F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: F the NCAA

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:38 am For me it has ( well, maybe not that extreme, more like your favorite BBQ place stopped serving burnt ends, brisket and ribs, got rid of all the sauces and only does pulled pork and chicken - but now also has acai bowls! ).

But for many the BBQ got better!
but again, for the bbq açaí no-burnt-ends-only-pork illustration to work, it would have to be analogous to something changing in college hoops as significantly as, "but we don't even have guards or forwards any more, it's just all centers!"

But the on-court product has hardly changed at all, let alone that drastically. And if it has changed, it's that the Tschiewbwes and (Ochais, and Jalens, etc) are actually more likely to stay in college; and the Dicks and Rices are more likely to come to college in the first place. Does that change college hoops for the worse, or for the better?

and if anyone is trying to claim NIL is making college hoops "better," it would be the previously mentioned caliber of players still coming or still staying in college, plus something along the lines of, "well at least we now understand what's in this sausage and where it comes from so our lips and assholes are more ethically sourced, we can actually confirm fewer rat turds ending up in the meat grinder during production, etc."

and if you still think that sausage tastes more like açaí for no other reason than cuz you now know it is, and always has been, lips and assholes all along; then that's prob less the actual on-court (or on-bun) product, and more so just in your head.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Again, you - you - are choosing - choosing - to take NIL so personally.

You are choosing to like something less because the labor is now getting paid.

Disgusting."

I know that's ( the Disgusting angle ) how you see it.
It's incorrect.
And your insistence on applying the way you see it to how I actually see it has made you an asshole.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Pdub isn't racist.

But slaves got free room and board, and meal plans too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:42 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:22 am i remember when collegiate athletics used to be awesome.
Which was, ah, back when, um...young, generally-powerless people, disproportionately drawn from particular socioeconomic backgrounds, performed valuable services in exchange for room and board.

Seems, how to say, regressive.

Or, nostalgic for an...um...different time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:16 am Pdub isn't racist.

not alleging any racism

but if we're really gonna get so worked up about NIL to the exclusion of getting worked up about so many other more significant and more consequential examples of economic exploitation and overmonetization of every single thing, well, then, Qusdahl would like a word.
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm guessing this kinda stuff is why PhD doesn't post here anymore.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is that it?

I always figured he just got pissed about one too many half donut jokes.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 am

I'm guessing this kinda stuff is why PhD doesn't post here anymore.
Probably. Add him to the list.

That's why I put my first statement.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, I know I've been accused of being racist before, but I couldn't tell ya exactly when.

but when I have been accused of being racist, or even had so much insinuated, my reaction has been more along the lines of, "whoa, jeez, maybe I need to reevaluate my perspectives and seek a better understanding here cuz I'm def not trying to be racist," and less along the lines of "screw you guys I'm going home."

but, of course, YMMV
Deleted User 863

You're the type of dude who uses the N word for the lulz when you're around white friends Q. You've done it here. So lecturing PDub about self reflection gave me a good chuckle.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Illy just called you a racist.
Better go revaluate your perspectives.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'll certainly do so.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 am You're the type of dude who uses the N word for the lulz when you're around white friends Q. You've done it here. So lecturing PDub about self reflection gave me a good chuckle.
could you kindly provide a link to when I used the N word here?

It would help toward reevaluating my perspective.

Please and thanks!
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

numbnutz straight making shit up

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm guessing Illy is referring to some time I called him a nagger.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:14 am "Again, you - you - are choosing - choosing - to take NIL so personally.

You are choosing to like something less because the labor is now getting paid.

Disgusting."

I know that's ( the Disgusting angle ) how you see it.
It's incorrect.
And your insistence on applying the way you see it to how I actually see it has made you an asshole.
Say I was an eagle.

An eagle who is not a duck, and does not like ducks, and does not want to be identified as a duck. An eagle who does not socialize with ducks. An eagle who resents ducks, thinks ducks are obviously bad, and does not wish there to be more ducks or duck-adjacent birds of any kind. An eagle who would not like to even be in a picture with a known duck, for fear of someone thinking there's anything remotely duck-esque about me.

(And, for purposes of this example, assume eagle-me is, you know, like sentient and stuff.)

If, to support a position I was intent on taking on a silly message board (where there are mostly eagles, but possibly some ducks), I was required to look like a duck, swim like a duck, and quack like a duck...I would carefully reconsider whether my position was worth looking like a duck, swimming like a duck, and quacking like a duck.

I would think about whether there's something inextricably ducky about the position I'm taking. Like, even despite my own internal non-duckitude, I would think about whether taking the position I want to take is necessarily duckish, such that by taking that position, an actual duck might look at me and reasonably conclude that, at a minimum, I'm ok with the things about that position that are really quite inseparable from duckness.

I don't think you're a duck. But I think you're looking, swimming, and quacking like one to support your position on this issue.

So, I think you should reconsider the position. Because, again, I do not believe you are, or want to be, or want to be considered, a duck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TLDR.
I can imagine what it says tho.
Something very ( ironically ) sanctimonious.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

speaking of ducks…i recently read about some new research into the female reproductive biology of those ducks with the long, corkscrew penises

turns out, the duck vagina has a series of “dead end” pockets, making it so regardless of how rapey the drake is, the hen still has the choice of whether or not she cooperates to allow for successful copulation
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:48 am TLDR.
I can imagine what it says tho.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oreadical, thoughts?