In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:35 am
Walrus wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:27 am In these times, we have coronavirus, and we have "problems" like this.

"USC Communications Professor Placed On Leave after Using Chinese Word That Sounds Like Racial Slur"

https://news.yahoo.com/usc-communicatio ... 39179.html
And? There is zero need for the specific example that professor chose. I have no problem with the hand slapped suspension and a little "you can't say stuff like that any more" training.
I disagree 100%.
It was in perfect context of the conversation and was a great example of what he was speaking about.
He used a Chinese word that sounded similar to an English word.
He in no way used the English word "nigger" in a negative manner. So why would and SHOULD he be placed on leave for using a Chinese word that means something completely different?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Interesting. No way Biden would do it, because he's in such bad shape with his brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUfahWHKwc
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 pm Interesting. No way Biden would do it, because he's in such bad shape with his brain.

Yeah, that's the reason.

Isn't it bad enough we have a moron in the White House. Now you want to have some doofus run a debate? Can we not turn this entire country into an episode of Jerry Springer, please?
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 pm Interesting. No way Biden would do it, because he's in such bad shape with his brain.

what, no comments about Redlining

color me shocked
Deleted User 289

Lobster is so fucking clueless - he doesn't realize Joe Biden's brain (in whatever state of being it currently is in) is probably far superior to Lobster's brain.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah, because I want to choose a president based on whether he's open to taking psychadelics, which supplements he's currently taking, if he likes to hunt elk, his knowledge of heat shock proteins, and what he thought about the last MMA event.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Joe Rogan is the ultimate tool.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am Joe Rogan is the ultimate tool.
Spoken like a true Trumper.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 am
I happen to agree that "Joe Rogan is the ultimate tool".
Sooooo....... What are you going to accuse me of being for saying that?
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 am
I happen to agree that "Joe Rogan is the ultimate tool".
Sooooo....... What are you going to accuse me of being for saying that?
Trumper!
Deleted User 310

I get accused of being a trumper all the time by cascadia even though i am not. That is the cool thing about calling people a trumper around here. Doesn't really matter if it is true or not apparently.
Deleted User 89

you’re likely labeled as such because you have a tendency to bring whataboutisms into the convo more than most, and downplay the egregiousness of the pres’ actions and comments

you almost always add the caveat that you aren’t a trumper, but nevertheless continue to post as referenced
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

So anyone who doesn't fall right in line with what the vocal left here wants is labeled a trumper. Got it.

Imo you can't be a trumper if you don't support trump and/or don't vote for trump. I have voted against trump and will vote against trump again.

Just becuase i see some of the vocal lefts hypocrisy at times or point out alternative points of view doesn't equal being a Trumper.

But i suppose that is the "you're either with us or against us" on everything that exists in our country. And why many reasonable people hate the left and right and don't feel they identify with either.

No worries. I don't care what most of you think of me or if you mislabel me as a trumper. I won't change your mind anyway so I probably shouldn't even try to defend myself, but it is hard not to try to clarify, even though it should be pretty clear in my posts that i have never and will never support trump.
Deleted User 89

i’d imagine that label is more of a joke than anything, but i could be wrong (i’ve never labeled you as such)

DC was never labeled a trumper, and i don’t think TDub was either (but could be wrong)...
Deleted User 89

and there nothing wrong with pointing out hypocrisies

it seems often, though, that you draw false equivalencies
Deleted User 310

Well, yes, i shouldn't take much of what cascadia says seriously...but it is hard to ignore.

Dc and tdub both were labeled as such at times and is likely part of the reason why neither post anymore currently.

It becomes frustrating to be labeled something you are not.
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm it seems often, though, that you draw false equivalencies
I am sure I have done that. I am sure others have done that as well....i am also sure that it is only pointed out when it is someone viewed as "the other side" doing it. Even if they aren't truly "the other side".

Rarely are 2 situations identical. But in todays climate it is always a false equivalency when it is "the other side"...or at least that is sure how it feels at times.

Like i said, no big deal either way. But there is a reason a lot of decent posters have left this site becuase of the rudeness on the politics board. And it isn't due to all the "reasonable" discussions where it should be okay to disagree on some things....now some things are not reasonable to disagree on such as racism, so nobody should expect that to be a friendly discussion.
Deleted User 89

two posters left specifically because of lobs/walrus

i’d have to go back and double check, but TDub may fall into your category

DC and feral/Shirley left at around the same time. not sure i’d classify those departures as being because of rudeness on the poli board, but i could be wrong
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:03 pm So anyone who doesn't fall right in line with what the vocal left here wants is labeled a trumper. Got it.

Imo you can't be a trumper if you don't support trump and/or don't vote for trump. I have voted against trump and will vote against trump again.

Just becuase i see some of the vocal lefts hypocrisy at times or point out alternative points of view doesn't equal being a Trumper.

But i suppose that is the "you're either with us or against us" on everything that exists in our country. And why many reasonable people hate the left and right and don't feel they identify with either.

No worries. I don't care what most of you think of me or if you mislabel me as a trumper. I won't change your mind anyway so I probably shouldn't even try to defend myself, but it is hard not to try to clarify, even though it should be pretty clear in my posts that i have never and will never support trump.
It's more just that you talk into pretzel knots and spend so much time trying to state every "what if" possibility that it unintentionally turns the conversation into something it's not. It's a trait of this new Switzerland persona you've been using since your return.

I doubt it's intentional but it still has the same results, people thinking you're purposefully trying to defend Trump's position by distracting with silly "what if's". It's just tiring and probably rubs others the wrong way after a while.