Uncle Joe

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:26 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:06 pm the American public has made it abundantly clear that they are more than willing to pay exorbitant prices

why would petroleum companies give up record profits?

idiots
That's insanely dumb. Nobody wants to pay higher prices, but most people depend on gas whether they like it or hot

But, travel is down. Due to inflation of gas and everything else
you’re insanely dumb (and broken)

demand is down right now (hint: it’s an outlier), but how about you actually look at the demand through time relative to pump price
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:50 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:26 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:06 pm the American public has made it abundantly clear that they are more than willing to pay exorbitant prices

why would petroleum companies give up record profits?

idiots
That's insanely dumb. Nobody wants to pay higher prices, but most people depend on gas whether they like it or hot

But, travel is down. Due to inflation of gas and everything else
you’re insanely dumb (and broken)
You could have stopped here
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:53 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:04 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:47 pm

Had you bothered to read the article linked, or even the quotes excerpted, you would have had a better chance of getting the point. As you were.
What did Alex Jones and Tulsi Gabbard have to say?
I quoted the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) and Forbes both directly. Sorry to disappoint.
Wait! You mean, after reading your posts for well over a decade, you actually finally made one that wasn't a variation on:

If the benefits accrue to me I'm for it,
but if the benefits don't accrue to me I'm against it, no matter if it helps anyone else or not
?

It's a miracle! There is a god after all!

Now, didn't I recently post that one of the best things about hanging out here was watching your personal growth?

You go!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So glad this thread is reduced to petty personal bickering. Makes it easier to shrug off things like, just what the fuck Uncle Joe is up to in the immigration thread.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:10 pm So glad this thread is reduced to petty personal bickering.
You new here or something’?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:47 pm

Had you bothered to read the article linked, or even the quotes excerpted, you would have had a better chance of getting the point. As you were.
I quoted the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) and Forbes both directly. Sorry to disappoint.
From 2022
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:28 am

From 2022
Yup.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Insane right wing austerity economics is bad throughout history. Defending oligarchs who benefited during those times is blind to the truth that extraction economics eventually plunders the engine of prosperity. Raising the general standard of living and regulating the hazards of industry is something we should all agree to pursue. Culture stuff needs to be shelved.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 am Insane right wing austerity economics is bad throughout history. Defending oligarchs who benefited during those times is blind to the truth that extraction economics eventually plunders the engine of prosperity. Raising the general standard of living and regulating the hazards of industry is something we should all agree to pursue. Culture stuff needs to be shelved.
Amen.

Don't expect the +/- highest output of domestic oil ever to persist:

Sept. 29th:

US Rig Count is at a current level of 623.00, down from 630.00 last week and down from 764.00 one year ago. This is a change of -1.11% from last week and -18.46% from one year ago.

To counter the Saudi/Russian agreement to decrease output to support the price of oil, the US has made the sanctions against Venezuela, Iran, and Russia leakier.
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 am Insane right wing austerity economics is bad throughout history. Defending oligarchs who benefited during those times is blind to the truth that extraction economics eventually plunders the engine of prosperity. Raising the general standard of living and regulating the hazards of industry is something we should all agree to pursue. Culture stuff needs to be shelved.
The money molecule is lighter than air. Basic physics says it will eventually trickle up.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Joe!

It looks like strengthening NATO and bringing a coalition together to sanction Russia was a great idea:

The value of the Russian Ruble has COLLAPSED over the past 12 months and the value has now fallen to more than 100 against the US Dollar. The only other time that this has happened was 14th AUGUST when the Russian Central Bank called an Emergency Meeting and Hiked Interest Rates by 350bps. In this video I discuss this issue in more detail and the implications for the Russia Economy.

RUSSIAN Ruble Collapses to Record Low as Economy Crashes
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:27 am Thanks, Joe!

It looks like strengthening NATO and bringing a coalition together to sanction Russia was a great idea:

The value of the Russian Ruble has COLLAPSED over the past 12 months and the value has now fallen to more than 100 against the US Dollar. The only other time that this has happened was 14th AUGUST when the Russian Central Bank called an Emergency Meeting and Hiked Interest Rates by 350bps. In this video I discuss this issue in more detail and the implications for the Russia Economy.

And this makes life here in the good ol' USA better how, exactly?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:38 am

Try envisioning Russia as an adversary, rather than that country that helps your favorite fascists gain power in America, and it might make more sense to you.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm

Try envisioning Russia as an adversary, rather than that country that helps your favorite fascists gain power in America, and it might make more sense to you.
POTD
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:15 pm

Well, the way you frame it, I guess the downside is pretty hard to see. Brandon, Giggles, and their ilk would be a much bigger threat to my wellbeing by far.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From the Chief Strategist for republican Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign, Stuart Stevens:

This isn't complicated. The Russians supported Trump. He won. Today, the three leading candidates for the Republican nomination all support Putin's position that Russian genocide is a "regional dispute."

Trump has endorsed Jim Jordon for Speaker. He has the Putin position.

The party that was for decades the most consistent antagonist to the tyranny of the Soviet Union and Russia is now a functional tool to help Russian genocide.

In the history of Western democracies, no major political party has been so compromised by a hostile foreign power. If you vote Republican, this is what you are supporting.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm From the Chief Strategist for republican Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign, Stuart Stevens:

This isn't complicated. The Russians supported Trump. He won. Today, the three leading candidates for the Republican nomination all support Putin's position that Russian genocide is a "regional dispute."

The party that was for decades the most consistent antagonist to the tyranny of the Soviet Union and Russia is now a functional tool to help Russian genocide.

In the history of Western democracies, no major political party has been so compromised by a hostile foreign power. If you vote Republican, this is what you are supporting.
But, Mexicans!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm From the Chief Strategist for republican Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign, Stuart Stevens:

And again I ask: This impacts me how? There is a list of more important issues a mile long that do impact me, but we’re flushing $135 billion that could be used to address those issues down the Ukrainian toilet.

Dum, bro.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:17 pm

And again I ask: This impacts me how? There is a list of more important issues a mile long that do impact me, but we’re flushing $135 billion that could be used to address those issues down the Ukrainian toilet.

Dum, bro.
Cheap price to pay for suppressing, by proxy, imperialist aggression that otherwise was pointed toward an Article 5 conflict.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:40 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Dum, bro.
Cheap price to pay for suppressing, by proxy, imperialist aggression that otherwise was pointed toward an Article 5 conflict.
Spending only 3% of our yearly defense budget to stop Russian expansion "by proxy" is a bargain. The reason he doesn't think so is because Psych views Russia as an ally, not an adversary. They're helping him and the Christo-Fascist white snowflakes impose minority rule on the US, because they're unable to sell their ideas to a majority of Americans, and are too cowardly to admit it when they lose elections.
Anand Giridharadas