Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

"Practiced but didn't do much" Likely a gametime decision.

Decision made this morning.

We're punting this thing, and that's fine.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

watch, the guys will come out without Self or KM and just run table
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 am If it really was a heart attack or a stroke, I can't imagine we see Coach Self on the sideline again this season.
Id prefer he shuts it down for the season if heart attack or stroke is true
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:53 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 am If it really was a heart attack or a stroke, I can't imagine we see Coach Self on the sideline again this season.
If you fucking even imply, at all, what I wouldn't put it past you to imply, now or ever, on any bored or any thread, you will be gone like Thanos dust.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

hasbeen wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 am Vernon has been right about a shit ton of information. It's honestly weird how many people deny that simple fact.

Get better, Bill!
is there anything we can do to talk you into changing your avatar?
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:55 am
If you fucking even imply, at all, what I wouldn't put it past you to imply, now or ever, on any bored or any thread, you will be gone like Thanos dust.
wait, what? #confused.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

hoopla wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:58 am
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:55 am

wait, what? #confused.
Ditto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

See his theories on Damar Hamlin and apply them to this scenario.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I applaud pdub, non-sarcastically, for the first time ever.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:03 pm See his theories on Damar Hamlin and apply them to this scenario.
Ahh.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Moving on.
Will no Self and no McCullar, we'll need one of Jalen or Dick to be en fuego and KJ and Dejuan to be totally in sync on their special pick and roll.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

One more reason he should have been the COTY. Life is a tenuous thing and it never wrong to honor people who should be honored on their own time.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

hasbeen wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 am Vernon has been right about a shit ton of information. It's honestly weird how many people deny that simple fact.

Get better, Bill!
Is Vernon lonestarJayhawk?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:03 pm See his theories on Damar Hamlin and apply them to this scenario.
All I did was ask a question people all across the country were asking. That wasn't right of you to ban me a week for that. I never even said I beleived it. It was just a bizarre situation. And damar Hamlin hasn't been allowed to talk about it still. Which is also bizarre

But like you said... moving on
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm curious this team will respond. The big 12 tournament is a crap shoot. WVU is playing like their season is on the line. They know if they beat KU today, they get an at large bid
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:55 pm I'm curious this team will respond. The big 12 tournament is a crap shoot. WVU is playing like their season is on the line. They know if they beat KU today, they get an at large bid
Which brings us to the conspiracy thread.
IF (that's a huge IF) KU and the Big 12 knows they are a #1 seed in the Midwest no matter what happens in the Big 12 Tournament, would the Big 12 try and influence the refs to kind of try and give WVU an edge on calls/non-calls?

Back to Coach Self.....
Just read this is the first time in 20 years he's missed a game due to HIS illness.
I wonder how many other coaches can say the same.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sometimes it's just best to let a stupid thought go untyped. for the good of mankind.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:17 pm sometimes it's just best to let a stupid thought go untyped. for the good of mankind.
Gold
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Apparently the KC Star has a statement by Norm they published a few minutes ago, but I can't open it.

Another Star story from this morning says that he's resting comfortably this morning, but staying in the hospital for to "undergo medicals tests while resting", which sounds like something other than a "virus".
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:06 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:55 pm I'm curious this team will respond. The big 12 tournament is a crap shoot. WVU is playing like their season is on the line. They know if they beat KU today, they get an at large bid
Which brings us to the conspiracy thread.
IF (that's a huge IF) KU and the Big 12 knows they are a #1 seed in the Midwest no matter what happens in the Big 12 Tournament, would the Big 12 try and influence the refs to kind of try and give WVU an edge on calls/non-calls?

Back to Coach Self.....
Just read this is the first time in 20 years he's missed a game due to HIS illness.
I wonder how many other coaches can say the same.
WVU appears to be in whether they win or not so I don't think "The Big 12" (whatever mythical "they" that is) needs to participate in some giant conspiracy to get the refs to favor WVU in today's game.