Violence

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Violence

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:16 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 am what’s with the wildling garb?

fur, horns, spears...
When your goal is "get a cool selfie of myself being a rebellious patriot to build up my digital persona" you need a really memorable costume.

Dances with Karens
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:56 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:02 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 am i would turn someone in lickety-split
You are not a giant pussy.
I am 100% torn on my feelings about snitching.

This might be extreme but I feel if you don't snitch, you are basically aiding and abetting a criminal and helping to enable them to commit more crimes.

That being said, you (Jeeper) claim (or at least imply) someone is a "giant pussy" if they don't snitch.
Let me ask you this. If someone has seen a person who was killed because they were a "snitch" and forgetting about themself after that, they wouldn't want a loved one to be "retaliation"/"retribution"/"vengeance" for their being a snitch - are they still a "giant pussy" to you?
Well, I just might prefer to be a "giant pussy" who stays alive (and doesn't possibly put my family member/s well being in jeopardy) as opposed to some tough guy who is naive and goes ahead and snitches - and gets himself or someone he cares about killed because of it.
It isn't complicated for me.
You find your moral compass and principles that are most important to you. And you STAND on those, regardless and without fear.

I guess some folks are built for it and some aren't.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:51 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:02 am

You are not a giant pussy.

This might be extreme but I feel if you don't snitch, you are basically aiding and abetting a criminal and helping to enable them to commit more crimes.

That being said, you (Jeeper) claim (or at least imply) someone is a "giant pussy" if they don't snitch.
Let me ask you this. If someone has seen a person who was killed because they were a "snitch" and forgetting about themself after that, they wouldn't want a loved one to be "retaliation"/"retribution"/"vengeance" for their being a snitch - are they still a "giant pussy" to you?
Well, I just might prefer to be a "giant pussy" who stays alive (and doesn't possibly put my family member/s well being in jeopardy) as opposed to some tough guy who is naive and goes ahead and snitches - and gets himself or someone he cares about killed because of it.
You find your moral compass and principles that are most important to you. And you STAND on those, regardless and without fear.

Solid response. I admire you. Seriously.
I fully admit that I am very conflicted. I have "narced"/"snitched" in the past but these days I am very reluctant for fear of retribution. Not so much for my sake, for my family member's sake.
If I knew my "snitching" was 100% anonymous, then I would probably do it without hesitation but I know pretty much nothing is "anonymous" anymore and how quickly a person's identity and background info can be found.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Solid response. I admire you. Seriously.
I fully admit that I am very conflicted. I have "narced"/"snitched" in the past but these days I am very reluctant for fear of retribution. Not so much for my sake, for my family member's sake.
If I knew my "snitching" was 100% anonymous, then I would probably do it without hesitation but I know pretty much nothing is "anonymous" anymore and how quickly a person's identity and background info can be found.
Appreciated. Don't live in fear.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 pm This is true:

https://twitter.com/dontlickchalk/statu ... 36000?s=21
Yep. But again, federal help very slow. Lucky it arrived in time
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

defixione wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:40 pm Sorry, I can't help myself.

This is one of the people Trump called a patriot...said “we love you, you are very special.” Trump is now responsible for his death. And no, he can’t pardon himself.
This is Kevin Greyson of Athens, Alabama. Mr. Greyson died in the capital building during his attempt to overthrow our democracy. How did he die? He was attempting to steal a picture of Tip O’Neal when his own stun-gun fired in his front pocket. While electrocuting his own testicles, Mr. Greyson also suffered a heart attack and died on the scene. Under the feet of his other rabid insurrectionist traitors, with Tip O’Neal looming still oh-so-large over him. I sure hope Trump was worth it to him.

https://scontent.ffsd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=601F0BDB
Just found out this is a bogus claim. He died on the Capitol lawn of a hear attack while having a conversation with his wife.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

defixione wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:32 pm
defixione wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:40 pm Sorry, I can't help myself.

This is one of the people Trump called a patriot...said “we love you, you are very special.” Trump is now responsible for his death. And no, he can’t pardon himself.
This is Kevin Greyson of Athens, Alabama. Mr. Greyson died in the capital building during his attempt to overthrow our democracy. How did he die? He was attempting to steal a picture of Tip O’Neal when his own stun-gun fired in his front pocket. While electrocuting his own testicles, Mr. Greyson also suffered a heart attack and died on the scene. Under the feet of his other rabid insurrectionist traitors, with Tip O’Neal looming still oh-so-large over him. I sure hope Trump was worth it to him.

https://scontent.ffsd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=601F0BDB
Just found out this is a bogus claim. He died on the Capitol lawn of a hear attack while having a conversation with his wife.
All depends on who you choose to believe.
How's this? I'm not a smart guy but I am wise enough to choose not to believe anybody who was there (including law enforcement) and who was associated with anyone there - and who defends the asshole in any way.
I don't believe he tased himself in/on his testicles but I would be a fool to believe anything his wife said/says too. She married and stayed married to the jag-off. Speaks volumes about her as a person.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It was always said he died of a heart attack. Precipitating event likely
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:16 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 am what’s with the wildling garb?

fur, horns, spears...
When your goal is "get a cool selfie of myself being a rebellious patriot to build up my digital persona" you need a really memorable costume.

Dances with Karens
Lol. I missed this comment. Good stuff 99
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That is not officer Sicknick.
But still a bunch of assholes who should go to prison.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

GWU has set up a website to host official documents relating to the insurrection.

https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Cases
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 pm https://youtu.be/79MWfb04eak

There's going to be a whole lot of "white male experiences consequences for the first time" videos in the coming weeks.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »