray will come out with more footage.
Unlike most Netflix produced series, this one felt too jam packed. Could have used a few more episodes.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:35 pm Not going to look forward to Sunday nearly as much now that this is over.
I mean, there's always Tiger/Manning vs Phil/Brady.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This comparison was an eye opening perspective for me regarding Mike's time with the Wizards:

MJ
38-39 years old
averaged 21/6/4

Kobe’s last 3 years:
35-37 years old
averaged 19/4/4
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 am This comparison was an eye opening perspective for me regarding Mike's time with the Wizards:

MJ
38-39 years old
averaged 21/6/4

Kobe’s last 3 years:
35-37 years old
averaged 19/4/4
I think Kobe was injured more, but yeah Jordan's Wizards years get compared to his Bulls career instead of comparing him to someone who's almost 40 still playing in the NBA.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kobe's last 3 years were directly after he tore his achilles, one of the worst injuries, if not worst injury, for a basketball player.
One of those years included in those 3, the year right after the tear, he played six games in, averaging 13 points, but hyper-extended his knee ( possibly related to the achilles recovery ).
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:09 am
LVCHawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 am What a great ride to take again. I miss that time of my life, as well as spending just about every night watching that team for almost a decade. Never thought something like this would ever happen, but I'm glad it did. Just a great, great series. Hopefully a Blu-Ray will come out with more footage.
Unlike most Netflix produced series, this one felt too jam packed. Could have used a few more episodes.
Agree there. I would have liked to see some of the actual match ups in the playoffs more in depth as far as actual game footage and player analysis/discussion.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I wonder if the doc would have been more in depth if it had stayed on its initial release time frame.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

That would have resulted in feeling even more jam packed. When it was first announced they said it was going to be a 10 part series.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:17 am I wonder if the doc would have been more in depth if it had stayed on its initial release time frame.
Idk, I feel like 10 episodes is pushing it for holding people's attention. Most of us commenting on this thread would have been fine with it being 15-20 episodes but it was probably just right for the general public. I really hope there is a blu-ray with alot more of the behind the scenes footage.

And how great is it to see some of that footage in HD? By the way, ESPN is re-airing game 6 of the 98 finals on Wednesday night with the HD footage spliced in I guess. On a KU note, Ostertag got to see a small portion of his career in some HD highlights. I wonder if they have MJ's dunk over him in the footage somewhere.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am
holidaysmore wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:17 am I wonder if the doc would have been more in depth if it had stayed on its initial release time frame.
Idk, I feel like 10 episodes is pushing it for holding people's attention. Most of us commenting on this thread would have been fine with it being 15-20 episodes but it was probably just right for the general public. I really hope there is a blu-ray with alot more of the behind the scenes footage.

And how great is it to see some of that footage in HD? By the way, ESPN is re-airing game 6 of the 98 finals on Wednesday night with the HD footage spliced in I guess. On a KU note, Ostertag got to see a small portion of his career in some HD highlights. I wonder if they have MJ's dunk over him in the footage somewhere.
I woulda watched a 40 part series. Wish it was.
Just Ledoux it
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

TDub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 am
LVCHawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am

I woulda watched a 40 part series. Wish it was.
This. Each episode was almost it's own 30 for 30. There were so many substories on those teams, they could have made so much more. I said it after the episode with the Sonic series, MJ vs. The Glove deserved more than 5 minutes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I finally found something I share in common with MJ when he said:

"I ate the pizza, all by myself."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

After he spit on said pizza.

It is said that they have 500 hrs of footage from that year. Insane. Some of that is probably pretty boring but with MJ holding the keys to the vault some of that footage we will probably never see for obvious reasons.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289