Dogs

Coffee talk.
DrPepper

Re: Dogs

Post by DrPepper »

I think the ideal is the parts where Swiss city dwellers get out of the city to do their wanderwegs (hikes) and there are tons of parks and tons of great public transportation.

Google says the tallest building in Switzerland has 26 floors.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:24 am
So are we saying people shouldn’t live in cities?
In this new age of pandemics that may be something worth considering. Densely populated areas are ticking time bombs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:12 am
In this new age of pandemics that may be something worth considering. Densely populated areas are ticking time bombs.
I'm all for it but I don't think that's practical.
We would need a major change in infrastructure.
And people would have to stop having so many children ( worldwide ).
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:49 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:12 am
I'm all for it but I don't think that's practical.
We would need a major change in infrastructure.
And people would have to stop having so many children ( worldwide ).
Agree. It won't/can't happen. To both.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

It will happen if a pandemic takes out the cities. Like, literally. The airports and the population centers coincide. You just need the right bug with the right vector with the right Ro.
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:35 am It will happen if a pandemic takes out the cities. Like, literally. The airports and the population centers coincide. You just need the right bug with the right vector with the right Ro.
Scary shit. And it's only a matter of time.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Today I learned how to force a dog to vomit. She was off-leash and got a whole, huge, chocolate-chip cookie from under a park bench. This thing was one of those huge, thick gourmet cookies with mega chunks of chocolate. She would not drop it (which is odd) and the more I tried to get it from her the more she knew she had something special to gobble up. I called the vet and they wanted to know if it was milk or dark chocolate and $400 for an emergency visit to induce vomiting. So, back at the house my dog got some yummy hydrogen peroxide shot down the side of her mouth and 11 minutes of frizbee in the back yard. Then she started puking on the driveway. There were a couple of cookie chunks so I got to make out that it was milk chocolate chips rather than dark chocolate (so not such a scare). All in all, I now know I can make the dog puke if needed which feels good for the next emergency.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"...my dog got some yummy hydrogen peroxide shot down the side of her mouth..."

Whoa.
This isn't what I would think you'd use.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

If I want my dog to puke, I usually just show him this:

Ain't no seats
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Worse than a gallon of hydrogen peroxide.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Had to make my youngest puke when she was little. Ate a robin's egg she found on the ground. I would have let it go but Mrs 99 was freaking out about salmonella.

What's that stuff? Ipicac? I can't spell it. But it cured her of eating robin's eggs.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

My puppy ate fucking wood chips the other day apparently. Big ones. Whole. Barfed them up in the middle of the night. I was extremely surprised what came out when the puking started.

Puppies eat just about anything it seems.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so remember beav's white trash ex-girlfriend? The one who grew up on a ranch on the west side of the county with the confederate flag tattoos and shit?

so she's trying to pawn her dog off onto him. And even though he knows our lease is no pets, and the landlord confirmed no pets when beav begged anyway, and even though I said even if the landlord makes an exception I personally don't wanna have to deal with another roommate dog after how the last situation went (remember THOSE stories?!), beav is playing some stupid victim card about how the rest of the world must be out to get him cuz he can't adopt his ex girlfriend's dog.

I try to tell him he should get this idea out of his head, cuz he more importantly should have stopped talking to this stupid chick a long time ago.

but beav won't hear it, cuz I'm pretty sure he's still secretly in love with that dumb white trash.

I maintain to beav: if my fucking ex tried to get me to watch her fucking dog while she and her boyfriend go to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself. And yet, here he is now trying to take it bowling.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Break up with him.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, that might be what it comes to.

Pretty sure he's looking for pet friendly places to move out to just to accommodate his fucking white trash ex girlfriend.
Deleted User 863

Aren't you like 35 years old? Why you choose to live with another grown ass man is beyond my comprehension.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why do you care?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I can't believe illy fell for another one of my made up stories LOL
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 am Aren't you like 35 years old? Why you choose to live with another grown ass man is beyond my comprehension.
Oh, good Lord! Everything not on a sports page is beyond your comprehension, Illannoy. You do not need to announce it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

much is beyond his comprehension…even outside of sports boards
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?